rangers and celtic in the english premier league (pt28)

I wouldn't have a problem if they start at the lowest level but if they are fast tracked then that is bang out of order and would be mightly p*ssed off if they sre put in a higher division than us because there 'big clubs'

Oh and LL do you not think Celtic would be able to compete in the prem? :tongue1:

Recent results against Premiership teams suggest they could :shakeit:

Not the current team TBH, would be struggling Premiership or upper Championship - such is the financial state of Scottish football at the moment. Under St Martin Celtic were in the top 20 clubs in the world in terms of income despite the lack of worthwhile TV money, due to the massive gates and worldwide merchandising, but the growth of TV money in England has dwarfed even that. With Sky type TV money and the increase in worldwide exposure Celtic would be vast, half the world wants to be Irish and half the world is looking for a reason to latch onto an EPL team...

Rangers and Celtic would be massive in the PL ...eventually. But are they really wanting to forfit European football for a good few years to come in? If they did both come straight into the PL I could see both of them really struggling and it would not suprise me one bit if they were relagated, and where would that leave them then?

Rangers and Celtic would be massive in the PL ...eventually. But are they really wanting to forfit European football for a good few years to come in? If they did both come straight into the PL I could see both of them really struggling and it would not suprise me one bit if they were relagated, and where would that leave them then?

Celtic would piss it into the top 10 financially in the "EPL" with or without European football. Rangers might struggle more but would do OK I think (and regret, obviously)

Rangers are bigger than Celtic. :grin:

SOURCE : http://www.roymorgan.com/news/press-releases/2006/490/

Two factors which you are missing out on:

Global popularity is more important than popularity in the UK in determining the income of "EPL" clubs. Generations of nodder-dodging and convincing foreign nations that leprechauns are real leaves Celtic clearly ahead in this regard

And secondly, when the author of this report asked Rangers fans to put their hands up, he probably counted their horns as well.

Rangers are bigger than Celtic. :grin:

SOURCE : http://www.roymorgan.com/news/press-releases/2006/490/

And are the only team to have won 50 or more league titles! To be honest there is very little in terms of size between the 2 clubs and certainly are bigger than the likes of Villa, Spurs and Everton who they would be competing with for the Europa league. But unfortunatly for them that counts for nothing as Leeds and Newcastle prove.

And are the only team to have won 50 or more league titles! To be honest there is very little in terms of size between the 2 clubs and certainly are bigger than the likes of Villa, Spurs and Everton who they would be competing with for the Europa league. But unfortunatly for them that counts for nothing as Leeds and Newcastle prove.

You have the inspirational qualities of a Latics marketing man :wink: . Celtic with EPL exposure would rake it in all over the world - Think New York and Boston for starters but all over the States, Australia and numerous random Far Eastern fans as well. I don't deny that Rangers would also make similar gains in downtown Belgrade and other comparable areas.

Every true Irishman I've ever met either has complete indifference to Celtic and their plastic IRAoke that infests their club from top to bottom or detests them. Most Irish support United or Liverpool. As for America - post 9/11, times have changed, the appeal of Semtex FC has waned somewhat, since the United States has felt the cruel hand of terrorism for themselves.

Edited by slurms mckenzie

Every true Irishman I've ever met either has complete indifference to Celtic and their plastic IRAoke that infests their club from top to bottom or detests them. Most Irish support United or Liverpool. As for America - post 9/11, times have changed, the appeal of Semtex FC has waned somewhat, since the United States has felt the cruel hand of terrorism for themselves.

Can't we have Miss Boyle back on your signiture? I was starting to find her quite attractive in her green and white.