Dean Brill

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meh no point havin a go now. We can't replace him really. any loan we got in probabley would be just as bad or worse and we cant get Fleming back until January. Let him get on with it and hope he can pick up his confidence

I turned to my mate as he got behind the free-kick and said "he's saved one!". Next moment they're celebrating. No idea how that happened!

We conceded 3 shocking goals today and missed 2 one v ones in the first half.

If Parker isn't going to put these chances away, Penney needs to find another option.

I turned to my mate as he got behind the free-kick and said "he's saved one!". Next moment they're celebrating. No idea how that happened!

We conceded 3 shocking goals today and missed 2 one v ones in the first half.

If Parker isn't going to put these chances away, Penney needs to find another option.

Agreed but i guess thats what Blackman is but didn't he miss a 1v1 when he came on??? I may have misheard the commentary.

He did cost us the second goal from a Lambert free kick, very soft goal as it wasn't even that well struck, he got to it and appeared to get behind it but then let it go straight through him, shocking mistake really.

The last goal was also a gift after a misplaced :censored: pass, an absolute give away.

That said, we were well beaten by a better team on the day, outplayed all over the pitch and we can have no complaints about the defeat, aside from a fifteen minute spell in the second half we were second best all day.

Just wasnt our day

Beaten by a better team on the day

They could and should have had more than three

Considering the team is picking itself at the mo and we are down to the bare bones of our arse players wise I thought we battled well

But I definitely think we need Fleming back here, or a keeper who can keep Dean Brill on his toes and push him all the way for the number 1 spot

He did cost us the second goal from a Lambert free kick, very soft goal as it wasn't even that well struck, he got to it and appeared to get behind it but then let it go straight through him, shocking mistake really.

The last goal was also a gift after a misplaced :censored: pass, an absolute give away.

That said, we were well beaten by a better team on the day, outplayed all over the pitch and we can have no complaints about the defeat, aside from a fifteen minute spell in the second half we were second best all day.

Yup, they were a well organised side who played for each other and moved the ball well. If they hadn't had the deduction they would be right up there. They look like they have adapted to the league and I wouldn't be surprised to see them promoted.

its all well and good being beaten off the better side

but if we had defended properly we would have got a point today

if Brill makes clangers like that when he is full of confidence, then he needs shipping out

thing is though he is the only keeper we have at the mo, and he will be between the sticks next week

that is why we need either fleming or another keeper capable of pushing him for his place, to keep him on his toes

Yup, they were a well organised side who played for each other and moved the ball well. If they hadn't had the deduction they would be right up there. They look like they have adapted to the league and I wouldn't be surprised to see them promoted.

Yep, the best team I've seen us play this season by some way.

I think they can still make the play offs.

Sad to see the crowd getting on his back again after 1 mistake. Granted it was a bad one but for the last 5 games he hasnt conceded except scoring against himself.

Not that it was a free kick in the first place, that referee was a clown, lost his yellow card on the pitch and took him 20 minutes to realise. Lomax getting booked for 23 squaring up to him? What a joke.

I wasn't remotely impressed by Southampton.

We gave them everything today after we'd made a half decent start.

They won because our players didn't do their jobs properly.

Lomax getting booked for 23 squaring up to him? What a joke.

Nothing to do with the rather hefty challenge that Lomax made then?

Edited by opinions4u

Yep, the best team I've seen us play this season by some way.

I think they can still make the play offs.

we made them look like the best team we've played this season,basic errors cost us today,always from the same guy how many points has he cost us this season,bad management first fault who ever suggested signing him,second fault not having anyone to challenge him Edited by yarddogs

Didn't think it deserved the first yellow of the game, wasnt exactly the worst challenge of the game.

23 should of been booked without a doubt

I think you are being harsh there.

I was impressed by them they out fought, out thought and out passed us today.

We are down to the bare bones of a team which is literally picking itself, the average age of the bench today was about 14.

i thought southampton werent impressive but did what they had to do to win at this level. i wouldnt say both sides were equal but we gifted them two goals. saying that, though, lambert could have had a hat-trick and they placed a sitter wide. if only we could have someone with the quality of lambert who did nothing wrong today

Sad to see the crowd getting on his back again after 1 mistake. Granted it was a bad one but for the last 5 games he hasnt conceded except scoring against himself.

thats my point the bloke should be full of confidence, he is obviously gaffe prone no matter how confident he is, and it looks like it wont be his last mistake

thing is though he is the only keeper we have at the mo, and he will be between the sticks next week

that is why we need either fleming or another keeper capable of pushing him for his place, to keep him on his toes

thats it isnt it, he is the only one we have, it wont be the last gaffe we see off Mr Brill