colchester loans.

just no!

whats the obsession with some people on this site about past players, even those who were no better than average.

Hes passed around a few clubs since he left latics so he cant have improved much. Is it because he scored that goal against city i wonder?

Will people just get over Scott Vernon :petesake:

I like scott vernon. I think its because his goals saved us from relegation. However, looking at his scoring record, he was most 'prolific' with us. We certainly got the best out of the deal when he went to blackpool. He knows his way around our league but no better than what we have.

I like scott vernon. I think its because his goals saved us from relegation. However, looking at his scoring record, he was most 'prolific' with us. We certainly got the best out of the deal when he went to blackpool. He knows his way around our league but no better than what we have.

If he ever came back I would welcome him , but it just seems like some people seem to think he is the messiah that will score us 20 goals

If he ever came back I would welcome him , but it just seems like some people seem to think he is the messiah that will score us 20 goals

Or that he will provide us with some experience cover upfront while our strikers get back from injury.

Blackman is still injured i think?

Abbott needs a hernia operation and is playing through the pain for us atm and vernon can provide us with cover for a few months while they get back to full fitness

Or that he will provide us with some experience cover upfront while our strikers get back from injury.

Abbott needs a hernia operation and is playing through the pain for us atm and vernon can provide us with cover for a few months while they get back to full fitness

Vernon is an average-good player for this league. IMHO. Would he get into the Oldham team if everyone is fit no- because Abbott and Blackman are better. Is he better than Keigan Parker- quite possibly. Is he better than Alessandra, COG, Smalley, Brooke, Eaves, Tischler et al. - Yes. That's why a lot of people would have him back here on loan because he's better than what we have as back-ups and we have 1 centre forward who needs a Hernia op, 1 centre forward who has problems with his foot and 1 centre forward who is probably about the same standard. Abbott/Blackman + Vernon would work well together- a lot of teams have only 1 good centre-half the other one is averageish. The 1 good centre half marks Abbott/Blackman and that would leave Vernon being marked by the not so good centre-half. Plus often teams struggle marking two big centre-forwards and if done right the smaller of the two centre forwards often has a field day in the air. Vernon did OK when he was here first time round- often leading the line and to be frank I thought he fell out with the manager (probably Ronnie but I may be mistaken) when he was late for a game because of flooding on the M60. Now everyone has been late for something because of traffic and I thought at the time the club might have been a bit harsh on him.

Would Vernon come back- he might his parents probably still live localish (he was from Stockport way if I remember right). Would he do a job- Yes. Would I want him here- depends how much its going to cost (loans from the same division often cost a bit in wages but loans like Blackman's - to get a youngster some match experience can be cheaper).

just no!

whats the obsession with some people on this site about past players, even those who were no better than average.

Hes passed around a few clubs since he left latics so he cant have improved much. Is it because he scored that goal against city i wonder?

It's because most people dont know what the vast majority of other football league players they've probably only seen once or twice are really like.

The only Colchester player i'd of been happy coming here who they've allowed to go on loan would have been Perkin's whos gone with Shez to Chesterfield. He ran the game at BP last year. One of the best passing footballers in the lower leagues and his energy and commitment for a small lad is superb.

It's because most people dont know what the vast majority of other football league players they've probably only seen once or twice are really like.

The only Colchester player i'd of been happy coming here who they've allowed to go on loan would have been Perkin's whos gone with Shez to Chesterfield. He ran the game at BP last year. One of the best passing footballers in the lower leagues and his energy and commitment for a small lad is superb.

I think the majority of Sunday League players could have "ran a game" against our lot when Colchester played us at home.

Central Midfield is the only area where we have loads of options. Gillespie would be good, but is probably too similar to Keigan Parker.

He might provide cover but i honestly can't see him scoring many if any more goals than the cover we already have in brooke, eaves, etc. Vernon is a very average player imo and i'm sure we could get someone better.

I rate Perkins and Gillespie but I doubt we will be looking at anymore loan players...... Penney stated recently that he did not want to dilute the team with loan players.

Obviously Perkins is gone. Gillespie I don't know. Despite the price paid I'm still a bit undecided by him.

Glenn Murray on loan however could be a winner, especially if Pawel is to be out for a while. Or continuously.