Worthington

Went straight to hospital

Martin Gray says they will find out how bad it is later on tonight or tomorrow morning

how bad did it look?

Think he landed awkwardly when jumping for the header so could be anything from twisted ankle, strained/snapped ligaments or broken ankle!

The fact that they didn't hang around getting the leg brace out and him on the strecher is not a good sign. He looked to be in a lot of pain and it could be that he's broke the bottom of his tibia (the big shin bone) (with a possible break of the other shin bone as well) with a twisting injury. My Dad said he looked very pale and clammy when he was being carted off (which is not a good thing). One good thing was that apparently there was no blood on the sock- which indicates it isn't a compund fracture.

The fact that they didn't hang around getting the leg brace out and him on the strecher is not a good sign. He looked to be in a lot of pain and it could be that he's broke the bottom of his tibia (the big shin bone) (with a possible break of the other shin bone as well) with a twisting injury. My Dad said he looked very pale and clammy when he was being carted off (which is not a good thing). One good thing was that apparently there was no blood on the sock- which indicates it isn't a compund fracture.

Cheers Doc.

E4e

WOWZA

Looked in significant discomfort. Seemed to brace his left leg rather quick from the shin down to his ankle. Definitely will be out for a while!

One of the stewards who carried him off with the rest when he came back said it did look a serious one, and there was some blood around the knee area.

How long at uni and you didn't add anything to what BlueGuru said

How long at uni and you didn't add anything to what BlueGuru said

Long enough and Yes I didn't add much to what Blue_Guru said (although If you read what I said properly I did) because it wasn't like I was able to run on to the pitch to see the exact details of his injury first hand and have a good old feel of his leg with 5341 people watching.

Didn't look good (physio was very quick to shout for the doctor/stretcher) and OS saying suspected broken femur. I really hope he hasn't, that's the kind of injury you'd associate with a traffic accident rather than a sports injury. I blame today's programme for asking him if he'd ever broken a bone: "I have had dozens of X-rays and thankfully I have not (touch wood) broken anything...yet." Jinx it why don't you.

Didn't look good (physio was very quick to shout for the doctor/stretcher) and OS saying suspected broken femur. I really hope he hasn't, that's the kind of injury you'd associate with a traffic accident rather than a sports injury. I blame today's programme for asking him if he'd ever broken a bone: "I have had dozens of X-rays and thankfully I have not (touch wood) broken anything...yet." Jinx it why don't you.

Oh dear a broken femur can actually be a life threatening injury (not in this case I don't think but you can loose a lot of blood into your thigh). How long is Worthy's contract? Because this could put him out until the start of the season- 2011/12. Any player requiring Gas n Air (although I didn't see that) is in a lot of pain as that is supposed to be some good stuff.

am i right i saying the femur is the top part of your leg? didnt look like that from were i was looked lower leg

yeah it's your thigh bone. it's the biggest bone in your body so it takes a lot of force to break it if you're young and healthy.

yeah it's your thigh bone. it's the biggest bone in your body so it takes a lot of force to break it if you're young and healthy.

thanks thought it was. cant see him of breaking that one as you said it takes a lot of force to break it an it just didnt seem a strong enough challenge to do that i may be completly wrong maybe there was a mix up between website and medical team? you can actualy bleed to death from a broken thigh bone

We have too many crocks..... half the team is injured and we will be lucky to survive this year.

One defeat does not condemn us to that fate.

If we had won, we'd have been in the pay off places, and everyone would have been dizzy with excitement.

And thinking we would be able to kick on when the injured players return

We know where the problems are, January will go a long way to deciding that, and the realists amongs us knew that DP could not create a team challenging for promo out of the squad he had to start with.

Even opposition managers are noticing out work rate and endeavour, and once we get a few players back.

In recent seasons the players coming in have really struggled, whereas this season ours have flourished up to now.

thanks thought it was. cant see him of breaking that one as you said it takes a lot of force to break it an it just didnt seem a strong enough challenge to do that i may be completly wrong maybe there was a mix up between website and medical team? you can actualy bleed to death from a broken thigh bone

They reckon he may have broken his fibula...

I jumped up for a header once, landed in a divot and fractured my ankle, few months out!

It was the week before Beckham did his metatarsel before the 2002 World Cup, and we had a similar recovery pattern. I wasn't fit for the World Cup though, and neither was he really!