Had an awful premonition tonight

How much did the Regional Athletics arena cost to build?

It holds 6,500 people, but it has an air of temporaryness about it. Corrugated back panels and a fabric roof - I hope TTA haven't been there on their fact-finding trip or I may just have spent the evening looking at out Failsworth Future...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It holds 6,500 people, but it has an air of temporaryness about it. Corrugated back panels and a fabric roof - I hope TTA haven't been there on their fact-finding trip or I may just have spent the evening looking at out Failsworth Future...

Perhaps your premonition was Latics playing home games there after BP is demolished and before the new stadium is built.

I hope your premonition turns out to be just a nibbler, did you get a picture?

If something as little as that can hold 6000 people, then really makes you wonder how big ours is going to be

Don't forget cheapness, crappiness....

Don't forget cheapness, crappiness....

i think the design of it,meaning the oval shape isnt too bad really....the seating and roofing is very tacky and uninviting....

i think if we are spending 20 million we should get something quite decent looking,bit more forward thinking and conceptual perhaps

i think the design of it,meaning the oval shape isnt too bad really....the seating and roofing is very tacky and uninviting....

i think if we are spending 20 million we should get something quite decent looking,bit more forward thinking and conceptual perhaps

All depends on how much of the 20 mill is being spent on the stad and how much is being spent on buying the land

Yeah, looks great from behind the goal.... :unsure:

I'd sooner the money be spent on capacity/facilities rather than aesthetics (which, worryingly, is probably the case anyway).

Edited by Stitch_KTF

It's an awful place to be in the cold wind and rain, there is no way Latics fans will accept a design like that.

Yeah, looks great from behind the goal.... :unsure:

I'd sooner the money be spent on capacity/facilities rather than aesthetics (which, worryingly, is probably the case anyway).

well im thinking we wouldnt have a running track round the side of ours for a kick off...

the money will always go on ashetics unfortunately,they will want to make a bold statement of intent to attract the corporates into the conferencing and hotel facilities

im sure that the facilities installed for fans will be 100% better than we currently have,i just hope they see sense and install a proper catering firm instead of the crap we have had to put up with recently

It's an awful place to be in the cold wind and rain, there is no way Latics fans will accept a design like that.

We'll get we're given BP, that's what the whole move to Failsworth is about. Ok in reality it's unlikely we'll go for summat like The R.A.A. but it was a wake up call for me last night, something so tiny could hold 6,500 people, the toilet facilities were very good and despite it piddling down for a large chunk of the second half we kept dry. What worries me is that if something along those lines can be built for £3.5m and the whole project at Failsworth is supposed to £20m perhaps that was meant by something 'unque' being built?

I think we'll all continue to be a little negative and suspicious until we have something 'concrete' to look at...

Edited by oafcprozac

We'll get we're given BP, that's what the whole move to Failsworth is about. Ok in reality it's unlikely we'll go for summat like The R.A.A. but it was a wake up call for me last night, something so tiny could hold 6,500 people, the toilet facilities were very good and despite it piddling down for a large chunk of the second half we kept dry. What worries me is that if something along those lines can be built for £3.5m and the whole project at Failsworth is supposed to £20m perhaps that was meant by something 'unque' being built?

I think we'll all continue to be a little negative and suspicious until we have something 'concrete' to look at...

Well you cant say that isnt unique as it is, just not in a good way

i serously doubt they would even contemplate building something like that after persuading hardcore fans to up sticks and leave bp

even a 2 sided bp is still better than that design....i think it was more a highlight of what you get for a very small budget these days

my personal choice would be for a horse shoe design...and it could be a lucky omen

i serously doubt they would even contemplate building something like that after persuading hardcore fans to up sticks and leave bp

even a 2 sided bp is still better than that design....i think it was more a highlight of what you get for a very small budget these days

my personal choice would be for a horse shoe design...and it could be a lucky omen

I could go with that

I could even accept a keepmoat style bowl

Just please please stay away from Colchester or Shrewsbury's design

I could go with that

I could even accept a keepmoat style bowl

Just please please stay away from Colchester or Shrewsbury's design

Agreed, Would appear to be the cheapest way to build a new ground though - In all honesty that's what I expect

Edited by longtimeblue