home end

here's a poll because I don't know any other club that moves home fans to accomodate the away fans! On the big games (namely huddersfield and leeds or any other team likely to bring more than 1200) Why Don't we put the away fans in the chaddy end? surely this makes more sense? itl help the athmosphere, stop away fans carry on drinking, and give the home fans the best facilities as should be.

The chaddy end holds around 3600 if i'm right which is more than enough for any team in this league!

Imo it's time to forget the tradition and slowly intergrate all the latics fans as 1! We'll b leaving the ground soon hopefully so make the rocky the home end for a while!

I might be wrong here but in the play offs against blackpool did we give them the full rocky road end?

However, even though they had extra seats at their place they chose to give us the smallest amount possible.

I remember their manager saying they wanted as big as advantage as possible.

Made sense to me.

here's a poll because I don't know any other club that moves home fans to accomodate the away fans! On the big games (namely huddersfield and leeds or any other team likely to bring more than 1200) Why Don't we put the away fans in the chaddy end? surely this makes more sense? itl help the athmosphere, stop away fans carry on drinking, and give the home fans the best facilities as should be.

The chaddy end holds around 3600 if i'm right which is more than enough for any team in this league!

Imo it's time to forget the tradition and slowly intergrate all the latics fans as 1! We'll b leaving the ground soon hopefully so make the rocky the home end for a while!

Where?

Singe, SINGE, SINGE.

Edited by Hometownclub

It's been make clear by the authorities / club for years ... all to do with the lay-out of BP / transport links / buffer zones etc

thats rubbish, the set out- would totally suit the old bill. coaches behind the chaddy, easy to police, and use one exit out. you would hardly come across a visiting fan. the majority of home fans, walk up sheetfoot lane, before and after! sounds sensible [totally.]

It's been make clear by the authorities / club for years ... all to do with the lay-out of BP / transport links / buffer zones etc

think that may have been the case in the past,but now the clayton arms is gone and the broadway stand i dont think it holds water anymore that argument.

they could still bring away fans in via broadway but funnel them to the chaddy now theres nothing behind it anymore.

this is what should of happened a couple of seasons ago,but there is no reason why it cant happen now,end of game keep fans behind 15 mins and send them out of broadway exit only,leaving the home fans the best stand facilities wise....think if the stadium doesnt move forward quickly they really should look into this for next couple of years

I see what your saying but with the broadway stand gone the away fans could have turnstiles & exits away from the home fans. This could also mean the coaches already waiting outside.

They could also corden off the nearest section to the main stand to stop conflict etc.

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

I see what your saying but with the broadway stand gone the away fans could have turnstiles & exits away from the home fans. This could also mean the coaches already waiting outside.

They could also corden off the nearest section to the main stand to stop conflict etc.

they're about 18 yards apart already

Or we could leave it as it is and if your not happy about moving buy a ticket in the Chaddy or Mainstand?

People go on about the Rocky being great but in all honesty the only thing thats better is it has no stantions obstructing the view. The beer in their is c*** and the leg room is even worse. And about being able to put the coaches behind the Chaddy for away fans well it will be a building site soon so thats out of the question.

they're about 18 yards apart already

Or we could leave it as it is and if your not happy about moving buy a ticket in the Chaddy or Mainstand?

People go on about the Rocky being great but in all honesty the only thing thats better is it has no stantions obstructing the view. The beer in their is c*** and the leg room is even worse. And about being able to put the coaches behind the Chaddy for away fans well it will be a building site soon so thats out of the question.

I was only adressing the issues that Mark was saying. Personally i sit in the Rocky and its just one of those things (even though i'm not happy about it) were going to have to move once in a while

Moving On & Up .. :mainstand:

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

The RRE is comfortably the most dull stand anyway. I'd rather go and sit on the demolition site where the Lookers was...

When was the last time you went to a game ? You need to have a sit down in the Chaddy for 90 mins squirecat.....

I sat in the Chaddy for many years. More recently I sat in the Main Stand for a few years. The last few home games I've been to have been in the RRE. I just don't see the appeal.

It's all personal opinion, innit. I don't expect everyone/anyone to agree with me.

I sat in the Chaddy for many years. More recently I sat in the Main Stand for a few years. The last few home games I've been to have been in the RRE. I just don't see the appeal.

It's all personal opinion, innit. I don't expect everyone/anyone to agree with me.

Fair enough - my opinion is, the Chaddy End must be one of the worst stands in the football league. There is never any natural light, if you sit towards the back of the stand the roof prevents you seeing any higher than the scoreboard, the seating arrangements make it crap for any atmosphere, the facilities are piss poor...... infact it would make a great away stand! :grin:

There is never any natural light, if you sit towards the back of the stand the roof prevents you seeing any higher than the scoreboard,

I agree with the facilities, but isn't that a running theme throughout the whole OAFC operation? I mean look at the club shop yesterday....

s4qejp.jpg

As for the light and the height of the stand, it doesn't matter much to me. I think it makes it more cosy. :wub:

Probably one of the last times somebody scored at the chaddy end! :grin:

Rummy has 3 kids, and was in the back row of the Lookers at the end. Anyone else reckon hw was creuelly thwarted in a, "round the house," attempt by our plans?

If nobody agrees with you, where do they sit? :unsure:

Pedantry available at intermittent intervals throughout the night :OASISscarf: