WTF? Latics Leeds live on 'tinternet?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit gutted its not on main tv, though i suppose anything is a bonus as it gets the club money and it wont matter to me as il be at the game. Yet my only fear is that they seem to think that internet streaming is the way forward now! dont get me wrong, some time in the future maybe when everyone has a super fast internet stream and is able to link it up to a tv, just i dont think its viable at the mo. How did the england game go for people that bought it? many problems?

Bit gutted its not on main tv, though i suppose anything is a bonus as it gets the club money and it wont matter to me as il be at the game. Yet my only fear is that they seem to think that internet streaming is the way forward now! dont get me wrong, some time in the future maybe when everyone has a super fast internet stream and is able to link it up to a tv, just i dont think its viable at the mo. How did the england game go for people that bought it? many problems?

It seemed alright at that pub at Charlton, but I'm not sure if that was the Interweb of some foreign TV. Bobbed off to watch the Grand Final in London before too long anyway.

I'd rather it was on The Interweb than the telly as this will get more arses down Boundary park for the game.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

I hope that we are getting decent money for this because policing costs will be crazy.

Who's paying for this game? Surely the FA are not handing out TV money when they are getting no revenue in for the streaming.

67,000 to each club

My case goes to show why this is a bit bobbins. Won't be at the game, have a long-planned heavy birthday drinking session in York, if if was on TV I could kick and scream and insist we watched it in the pub, but I can't see my mates agreeing to sit in a web cafe from 5 till 7 on SAturday evening

I hope that we are getting decent money for this because policing costs will be crazy.

Who's paying for this game? Surely the FA are not handing out TV money when they are getting no revenue in for the streaming.

The FA will get revenue from this game- for a start they get ALL the benefits of having the game on their website, someone scores a cracker they have the rights to show it on the news and the like, do you think they will have much going on at half-time or will it just be a series of adverts- my money is on the second one, same for some of the pre and after game stuff.

When it comes to negotiating who is your money on the combined talents of Alan Hardy and Papa Smurf or someone not at the top of the FA- this was always going to be highly featured and if the FA want they can still sell the rights to broadcast the game if someone wants it.

My case goes to show why this is a bit bobbins. Won't be at the game, have a long-planned heavy birthday drinking session in York, if if was on TV I could kick and scream and insist we watched it in the pub, but I can't see my mates agreeing to sit in a web cafe from 5 till 7 on SAturday evening

You are selling it wrong.

Say you know somewhere where there is free drink for two hours, and get the cans in.

As mentioned, at Charlton there was the England game on despite it being completely not allowed. I'd investigate if there is anywhere showing it up there, as there are a fair few Leeds fans up that way.

Say you know somewhere where there is free drink for two hours, and get the cans in.

As mentioned, at Charlton there was the England game on despite it being completely not allowed. I'd investigate if there is anywhere showing it up there, as there are a fair few Leeds fans up that way.

Yep can see Leeds being quite popular with some of the foreign channels as I'd imagine what with them being a former massive club they might have a few ex-pat fans. Plus it is the FA cup- the best cup comptetion in the world and quite popular around the world.

Yes, it had just dawned on me that I will be surrounded by hundreds of Leeds fans. At first I saw this as an unalloyed good thing, on reflection I'm not so sure.

Best of both worlds for me. We get the extra cash but most people who were 50/50 are more likely to go to the match than risk a rubbish internet feed. I'll now be attending, would probably have watched it on the box but won't be wasting my time with the internet.

Best of both worlds for me. We get the extra cash but most people who were 50/50 are more likely to go to the match than risk a rubbish internet feed. I'll now be attending, would probably have watched it on the box but won't be wasting my time with the internet.

Did Latics not appear in the first floodlit FA Cup game on the telly?

I know we appeared in the first FA Cup tie on a Sunday v Cambridge was it in '74? Drew 2-2?

Yep, I remember that... and we will get World Wide exposure on this one. Perhaps our shirts can be emblazoned with a Global brand name... leave it to our marketing Department... they are sure to get it done....