Had an awful premonition tonight

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grin: It's funny how there are about 18 completely different versions of the nightmare that it could turn out to be but hardly anyone who thinks it might actually be OK

Hopefully it will be ok, The TTA wont be going to games there 10 years later though - I just worry it'll be a quick job so they can say they've fulfilled their duties and left us with a home, regardless of what type. It's a fair point though and until we've seen plans worries are relatively unfounded.

Don't give the TTA ideas about an athletics track, it could be a money spinner for the club during a summer.

and what would be wrong with that,bringing in vital cash that could go towards building a good team with better players when most grounds lie empty earning nothing...

and what would be wrong with that,bringing in vital cash that could go towards building a good team with better players when most grounds lie empty earning nothing...

There is a lot wrong with that... I am 100% behind adding extra facilities to increase non-football revenue but not at the determent of enjoying watching the game. Sitting in the Chaddy for example is a pain in the arse with its old fashioned roof with legs... Being 200 meters or whatever from the playing surface is not going to be much fun for most people including people like me who have poor eye sight. It would hurt attracting fans I think.

If they want to do this it should be done by being able to remove sections of the stands or whatever....

Edited by oafc0000

There is a lot wrong with that... I am 100% behind adding extra facilities to increase non-football revenue but not at the determent of enjoying watching the game. Sitting in the Chaddy for example is a pain in the arse with its old fashioned roof with legs... Being 200 meters or whatever from the playing surface is not going to be much fun for most people including people like me who have poor eye sight. It would hurt attracting fans I think.

If they want to do this it should be done by being able to remove sections of the stands or whatever....

Anyone who has paid over £20 quid to watch us at Brighton will echo this I'm sure

Can't wait for the designs to be released and the shock on here when it actually looks very nice.

"Huh, that's your opinion. I reckon it looks crap."

"I didn't want a bowl"

"I didn't want 4 stands"

"Typical crappy compromise - half bowl, half stands"

"No smoking area"

"No standing area"

"No swearing, racial abuse and generally being an anti-social t*** area"

"Been done on the cheap"

"Bet they've made £50,000,000 from BP"

etc etc

"Huh, that's your opinion. I reckon it looks crap."

"I didn't want a bowl"

"I didn't want 4 stands"

"Typical crappy compromise - half bowl, half stands"

"No smoking area"

"No standing area"

"No swearing, racial abuse and generally being an anti-social t*** area"

"Been done on the cheap"

"Bet they've made £50,000,000 from BP"

etc etc

Don't like the colour of the grass

It's got a rectangular pitch - told you it would be like Colchester

Floodlights won't be bright enough

Pie ovens won't hold enough

We could design the stands so that there are seats outside and in, then have the running track on the outside.

Easy

It doesn't matter what it looks like. All that matters is that no club aiming to firmly establish itself in the Championship, in a town the size of Oldham, would build a ground with a capacity of only 12000.

Look at our north-west neighbours (disregarding the Manchester and Liverpool clubs for obvious reasons.) Those in the Championship or above have grounds with capacities much larger than 12000. Those that kick around the bottom two divisions, without any real prospect of getting out, have grounds with capacities around the 10-12000 mark. Go figure, as they say.

It doesn't matter what it looks like. All that matters is that no club aiming to firmly establish itself in the Championship, in a town the size of Oldham, would build a ground with a capacity of only 12000.

Look at our north-west neighbours (disregarding the Manchester and Liverpool clubs for obvious reasons.) Those in the Championship or above have grounds with capacities much larger than 12000. Those that kick around the bottom two divisions, without any real prospect of getting out, have grounds with capacities around the 10-12000 mark. Go figure, as they say.

You could you expand more on this idea that a ground with only 12000 seats cannot establish itself in the championship?