Failsworth Site Mockup

A bit crude I know but was playing with google maps in an earlier thread so thought I would have a play about with powerpoint the best I can (dont have photoshop unfortunately). All the maps I cut/paste from were exactly the same scale, and the stadium used in the example is doncasters keepmoat stadium, capacity of 15k. The site consists of the lancaster club (the listed building), two 3g pitches, two grass pitches and the 10 five a side pitches

Doncasters stadium also includes a gym and conferencing facilities in the stadium

picture4ht.png

© Google pictures

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like enough parking for 2 cars per person - should be ok with the councillors then!

I'd reckon there's room for more stuff - Cinema? Bowling? It would certainly be a good more for the council / latics to get that sort of thing in there.

Looks like enough parking for 2 cars per person - should be ok with the councillors then!

I'd reckon there's room for more stuff - Cinema? Bowling? It would certainly be a good more for the council / latics to get that sort of thing in there.

They initially said the model they were going off was shrewsbury and colchester re the fact it will be a community stadium.

All wrong imo, should have said doncaster. Keepmoat consists of conferencing facilities and gym on site, and has 8 five a side pitches, three seven a side pitches (which can be converted into a full size pitch) and third full size pitch.

Mirrors more closely what we are trying to do

Its not enough is my first reaction... The site should have more... A couple of football pitches isnt going to rake in enough I feel...

Some stuff I imagine, like conferencing facilities and a gym, they could build into the stadium like doncaster have

But agree with zero, just the pitches on their own dont think will be enough.

The mockup was mainly just to show how the sight might possibly be planned

Some stuff I imagine, like conferencing facilities and a gym, they could build into the stadium like doncaster have

But agree with zero, just the pitches on their own dont think will be enough.

The mockup was mainly just to show how the sight might possibly be planned

Yeah I was not having ago at your sterling work...

Gym, Hotel, Conferencing, Cinema, Amusements... Surely all viable ? I just hope the finally plans contain these things..

Gym, Hotel, Conferencing, Cinema, Amusements... Surely all viable ? I just hope the finally plans contain these things..

I wouldnt quite call it sterling lol but i know you wasnt

The stadium could easilly be designed to incorporate gym, hotel and conferencing facilities into the stands.

NExt question would be "will the profits go to Oldham Athletic (2004) AFC

Gym, Hotel, Conferencing, Cinema, Amusements units ... Surely all viable ? I just hope the finally plans contain these things..

agree, although the bold elements wouldnt get planning permission on the Bp site from what I have been told but WOULD at failsworth.

Fair enough the BP site didn't need them to be fair... It had enough for the land available...

The land isnt worth what it once was, it maybe again in the future but how long is that day ?

The Bp project would only work if the houses sold, buying a house at the moment isnt that easy to do either for the buyer or the developer.

you can only sell land for house once, commercial areas will make money for you almost everyday of the year

The land isnt worth what it once was, it maybe again in the future but how long is that day ?

The Bp project would only work if the houses sold, buying a house at the moment isnt that easy to do either for the buyer or the developer.

you can only sell land for house once, commercial areas will make money for you almost everyday of the year

ok... but what did I say to prompt this response ?

Fair enough the BP site didn't need them to be fair... It had enough for the land available...

ok... but what did I say to prompt this response ?

explaining that even with lots of land - it is only worth what people will pay for it with what you can build on it !

Well this has supprised me, having looked at the space myself I didn't think the site was big enough but it clearly is, with room to expand if the need be. Good post.

By the way What are the plans for the Lancaster club? Is it gonna be turned into a Club shop or Latics pub?

Edited by RoytonLatics

explaining that even with lots of land - it is only worth what people will pay for it with what you can build on it !

I think my point has got confused... I was trying to say offices, a gym, a hotel, conference facilities and a shead load of housing was pretty much as much as you could squeeze onto that site anyway...

I was not referring to raising capital...

if theres room there should be a cinema. there isnt one in the local area so will have no compitition would surely bring in a fair amount of revenue 7 days a week

It would make a killing and would win around all the mothers in the Failsworth area... Can send the kids off for the day :)