What date was the Lookers knocked down ?

I have heard delays are inevitable in the Construction industry, and on projects are large as ours in particular. :wink:

Bound to happen though isn't it when you start executing none recession proof plans with a recession around the corner...

Edited by oafc0000

Does anyone know if there was a thread on here about the time demolition took place that flagged up worries about a recession, impact on development of BP, and questioning wisdom of demolition?

Genuine question.

Do not think there was... I think people questioned the logic of knocking down before securing finance etc...

Use the search facility ?

Given revenue streams are down this season how wise was it it to close the Clayton way ahead of schedule? Also as this had a knock on effect of the lower crowds from a now no social aspect? I'll accept I've hijacked the original thread but it did topple along with the Lookers.

Given revenue streams are down this season how wise was it it to close the Clayton way ahead of schedule?

J. W. Lees removed all fixtures and fittings, including the kitchen sink, making it too expensive for a Licensee to take over and recoup the necessary expendirure within the estimated redevelopment timescale at that time.

With hindsight it was unwise.

Bound to happen though isn't it when you start executing none recession proof plans with a recession around the corner...

To be fair, I think the recession was in full swing at that point, I'd say the feeling in the country was getting worse.

That is a fair criticism of the TTA, and being honest one I had forgotten about.

To be fair, I think the recession was in full swing at that point, I'd say the feeling in the country was getting worse.

That is a fair criticism of the TTA, and being honest one I had forgotten about.

It's enough to make you wonder if there was ever really any serious intention to redevelop BP. Could it be that a reduced cost Plan B had been quietly drawn up after the council rejected the BP plan (despite the following week's march and subsequent fanfares, and despite the bizarre talk about sharing a new stadium with a mystery local club), and quietly held in reserve while the big picture was studied?

Edited by Corporal_Jones