Failsworth Site Mockup

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really cant wait till the plans come out, just to cement it into place that our old owners (when its built) downscaled to make as much cash as possible

and i think it will look exactly like what Latic Fanatic has posted on here

and people are actually happy about it - beggars belief it really does

i really cant wait till the plans come out, just to cement it into place that our old owners (when its built) downscaled to make as much cash as possible

The two designs but forward are hardly eye swores to be fair... What style do you want ?

i and people are actually happy about it - beggars belief it really does

I think you'll find that lots of us are prepared to look at the facts of what is put forward rather than jump up and down on the basis of conjecture . Most of which appears to be itself based on nothing more than uninformed supposition.

Let's condemn without actual evidence seems to be the line some, however, are taking.

Edited by LaticsPete

Can you provide some details as to how exactly they are going to make lots of cash. BP site (fully cleared) is worth about £16m. At a massive push, £20m (on a good day to an oil rich arab who really wants to live there).

They've spent £6m buying the land from the council, £0.5m or so a season (x6), and should (this is my only assumption) be shelling out on a new ground. So, with £11m, left from the £20m they will never get or even £7m left from the £16m they probably will get, how will they end up doing anything other than walking away having spent money out of their own pockets?

And once again I ask you - tell us all exactly what you think the stadium should look like, rather than just moaning about every design anyone comes up with.

Edited by real

The two designs but forward are hardly eye swores to be fair... What style do you want ?

i dont want only 12000 seats!

apart from that it doesnt matter what it looks like

and i would want more money opportunities other than a few football pitches could muster

I think you'll find that lots of us are prepared to look at the facts of what is put forward rather than jump up and down on the basis of conjecture . Most of which appears to be itself based on nothing more than uninformed supposition.

Let's condemn without actual evidence seems to be the line some, however, are taking.

dont you mean take what you are given and have done with it?

Can you provide some details as to how exactly they are going to make lots of cash. BP site (fully cleared) is worth about £16m. At a massive push, £20m (on a good day to an oil rich arab who really wants to live there).

They've spent £6m buying the land from the council, £0.5m or so a season (x6), and should (this is my only assumption) be shelling out on a new ground. So, with £11m, left from the £20m they will never get or even £7m left from the £16m they probably will get, how will they end up doing anything other than walking away having spent money out of their own pockets?

And once again I ask you - tell us all exactly what you think the stadium should look like, rather than just moaning about every design anyone comes up with.

im going to go off the facts at the moment which is we are building a self sufficient 12000 stadium which means league 2

im not going to believe that post because you know nothing about the figures TTA are dealing with

and as regards to apparently i moan at every design yes i do!! give me an original 16000 and i will be happy

im going to go off the facts at the moment which is we are building a self sufficient 12000 stadium which means league 2

People do keep saying wait for the designs etc etc but creepy is right... TTA have stated what they plan to build and it would be strange to see a huge swing away from that.

i dont want only 12000 seats!

apart from that it doesnt matter what it looks like

and i would want more money opportunities other than a few football pitches could muster

Your point about money-making from non-football activities, with a view to the Club being viable regardless of all the empty seats, is the crucial one.

What it looks like will matter to the Planners, the Council, the people of Failsworth and some of those who will be attending regularly.

im not going to believe that post because you know nothing about the figures TTA are dealing with

and as regards to apparently i moan at every design yes i do!! give me an original 16000 and i will be happy

You apparently "know" that 12,000 seats means league 2, but you can confidently state that I "know" nothing about the figures?

Hmm. I think what you "think" you know and what you "think" I know is all a bit of a vague concept.

Tell me:-

1. How have you arrived at the conclusion that 12k means league 2, given that:-

a) OAFC gates have rarely exceeded 12,000 at League 1 or Championship level

b ) league 2 gates are hugely lower than 12k

2. How have you determined that my figures are unreliable. Please provide details of your sources and the basis of your costings.

I really don't mind a laugh, but you're saying I'm making things up in an area where there is a huge amount of public data on which to base my hypothesis, but at the same time you are making things up where your conclusion runs completely at odds with all the known data. Absolutely mindless stuff.

Edited by real

You apparently "know" that 12,000 seats means league 2, but you can confidently state that I "know" nothing about the figures?

Hmm. I think what you "think" you know and what you "think" I know is all a bit of a vague concept.

2. How have you determined that my figures are unreliable. Please provide details of your sources and the basis of your costings.

I really don't mind a laugh, but you're saying I'm making things up in an area where there is a huge amount of public data on which to base my hypothesis, but at the same time you are making things up where your conclusion runs completely at odds with all the known data. Absolutely mindless stuff.

a 12000 self sufficient club, run off a few rented out football pitches = league 2

by the tone of that post it seem to me you still havent recovered from the other month have you mate :wink:

The reason why a capacity of only 12000 means a permanent lower division existence is because the it indicates that the club is not aiming for anything better. It doesn't matter that we only averaged over 12000 in one season in the second tier before 1990. What matters is that when we we're flying high around that time we often had considerably more than that inside BP. If the club had any ambition left it would have a strategy to recreate those kind of times again. A 12000 limit on capacity indicates that no such ambition exists. The intention clearly seems to be survival at this level with anything else a bonus to be fleetingly enjoyed. And it won't be, because, as we know, thinking small only guarantees long-term decline and degeneration.

If we move we survive as a jokey little Mickey Mouse club with no respect in the wider game. If we don't we probably go under. Well done to all those whose sterling efforts over the years have brought the club to this sorry state.

a 12000 self sufficient club, run off a few rented out football pitches = league 2

by the tone of that post it seem to me you still havent recovered from the other month have you mate :wink:

Repeating things is n't putting a coherent agrument together.

12,oo x £18 is a lot more than we get now. Hopw does having more empty seats change things?

Repeating things is n't putting a coherent agrument together.

12,oo x £18 is a lot more than we get now. Hopw does having more empty seats change things?

its my opinion, do i have to alter my opinion to make a coherent argument?

it doesnt matter about 12000 x £18, we will still (hopefully) have 3500 guarnteed and not many more!

the difference now is we are being left with a league 2 self sufficient stadium, where before we where a much more attractive club, with the BP land

it doesnt matter about 12000 x £18, we will still (hopefully) have 3500 guarnteed and not many more!

the difference now is we are being left with a league 2 self sufficient stadium, where before we where a much more attractive club, with the BP land

Edited by bowl

An opinion that is not based on facts, logic or coherent argument is not worth anything. It's like saying that "my opinion is that 2 + 2 = 53" - ok, it's an opinion, but it's not much of one.

So, how will having 5000 (?) fans in a 12k stadium be worse than 5000 fans in a 16k stadium? Perhaps having the 16k will mean greater debt? Someone has to pay for the 4000 extra seats. :huh: