Did We Lose By Any Chance

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know... TTA said its a good enough budget for promotion... Outside of that I can not really comment...

I don't remember them saying it was a good enough budget for promotion, I remember them saying something like 'the budget will be competetive' but that's about it and that leaves a lot open to interpretation. WE have an outside chance of a play off place, but I don't thinkwe have a budget even in the top 10 in the League. If Penney gets us into the top 10 this season it will be an achievement especially with the awful injuries we've had so far. Nex season we can start to judge DP, but I doubt the budget will be great then either. We've blown our best chances for a few seasons in my opinion to get out of this league under Shez and RM, with big budgets and generally poor Leagues. We failed to capitalise on this, we have to hope DP can do it on a shoestring for the moment.

I don't remember them saying it was a good enough budget for promotion, I remember them saying something like 'the budget will be competetive' but that's about it and that leaves a lot open to interpretation.

Personally take "competitive" as meaning pushing for promotion...

Anything else I would consider purposely misleading...

Personally take "competitive" as meaning pushing for promotion...

Anything else I would consider purposely misleading...

I disagree. I would take it as meaning we have the ability to challenge with the rest of the play off hopefuls of which there are about 10. My assumption would be that it means we aren't going to be in a relegation fight and we should be hanging around the top half of the table ie. competing for a play off place with a number of others. I wouldn't take it as a promotion push at all, i'd expect stronger wording for that. You shouldn't expect the club to down play it's hopes for a new season, if we come out and say, 'we're hoping to finish midtable and have a budget to refelect that', a fair few wouldn't get ST's and the budget would be slashed further. They haven't mislead us, they've just put a spin on it, they aren't hoping for midtable, they're hoping with a reasonable budget (within the context of the division) we might be able to push for a play off place. A number of the teams that finish between 6th and as low as about 16th will have very similar budgets, so we are competetive within the division, we just need to make the most of what we have. Unfortunately signings like Colbeck and Parker (again i'll say I actually think he is ok, just not what we need) won't help us in that, but DP isn't the first to make the odd mistake when making signings, you'd need both hands to count how many "bad'uns" Shez signed just in a season.

That is agreeing mate... That is being competitive for promotion...

Not really. I took it from your post as you were taking 'competetive' as looking at challenging for the 'autos' and there is a massive difference between being outsiders for the play off places and being in the hunt for the top 2. Your post makes it sound like we were expecting to finish in the top 6, when in reality it is hoped, the difference is clear.

Not really. I took it from your post as you were taking 'competetive' as looking at challenging for the 'autos'

Never said autos... I said promotion... Your adding bits I never intended...

We seem to be in agreement...

Edited by oafc0000

Never said autos... I said promotion... Your adding bits I never intended...

We seem to be in agreement...

We do , but your original post in the context of what you posted previously seemed to point towards more than outside play off bets. It's only once you've clarified your position we are agreeing.

We do , but your original post in the context of what you posted previously seemed to point towards more than outside play off bets. It's only once you've clarified your position we are agreeing.

You read something and added bits and joined up dots... What you should of done is enquired further...

Its not my fault if you choose to add bits...

You read something and added bits and joined up dots... What you should of done is enquired further...

Its not my fault if you choose to add bits...

When you read something you get a feel for what the person is saying. Rather than everything needing to be stated out right, points can be made by inference. Key Stage 3 was a long time ago. It's not my fault if you can't grasp context or the concept of reading between the lines, or for that matter, make a point without going out of your way to patronise people you know nothing about.

When you read something you get a feel for what the person is saying. Rather than everything needing to be stated out right, points can be made by inference. Key Stage 3 was a long time ago. It's not my fault if you can't grasp context or the concept of reading between the lines, or for that matter, make a point without going out of your way to patronise people you know nothing about.

I can grasp the concept of reading between the line... I also realise it leads you to incorrect conclusions just like you did right here in this thread...

I said...

I might be wrong but I am sure at the start of the season the TTA said he had a competitive budget to push for promotion...

You turned it into... I might be wrong but I am sure at the start of the season the TTA said he had a competievit budget to push for AUTOMATIC promotion...

You added stuff which was way out... That is your failing, not mine....

I might be wrong but I am sure at the start of the season the TTA said he had a competievit budget to push for AUTOMATIC promotion...

I think they purely said competetive. Also, if you take isolated quotes, you don't get the full picture, from how the conversation went between yourself and other posters it was inferred that you believed competetive meant more than just outside play off hopefuls, which is what my point was when saying 'competetive' is quite a loose term.

I think they purely said competetive. Also, if you take isolated quotes, you don't get the full picture, from how the conversation went between yourself and other posters it was inferred that you believed competetive meant more than just outside play off hopefuls, which is what my point was when saying 'competetive' is quite a loose term.

OMG!!! You say it was obvious...I never said that!! ALL I did say was to PUSH for promotion...

WOW!!! Words cant describe you! :petesake: Your still saying it is clear what I meant even though I have pointed out just how wrong you are regarding my opinion....

Doom & Gloom! Cheer up, consentrate on the league now & its a nice £68,000 in our back pockets for it aswell.

On another note, The game today looking at it from the computer, it was empty in our end - anybody got the attendance? I also noticed Leeds didnt sell the small section. ( I wasnt in attendance for financial reasons, before you start slagging me off)

And finally ... Keep The :censored: Faith!

I would suggest those that attend games are keeping the faith more than those who don't.

YOU read it totally wrong... Your ability to read tone and context is clearly out...

For someone who can't be bothered ever going to any games, you have plenty to say on everything Latics, if you attended occasionally you might be able to make more informed and better qualified comments.