We've lost a game! Get over it!

How fickle are some of you lot on here? We're a mid-table team, we'll win a few, draw a few and lose plenty.

Yes Brill dropped two major bollocks yesterday, but he's all we have at the moment and until DP sees fit to replace him we're stuck with him so get behind him. The effort was there yesterday and it may well have panned out similar to the Mongs game had the ref not been so lenient on Southampton's robust, physical approach. NO way were they two goals better than us and they were an awful team to play against. We're down to the bare bones so get behind what we have, give the sniping a rest and look forward to a difficult trip to Brighton and the home game v Hudds.

We're an average third division team, with average third division players and below average support in quality and quantity- time for a reality check.

Oh and there's a Keeper that's often hero worshipped on here but people have short memories as I remember him getting dog's abuse for the the numerous dropped bollocks and clangers he made - but lucky for him his striker's often got him out of jail - one performance ensured cult status, his name.....Andy Rhodes.

How fickle are some of you lot on here? We're a mid-table team, we'll win a few, draw a few and lose plenty.

Yes Brill dropped two major bollocks yesterday, but he's all we have at the moment and until DP sees fit to replace him we're stuck with him so get behind him. The effort was there yesterday and it may well have panned out similar to the Mongs game had the ref not been so lenient on Southampton's robust, physical approach. NO way were they two goals better than us and they were an awful team to play against. We're down to the bare bones so get behind what we have, give the sniping a rest and look forward to a difficult trip to Brighton and the home game v Hudds.

We're an average third division team, with average third division players and below average support in quality and quantity- time for a reality check.

Oh and there's a Keeper that's often hero worshipped on here but people have short memories as I remember him getting dog's abuse for the the numerous dropped bollocks and clangers he made - but lucky for him his striker's often got him out of jail - one performance ensured cult status, his name.....Andy Rhodes.

I don't agree with much of what you post but there's nothing wong with most of that one!

We played ok for much of the game, missing two first choice left side players, and then got disrupted by Worthington's injury. Just five points off the play offs.....still could be a very interesting season.

Andy Rhodes was a decent keeper and had a strong character.....This guy has already dropped more bol****s this season than I care to remember and ranks on a par with the infamous Jan Budtz!!!!

We have had a keeper problem for too long and it's about time it was sorted.......you can't have a successful defence with only one recognised keeper on the books...this guy can play bloody awful and still know that he'll be in next week and that can't be right!!!

100% agree

Andy Rhodes was a decent keeper and had a strong character.....This guy has already dropped more bol****s this season than I care to remember and ranks on a par with the infamous Jan Budtz!!!!

We have had a keeper problem for too long and it's about time it was sorted.......you can't have a successful defence with only one recognised keeper on the books...this guy can play bloody awful and still know that he'll be in next week and that can't be right!!!

Crap.

Any keeper will take time to settle in - which was very evident, and this was the first even remote hint of a mistake in 6 games. I agree that we need a second keeper, and hopefully flem will come back, but if you expect anything less than one goal being the fault of a keeper in 6 games at this level, well, you are just talking jibberish.

As for the OP... Just let it go Prozac... otherwise it will send you back to the sickbed. Theres going to be a lot of short-sighted people on this board all season unfotunately... normally they are the same people wetting themselves when we get within 3 points of the playoffs, and then saying proclamations of doom when we lose to possibly the best team in the league and got to 5 behind...

Its all gravy this season... just let the muppets have their chorus....

Crap.

Any keeper will take time to settle in - which was very evident, and this was the first even remote hint of a mistake in 6 games. I agree that we need a second keeper, and hopefully flem will come back, but if you expect anything less than one goal being the fault of a keeper in 6 games at this level, well, you are just talking jibberish.

As for the OP... Just let it go Prozac... otherwise it will send you back to the sickbed. Theres going to be a lot of short-sighted people on this board all season unfotunately... normally they are the same people wetting themselves when we get within 3 points of the playoffs, and then saying proclamations of doom when we lose to possibly the best team in the league and got to 5 behind...

Its all gravy this season... just let the muppets have their chorus....

Granted, but they're not just little mistakes though are they? It's basic schoolboy errors and not just a couple.

Crap.

How is it crap?

(i) Andy Rhodes was a good keeper, hence why a few dodgy games didn't bring him down. This guy hardly had a glowing reference from a non-league side when he joined us, a bunch that had seen him play for years.

(ii) He has made more than enough cock-ups to cover a season. He might not be as bad as Budtz, but on current form he's challenging.

(iii) I guess the keeper one for too long is up for debate. I didn't like Crossley, but he never really let the side down. But other than that? Lee Grant, and then pretty much nobody that decent until Rachubka?

(iv) Brill could turn around and kick twenty goals into his own net and still make the side the next week. It's pathetic.

How is it crap?

(i) Andy Rhodes was a good keeper, hence why a few dodgy games didn't bring him down. This guy hardly had a glowing reference from a non-league side when he joined us, a bunch that had seen him play for years.

(ii) He has made more than enough cock-ups to cover a season. He might not be as bad as Budtz, but on current form he's challenging.

