Ferguson sacked!

That and some would say he's bloody overrated. He got a big spending Peterbrough promoted from League 2 to League 1 by having money, he got them promoted from our league to the championship by being bloody lucky with the signings he bought, a lack of injureis- (they'd would have been :censored: if Makail-Smith or Boyd got hurt) and still having more money to spend than a lot of teams in our division last year. I knew they would struggle this year- not because of him (well not solely on that basis) but because their goalie is one of the most rated players I've ever seen at this level- he was cack but got into an England squad/team, his defence whilst looking OK had some major flaws which were going to get find out and the likes of Makail Smith and the other striker, Macloed is it, were not going to get the 2/3 chances they needed to score in the championship. Oh and while yes you can buy promotion out of the Championship you need more money than Posh have to do it.

Ince was found out at a higher level, Fergie Jnr has been found out, it is not that hard to manage a team with their resources in the level they made their name, both could perhaps make it in the future but management of a bad team is hard and they both had bad teams.

No doubt he will be on the bench at OT before long unless some other mug decides he is worth his reputation.

EDIT Quick thought despite what has been said above how do we know he hasn't been sacked for something other than a performance related issue- its not like he hasn't got previous.

Edited by rudemedic

Just stretch your imagination to its maximum, and let's say we get promoted this season, via an unexpected purple patch, taking us into the Play-offs and getting 0-0 in both semi-finals and the final at Wembley, and winning on penalties. Then next season, we start with BP full and enough additional people moaning outside to fill a 16,000 capacity stadium. Then we're never out of the bottom three all season.

What do you think would be the consequences?

That and some would say he's bloody overrated. He got a big spending Peterbrough promoted from League 2 to League 1 by having money, he got them promoted from our league to the championship by being bloody lucky with the signings he bought, a lack of injureis- (they'd would have been :censored: if Makail-Smith or Boyd got hurt) and still having more money to spend than a lot of teams in our division last year. I knew they would struggle this year- not because of him (well not solely on that basis) but because their goalie is one of the most rated players I've ever seen at this level- he was cack but got into an England squad/team, his defence whilst looking OK had some major flaws which were going to get find out and the likes of Makail Smith and the other striker, Macloed is it, were not going to get the 2/3 chances they needed to score in the championship. Oh and while yes you can buy promotion out of the Championship you need more money than Posh have to do it.

Ince was found out at a higher level, Fergie Jnr has been found out, it is not that hard to manage a team with their resources in the level they made their name, both could perhaps make it in the future but management of a bad team is hard and they both had bad teams.

No doubt he will be on the bench at OT before long unless some other mug decides he is worth his reputation.

EDIT Quick thought despite what has been said above how do we know he hasn't been sacked for something other than a performance related issue- its not like he hasn't got previous.

thats just an unfair and completely wrong post

every team that wins promotion needs a bit of luck with injuries and suspensions

and lucky with the signngs he bought? maybe he can spot a good player?

it sounds like you have a hidden agenda because that post is tripe im afraid mate

Just stretch your imagination to its maximum, and let's say we get promoted this season, via an unexpected purple patch, taking us into the Play-offs and getting 0-0 in both semi-finals and the final at Wembley, and winning on penalties. Then next season, we start with BP full and enough additional people moaning outside to fill a 16,000 capacity stadium. Then we're never out of the bottom three all season.

What do you think would be the consequences?

Relegation.

That's gone madness! The world's gone mad! Another reason why I am so pissed off at the modern 'instant' game!

Exactly Paul, there are much more entertaining sports out there that are a lot more accessible these days - to either watch or compete in...

thats just an unfair and completely wrong post

every team that wins promotion needs a bit of luck with injuries and suspensions

and lucky with the signngs he bought? maybe he can spot a good player?

it sounds like you have a hidden agenda because that post is tripe im afraid mate

I'd agree with your first post but eventually his luck had to run out and that is when good managers make their money- put it this way if Posh had been as crippled with injuries as we have this year last year, they would have struggled to stay up IMHO. Yes, maybe he can spot a good player but he had the money to do so, who out of our current squad have we paid more than £100k for- Posh paid over double that for Makail-Smith. Everyone makes a big deal out of the fact he got players from non-league and got them to perform at this level but he still paid a fee greater than what we have paid recently they aren't going to be bad players if you have to pay that sort of cash for them, maybe they just needed the break that Posh and their money could provide.

