Small Section

As much as the traditionalists don't like it, we should stick away fans in the Chaddy, it died years ago, we're just clinging onto old memories now. But no let's have the away fans in the stand with the best facilities and best view and best acoustics and the posibility to actually outnumber us on our own ground.........

As much as the traditionalists don't like it, we should stick away fans in the Chaddy, it died years ago, we're just clinging onto old memories now. But no let's have the away fans in the stand with the best facilities and best view and best acoustics and the posibility to actually outnumber us on our own ground.........

The RRE is for those who like sun in their eyes, rain in their faces and ISZ's bitterly cold wind up their jacksies. Each to their own!

Of course we're clinging onto memories - that's what being a Latics fan is all about. :chubb:

If BP was the future then I'd support the idea.

It isn't though, so I don't see any point in putting more fans through the upset of changing stand and alienating people further ahead of a move to Failsworth.

If BP was the future then I'd support the idea.

It isn't though, so I don't see any point in putting more fans through the upset of changing stand and alienating people further ahead of a move to Failsworth.

As much as I've always supported the change of home ends, the layout of the RRE gives us the club more options when it comes to housing away fans and allows Latics fans to occupy all 3 sides (!) of the ground. Not that there's that many of us these days of course.....

The RRE is for those who like sun in their eyes, rain in their faces and ISZ's bitterly cold wind up their jacksies. Each to their own!

Of course we're clinging onto memories - that's what being a Latics fan is all about. :chubb:

rubbish, same old talk- sat in the rocky for 2 seasons now, no problem at all with the quotes above. never go back to the chaddy, its dead!

+1 :OASISscarf:

Apart from the sun. (For that one game a season)

Exactly, people just like to think up excuses for sticking with tradition. It's a far better stand all round, end of. They could easily segregate the Chaddy End into 2 as well if they had made the decision to make it the away stand earlier, 3 gates and you're laughing, easy. I do actually agree with O4U though that with a new ground on the horizon it may no longer be worth causing the fuss over

Disgusting RBL, we should be turning down the good money of the travelling Hudderfield fans, what with us being massive. We were in the Premiership you know!

Edit - If more home fans could be bother dragging their fat arses away from their Sky subscriptions, we would be having the debate about the rights and wrongs of giving away fans the whole of the RRE!

Well, if the money is more important than the match day experience of long term and loyal Latics fans, then that's all good Dan.

Guest sheridans_world
+1 :OASISscarf:

Apart from the sun. (For that one game a season)

And the wind.

And the rain.

I've had to sit in the RRE because of the club shutting the chaddy on occasion and I would never move to the RRE if the chaddy is open. Freezing cold, the wind whips in over what used to be the lookers... Brrr.

Well, if the money is more important than the match day experience of long term and loyal Latics fans, then that's all good Dan.

Latics fans dont fill their own stands. Why shouldnt the club cash in? - The Chaddy and the mainstand were not full today.

Meanwhile, in the REAL world.....

See above.

And the wind.

And the rain.

I've had to sit in the RRE because of the club shutting the chaddy on occasion and I would never move to the RRE if the chaddy is open. Freezing cold, the wind whips in over what used to be the lookers... Brrr.

Latics fans dont fill their own stands. Why shouldnt the club cash in? - The Chaddy and the mainstand were not full today.

See above.

Ask yourself what happened to all the fans we used to get. Perhaps they became disillusioned and decided to go and do something else instead. Why didn't we make history again and ask for the tie to be held at the Gayfarm, but with us taking the net gate receipts?

I listened to the game, and all you could hear were Huddersfield fans. Its a poor show and I am not surprised that our attendances are on a par with the lower end of our league and the higher end of L3 - coincidence? Dont think so.

Guest sheridans_world

I'd be content if the club gave the whole RRE to every visiting club. Only opening the small section for latics fans if there is demand for it, which there isnt at the moment. Would stop people who dont even attend matches moaning about it.