(iii) I guess the keeper one for too long is up for debate. I didn't like Crossley, but he never really let the side down. But other than that? Lee Grant, and then pretty much nobody that decent until Rachubka?

(iv) Brill could turn around and kick twenty goals into his own net and still make the side the next week. It's pathetic.

My point is that I have seen a hell of a lot of Lower division keepers over thas last billion years that we have been in this division. Now, I only see opposition keepers generally for one week only, other than the worldbeaters we have, and 90% of the time I walk out of the ground thinking that with a bit of training, I could be better than them.

The goalkeeping at this level is undoubtedly awful, I dont hink Brill is any better or worse than anyone in this league. The difference is that on the better teams they dont get exposed as much, Simple. Both Rachubka and Grant were too better than this league, and are both playing higher now.

The second keeper issue is up for debate. However no team at this level can affort two decent keepers. Now, I like flem, and hope he returns - but can you say his keeping is flawless?

Saying you wnat a perfect keeper at this level is utterly pointless and stupid. Its down to the rest of the players on the team to stop them looking that crap.

I wonder how the game would have panned out if parker had put that early chance in? I thought for the opening 10-15 mins we set off pretty well and their opener came against the run of play somewhat.

I think what yesterday did show though is that we have no adequate cover for taylor on the left, it was crying out for us to stretch them.

I wonder how the game would have panned out if parker had put that early chance in? I thought for the opening 10-15 mins we set off pretty well and their opener came against the run of play somewhat.

I think what yesterday did show though is that we have no adequate cover for taylor on the left, it was crying out for us to stretch them.

To be honest, I thought we were well beaten by a much physically stronger team. Not a great one on the deck, as they looked worried on the few occasions we got it down and passed it well, but you could see they were a class above our patched up wreck of a side.

You know, we were up against a side which boasted a £1m striker who bags for fun at this level, the best centre back pairing in Division 3 and the rest of which probably double and triple the wages we play. Had they been more clinical we'd have been 4 down at HT and probably finished about 1-6 given the open goal they missed second half too.

Thought he got the sub wrong. Lee was hopelessly out of his depth at full back, and Colbeck is about as much use tracking back as Chaddy the Owl would be. For me should have been Black on and switched Lomax to right back. We'd have been more balanced, and not with a glaring weak link on one side. Ahh well, swings and roundabouts.

We're clearly a different side with Taylor, Smalley and possibly Purdie to return. The focus must be getting them all fit and available ASAP, for sure.

when was the lasted a goalkeeper gifted us a goal?

I reckon the standard of GK in our league is pretty good...none of them special (hence in league 1) but steady and solid. When your struggling for goals, you can't afford to gift goals away and we gave 3 away today...

Lee was hopelessly out of his depth at full back

I thought we played three at the back in the second half, Lomax, Grean and Hazell (Furman in front of them) with Lee in midfield.

I'm not saying he stood out there, but he wasn't at right back.

(If he was playing right back then his positional play was shocking!).

Edited by opinions4u

I thought we played three at the back in the second half with Lee in midfield.

No, Lee was definitely playing full back from what I could see. Maybe he played more wing back in the second half but he was still well off the pace.

Probably explains why we got blitzed on the right hand side, because Lomax was playing as an orthodox full back, for sure.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

i think most of us realise we are a mid table team, and most of us realise we will lose plenty this season.

what people are finding hard to take is the manner of the defeat yesterday (Mr Brill)

as i have said in other threads he is gaffe prone whether he is full of confidence or low on confidence, which is worrying

it makes me laugh how some people think he still needs time to settle, the bloke has had over 13 games, the other players seem to be doing ok

like you say though we have no choice but to get behind the bloke, its baffling how a gaffe prone keeper isnt replaced by bringing someone new in

what people are finding hard to take is the manner of the defeat yesterday (Mr Brill)

I don't think Brill's good enough. But he's what we've got.

While he didn't cover himself with glory on their first goal, the trajectory of the corner was excellent, the marking at the back post pathetic. Not just Brill at fault there. I wouldn't begin to defend him on the second though.

And :censored: will hold his hands up on the third - gifted them the decisive goal at a point in time wher we could have got an equaliser.

I haven't agreed with much prozac has posted this season but he's bang on the money.

True-'We've Lost a Game, Get Over It,' seems set to replace the vile 'Keep the Faith,' as the club's unofficial motto.

The only challenger I can think of is 'We've Always had Low Crowds 'cos We've always been Crap.'

Oh happy days.

True-'We've Lost a Game, Get Over It,' seems set to replace the vile 'Keep the Faith,' as the club's unofficial motto.

The only challenger I can think of is 'We've Always had Low Crowds 'cos We've always been Crap.'

Oh happy days.

What are your thoughts on why we have low crowds Corp?

Oh happy days.

I'd rather any of that than "a 12,000 Stadium lacks ambition/destines us as a lower league club forever".

QUOTE (Corporal_Jones @ Oct 18 2009, 14:02 PM)

I think you know. But in any case, I refer you to several dozen other threads over the past couple of years.

Only several dozen?

:shock:

Newsflash

Corps reveals he does not work in accountancy, or is Chris Hamilton

Edited by singe