How hard would it be...

to sell match-tickets in Oldham town centre, through the little hut that sells the Chron facing TJ Hughes - no brainer and the Chron surely wouldn't be against it?

it wouldnt be hard at all,just prepare your self for a right roayl slap down though,when its been mentioned in the past whoever mentioned it got stick beyond belief.

to sell match-tickets in Oldham town centre, through the little hut that sells the Chron facing TJ Hughes - no brainer and the Chron surely wouldn't be against it?

You need your internet disconnecting for a week or 2.... :grin: this isn't doing your BP any good I realise your concern but putting it bluntly you are pissing in the wind, its as if the club couldn't give a flying fook. If Tom, Dick and Harry can spot what needs to be done then it only suggests to me that those behind the scene don't really give a monkeys about what is going on, suggestion after suggestion has been called for and even last week congratulations to those who put the ad in the chron/ advertiser, which ever it was, I mean this should be done every week and more besides, a big kick up the jacksy is in order for them and not before time IMO!!!!

It would have to cost effective though...

How much do the council charge to have a stall in town ? or how much does Spindals charge?

I don't think it is cheap...

Its already there, selling the Oldham Chron, just about fits in a few bundles on newspapers and the dude taking the money. Dead easy to sell tickets there on a Thursday and Friday afternoon. (Allocated blocks with Pre-reserved seats, so the club knows who is going where) Even if only 100-150 were sold mit would be worthwhile and i'm sure it wouldn't cost the club a bean. Only needs a phone-call and a bit of printer ink for the tickets, they could even rope the chron in to advertise.

not a plot Razza the box is portable and is on the street been there for donkey's...

No prozac if you want to sell anything on the street you have to ask permission from the council and pay all the associated fees... You tell them the area you want to work and they charge you accordingly...

There is defo a cost... How much I do not know...

EDIT: This may or may not be true but its what I think is true :P

Edited by oafc0000

but if the chron already pay for the booth why cant we jus give the guy already selling things the tickets to sell? wouldnt have to pay fees because there already being paid. give the chron a few bob and cant see em complainin

No doubt the Chron pay to be there Monday to Friday 4 while 6...

I think the suggestion prozac made is good by the way... It is sounding like I am doing it down... I am not, I just saying it has to be workable though...

if TTA are serious about putting more bums on seats then why not use our own booths?

instead of using the original Chron one?

christ it has come to something that we have to scrounge off the chron for use of there 3 foot box

why not have A FEW of our own scattered around the town centre?

why not have A FEW of our own scattered around the town centre?

Well hence my question... How much would that cost compared to how much it would raise... You have to pay for a pitch in town if you want to sell stuff...(i think)

Edited by oafc0000

Well hence my question... How much would that cost compared to how much it would raise... You have to pay for a pitch in town if you want to sell stuff...(i think)

i dont think its thats dear, the Chron are there from ruffly 11.30am till 6pm, selling papers at 45p each - they seem able to afford it

i dont think its thats dear, the Chron are there from ruffly 11.30am till 6pm, selling papers at 45p each - they seem able to afford it

It would be an excellent way to reach out to the town's uptapped reserves of 80 year old grannies and truanting children.