I'd be content if the club gave the whole RRE to every visiting club. Only opening the small section for latics fans if there is demand for it, which there isnt at the moment. Would stop people who dont even attend matches moaning about it.

OK S_W, let's keep the RRE away fans only in its entirety and you can have the drummer sit behind you- see how you like it for 23 home games a year. I like the option of the chaddy as it doesn't have a drummer, people who spend far far too long looking and gesticulating at the opposition despite not being out of 6th form and the absence of moaners from the main stand. It would also prove someone's point as it doesn't show that much ambition to go from 4 stands to 3 to 2 (especially when the likes of Brentford come and play us on a Saturday in late Jan when no one has any money- can see them bringing less than 100).

OK S_W, let's keep the RRE away fans only in its entirety and you can have the drummer sit behind you- see how you like it for 23 home games a year. I like the option of the chaddy as it doesn't have a drummer, people who spend far far too long looking and gesticulating at the opposition despite not being out of 6th form ...

Amen.

It's been quite nice this season being over 100 yards away from the 14 year old chavs in I block of the RRE. (And if you tend to spend your time at the match stood in I block baiting the away fans then I don't give a toss what your birth certificate says - as far as I'm concerned you are a 14 year old chav.)

As for the drummer, if he suddenly materialised behind us in the Chaddy we might well get to see what he sounds like with his drum over his head and his drumstick up his arse.

Yes I probably do sound like I belong in the Main Stand. To be honest that's where I'd be if our group didn't include juniors who get in the Chaddy cheaper. :wink:

Guest sheridans_world
OK S_W, let's keep the RRE away fans only in its entirety and you can have the drummer sit behind you- see how you like it for 23 home games a year. I like the option of the chaddy as it doesn't have a drummer, people who spend far far too long looking and gesticulating at the opposition despite not being out of 6th form and the absence of moaners from the main stand. It would also prove someone's point as it doesn't show that much ambition to go from 4 stands to 3 to 2 (especially when the likes of Brentford come and play us on a Saturday in late Jan when no one has any money- can see them bringing less than 100).

I agree. I had some mong behind me yesterday who I've never seen before yet spent the entire match ensuring that my ears were ringing with abuse aimed at:

Brill, Gregan, Hazell, Colbeck, Furman and Blackman. Oh add in Penney and the ref and his assistants too.

I'd be quite happy if he sat in the RRE for the rest of his life.

I was making a point. People like Rick moan very loudly about the club trying to make money, blaming the "match-day experience". There hasnt been a "match-day experience" since I started going! As I said above, the home fans dont even fill the two stands they are given. Shut the RRE and give the moaners one less thing to moan about.

I agree. I had some mong behind me yesterday who I've never seen before yet spent the entire match ensuring that my ears were ringing with abuse aimed at:

Brill, Gregan, Hazell, Colbeck, Furman and Blackman. Oh add in Penney and the ref and his assistants too.

I'd be quite happy if he sat in the RRE for the rest of his life.

I was making a point. People like Rick moan very loudly about the club trying to make money, blaming the "match-day experience". There hasnt been a "match-day experience" since I started going! As I said above, the home fans dont even fill the two stands they are given. Shut the RRE and give the moaners one less thing to moan about.

shut the RRE and have no singing at all, LIKE YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!

giv the chaddy end to away fans... simple

shut the RRE and have no singing at all, LIKE YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!

giv the chaddy end to away fans... simple

lets be honest here then shall we...if the chaddy had the same roof as the rre,how many people would sit in the rre then???? im guessing a lot less than at present.

the club had the chance when they took the roof off the chaddy when we went up..they didnt do it and went for the cheaper option again and kept the same old design,had they used some of the money from the cup runs etc etc then we may well have a chaddy end full of singers etc.

now the club wants to move....well if thats the case and its going to take at least another 2 maybe 3 years before it happens then i agree,the chaddy should be made into the away sectiion....