FA Cup Draw - At home to Leeds

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will feel like an old-school cup-tie this!

8-9000, no season ticket entry of course, so gate money will be roughly £15 x 8500 = £127500. Leeds will get half of that due to Cup rules, but still a nice unexpected £65000. :)

Without doubt, this will be a full house. We'll give the dirties the whole RRE, and fill the rest ourselves.

I haven't looked forward to a game this much since Everton.

Hail from Brizzle apparently...

Its in the middle of sodding nowhere. On the way to the metropolis that is Shepton mallet

Didnt even know they were in it... another one that got away.

Leeds. Hope its on TV or on the sunday. I'm actiually ok with it. As has been said, could have been worse. Not carlisle away at least.

Mmm, interesting. Surely since the all mighty GMP insist we play Leeds mid-week for the League as apparently they can't police it otherwise this game will be moved to a mid-week slot somehow. If not then the GMP are a bunch of hypocritical :censored: and we should insist that we play Leeds in the League at home on a Saturday.

Be a good money-spinner though and not to jinx it don't Leeds have a naff record in the FA cup since they've had to play in the first round.

How is this rubbish?

We get :censored:loads of money and have the opportunity to knock out one of our most hated teams. It's nigh on perfect (if we win).

It's not the massive money spinner you would think, we only get a third of any profits from the tie (unless it does make TV of course), and I always prefer us to play someone we wouldn't normally see. Leeds must be one of the teams I've seen us play the most over the years,

What are the odds this will be on the Friday night? Or a weekday night match in general?

I work 'til 10pm Mon-Fri.

Now, I can pull a sicky for either this or the league game, but if this is on at the weekend I can go to both. If it comes to it I'll miss the league game.

I don't think Friday night would be seen as a good idea, Monday on the other hand I'm hoping not as I don't get out of lectures until 7pm (though I guess I'll play skippy if it was)

It's not the massive money spinner you would think, we only get a third of any profits from the tie (unless it does make TV of course), and I always prefer us to play someone we wouldn't normally see. Leeds must be one of the teams I've seen us play the most over the years,

To be precise, 45% to us, 45% to Leeds, 10% to the FA.

I don't think Friday night would be seen as a good idea, Monday on the other hand I'm hoping not as I don't get out of lectures until 7pm (though I guess I'll play skippy if it was)

12'oclock on the Saturday i will guess on

Rubbish draw this we'll play them twice anyway........ A local away would have been good and even better a non-league local away.

Its a great draw , could have got Gillingham away , lost and cleared £3k after expenses .

Win a replay at Elland road will do nicely !!!!