I will admit I may have an agenda and that agenda is seeing people earn their reputation- it has always fascinated me why people think just because you were a good footballer you can be a good manager. It doesn't make sense to me and I don't think it ever will.

I'd agree with your first post but eventually his luck had to run out and that is when good managers make their money- put it this way if Posh had been as crippled with injuries as we have this year last year, they would have struggled to stay up IMHO. Yes, maybe he can spot a good player but he had the money to do so, who out of our current squad have we paid more than £100k for- Posh paid over double that for Makail-Smith. Everyone makes a big deal out of the fact he got players from non-league and got them to perform at this level but he still paid a fee greater than what we have paid recently they aren't going to be bad players if you have to pay that sort of cash for them, maybe they just needed the break that Posh and their money could provide.

I will admit I may have an agenda and that agenda is seeing people earn their reputation- it has always fascinated me why people think just because you were a good footballer you can be a good manager. It doesn't make sense to me and I don't think it ever will.

thats what i mean by clubs needing luck on the injury front

you cant blame Ferguson/Peterborough for having a bit of money and spending it very wisely can you?

i dont understand how you can slag a manager/team off who have done it the way only we can dream of - it sounds a bit like sower grapes

everybody knows a crap player means you will be a good manager - Darren Ferguson was no world beater

pathetic sacking IMO - one of the worst ive seen for many a year

thats what i mean by clubs needing luck on the injury front

you cant blame Ferguson/Peterborough for having a bit of money and spending it very wisely can you?

i dont understand how you can slag a manager/team off who have done it the way only we can dream of - it sounds a bit like sower grapes

everybody knows a crap player means you will be a good manager - Darren Ferguson was no world beater

pathetic sacking IMO - one of the worst ive seen for many a year

I can't blame Peterbrough for doing what they have done, to be fair I can't blame Ferguson for it either but just because I can't blame him doesn't mean to say I have to give him credit. He got them promoted twice but what I'm saying is a lot of people could have got Peterbrough promoted twice the skill is keeping them at that level. Some managers could do that I reckon, Posh have realised this, and have worked out that you need a different skilled manager to keep a team up as opposed to getting them promoted and have made the most logical decision to achieve that. He might not be a world beater but he has a Premiership medal, an European cup winner's cup medal and a few caps- not exactly a mug.

I can't blame Peterbrough for doing what they have done, to be fair I can't blame Ferguson for it either but just because I can't blame him doesn't mean to say I have to give him credit. He got them promoted twice but what I'm saying is a lot of people could have got Peterbrough promoted twice the skill is keeping them at that level. Some managers could do that I reckon, Posh have realised this, and have worked out that you need a different skilled manager to keep a team up as opposed to getting them promoted and have made the most logical decision to achieve that. He might not be a world beater but he has a Premiership medal, an European cup winner's cup medal and a few caps- not exactly a mug.

yeah thats fair enough

i just think some chairmen punch above there teams weight when getting rid of managers, Phil Brown is a prime example, Hull are a botton 3 side he has kept them up once (quite impressivly) and now they are where they deserve to be, they think he should be sacked - its just madness

the same as Peterborough, he should be given untill the end of the season, if he keeps them up then its all good, if they go down then its time for someone else

you never know he might end up at latics in 2 years :grin:

Not surprised. Was talking to a Posh fan on the train back from the game at London Rd last year and he said a lot of their fans (including himself) were still undecided on him, despite being on course for successive promotions. With the budget they had a lot felt their success wasn't much of a surprise regardless of their manager and the true test would be how they'd do if and when they got promotion.

Strange decision to lots, except those at London Road. Perhaps in the same vein that other fans seemed stunned when Shez was sacked last season...many at BP wanted him out and even those who didn't (myself included) weren't surprised he'd gone.

SS news are also saying it is to be confirmed later as well - but that'll do for me! :wink:

IT didn't say he had been sacked though?Unconditional support of the Chairman etc.

On a sidenote, Barry Fry continues to be one of the most repulsive individuals on the planet.