Bradford Fan Here In Peace.....

Hi all, How are Joe Colbeck and Dean Furman doing for you lot?

Do you think that the 60K you paid for Colbeck was fair or just a waste of money that could've been spent on something better?

Beginning to think you're right about Colbeck. Headless chicken springs quickly to mind. second touch often seems to be a tackle. I'd rather us have spent £60k + Colbeck's wages for a 1 or 2 year contract on someone better. Once we have more players back, think Colbeck's place is warming the bench in all honesty.

Jury's still out on Furman. I don't think the defensive holding position is the best one for him, and we're struggling for goals so personally would like to see him further up the pitch, but with Morrow (on loan from Blackburn, who's pretty good) in the team and Worthington out then he's playing the midfield anchor. He's been pretty steady, you can see he has quality, but perhaps a few of his talents are being wasted.

Do you think that the 60K you paid for Colbeck was fair or just a waste of money that could've been spent on something better?

Furman's ok. Don't think we've seen the best of him yet.

Colbeck on the other hand, I think we're going to sue your lot under the trades description act. There's no way he is a professional footballer.

Colbeck will one day play for England, you heard it off me first

bargain of the century - thanks Bradford

I know you won't give us our dosh back, but can you at least take him off our hands in January for nothing?

:lol: Unfortunately not a chance, they've stitched us up good and proper.

Best business they'll do this season.

Colbeck's woeful, Furman on the other hand has done well IMO and will get even better in the future.

Oh jesus christ I thought we only had Colbeck on loan. That one on one yesterday was embarrasing for gawds sake even if he had blasted it over the bar it would have been better than that. He had no need to take an extra touch he was less than 15 yards from goal not a defender in sight on his favourite foot if you don't back yourself to atleast take a shot on from there you should not be on a football pitch at any level. He is gash the only thing he can do is kick the ball infront of him and run after it. Get rid asoon as possible.

Edited by GlossopLatic

If u let colbeck go, i can see him at Bradford Park Ave, like all the other city rejects. On the other hand Furman will only get better, he ran his ar*e off at city and chipped in with a few goals. BTW us city fans and Macca are laughing their Bollo*ks off that u paid 60K especially now we have a replacement for the headless chicken by the name of Scott Neilson who was playing for a non league side last year

Good luck for rest of season.

Although I've seen absolutely nothing in Colbeck, he must have done something at Darlington for Penney to think he could do a job for us.

We were warned he was very much a confidence player. And our lot will no doubt have not done him any favours on that front. The only problem with that is he's been equally as :censored: away from home too.

Furman, I think has much potential. He's not really had the chance to show it too much, but I'm reasonably pleased to say he's stepping up a level.

Beginning to think you're right about Colbeck. Headless chicken springs quickly to mind. second touch often seems to be a tackle. I'd rather us have spent £60k + Colbeck's wages for a 1 or 2 year contract on someone better. Once we have more players back, think Colbeck's place is warming the bench in all honesty.

Jury's still out on Furman. I don't think the defensive holding position is the best one for him, and we're struggling for goals so personally would like to see him further up the pitch, but with Morrow (on loan from Blackburn, who's pretty good) in the team and Worthington out then he's playing the midfield anchor. He's been pretty steady, you can see he has quality, but perhaps a few of his talents are being wasted.

Well spotted Mr Shankly, if only the manager could see it.

:lol: :lol: Brilliant

Yeah, that amused me to!!!! You have to admit he is probably right though.....*

*though not about colbeck, he a big pile of steaming arse. I'm not going to dislike him though, he tries hard enough, he cant help he is crap at football and playing well above his level. Surely Rochdale/StalyVegas need a winger?

It's Colbeck's control (or lack of it!) that lets him down so badly...... he's just not a league 1 player IMO.

And too be honest I'm not convinced by Furman either, plenty of effort for sure but he's lacking in quality, he passing can be pretty awful. But he has time on his side and I'm hoping there's more to come from him.

It's Colbeck's control (or lack of it!) that lets him down so badly...... he's just not a league 1 player IMO.

And too be honest I'm not convinced by Furman either, plenty of effort for sure but he's lacking in quality, he passing can be pretty awful. But he has time on his side and I'm hoping there's more to come from him.

As Tommy Docherty once said: 'He can trap a ball further than I can kick it' - sort of sums up Colbeck at the moment :wink:

Should of invested the money in the pies! sold out off cheese & potato in main stand by half-time!

Should of invested the money in the pies! sold out off cheese & potato in main stand by half-time!

Sold out of all pies at half time actually I work for a multi national catering company that has a £14 billion pound turnover and has a presence in 80 different countries around the world if we offered such a poor service thats being offered at BP then heads would be being firmly banged together if not rolling.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I cant understand when TTA said here you go Dave 60k get us a player, how on earth Dave Penney arrived at Joe Coelbeck. Dean Furman isnt consistent enough, doesnt seem to want the ball deep yet doesnt go any further forward. Does get stuck in but Mark Allott did a better job than hes doing. If hes not a defensive mid though whys :censored: not playing there seen as :censored: is known to be a right back aswell. Surely hes more defensive.

Incase people were wondering I think Neil Kilkenny would have wanted roughly joe coelbecks wage plus the 60k we payed out, maybe a tad more. He would have got the promotion so many fickle Latics fans expect

Dean Furman isnt consistent enough, doesnt seem to want the ball deep yet doesnt go any further forward. Does get stuck in but Mark Allott did a better job than hes doing.

I haven't seen Furman do much wrong. Indeed, we have been much harder to break down with Furman in the side than we ever were with Allott. Would like to see the midfield threaten the opposition net more though. But Allott only banged in 3 or 4 last season.

Incase people were wondering I think Neil Kilkenny would have wanted roughly joe coelbecks wage plus the 60k we payed out, maybe a tad more. He would have got the promotion so many fickle Latics fans expect

Is that why when Kilkenny left we started moving up the table?

Is that why the "big" club Kilkenny moved to have so far failed to win that promotion despite declaring a profit that was probably double the turnover of a loss-making Latics and having playing resources that go far deeper than we have at BP?

I would guess that Kilkenny is on 4 times Colbeck's wage.

Edited by opinions4u

I haven't seen Furman do much wrong. Indeed, we have been much harder to break down with Furman in the side than we ever were with Allott. Would like to see the midfield threaten the opposition net more though. But Allott only banged in 3 or 4 last season.

Is that why when Kilkenny left we started moving up the table?

Is that why the "big" club Kilkenny moved to have so far failed to win that promotion despite declaring a profit that was probably double the turnover of a loss-making Latics and having playing resources that go far deeper than we have at BP?

I would guess that Kilkenny is on 4 times Colbeck's wage.

Kilkenny bossed the Midfield on Saturday evening....... he's a quality player that we can only dream of having until people get out of their armchairs and put money through the turnstiles.