Ticket Office post on Colchesters Official message board

Just having a look at Colchester Official Message board and their ticket office post topics on there about Tickets for games,

could be a good idea for Oldham to try? As I am guessing more people look at this than the OS at times

e.g.

Post subject: Oldham Away Saturday 21st November

PostPosted: November 11th, 2009, 11:11 am

CUFC.com

Hi guys,

Just so you know, Oldham have sent us a batch of tickets which were received yesterday afternoon for the game next Saturday. It was originally going to be pay on the day (which you still can do) but as advanced tickets are cheaper, they sent us these to sell as well.

Advanced prices:

Adults £18.00

Senior (65+) £9.00

Under 16 £9.00

Under 12 £3.00

Disabled £18.00 plus free carer

On the day will be £2.00 more expensive per ticket except for Under 12's which will remain the same at £3.00.

You can purchase your tickets for the game from either the Stadium Shop, U's Central or on the ticket hotline 0845 437 9089.

Regards,

Ticket Office

I'm wondering how long Alan spends responding to fans emails.......quite a bit at a guess.

To be fair, Big Bad Baz did ask for marketing ideas to be posted up here, and now that we know there is someone other him picking them up there might be some point to doing so.

Talking of the game this saturday, we are staying up in the area saturday night. Is anyone able to recommend a decent ish chinese restaurant in Oldham/Rochdale (staying roughly in between the two)? And which is better for nightlife (not clubs, just where is the best place to go that will carry the least risk of a kicking and finding a few decent/bearable clubs and bars)? Cant be bothered to trek into manchester, too much hassle really and we have been out there loads anyway.

I just hope we play as well as we did at your place last season!

Thanks for any info! :wink:

Talking of the game this saturday, we are staying up in the area saturday night. Is anyone able to recommend a decent ish chinese restaurant in Oldham/Rochdale (staying roughly in between the two)? And which is better for nightlife (not clubs, just where is the best place to go that will carry the least risk of a kicking and finding a few decent/bearable clubs and bars)? Cant be bothered to trek into manchester, too much hassle really and we have been out there loads anyway.

There's a chinese buffet Restaurant in Oldham centre but it does blow hot and cold, Rochdale's an absolute dump for nightlife and Oldham's not much better tbh, a case of over-priced over-crowded bars full of kids wanting to have a go. Personally for both food and drink I would venture into Manchester, which has it's own China Town off Portland Street, with a fantastic choice of oriental restaurants and as many bars as you can shake a stick at. I'm only 32 and you couldn't pay me to go out in Oldham Centre at night. Manchester however, is a great night - you'll pay about £15 for a taxi back to Oldham.

The Blue Diamond is on the main road between Rochdale and Oldham, more towards the Rochdale side - it was decent a few years ago although don't blame me if they serve cold rats these days. There isn't a whole lot to drag you into Dale's town centre though, and that's from one without any bias against the place. More pubs at least in Oldham.

theres the chinese restaurant in royton (in between oldham and rochdale too) along with a most excellent thai restaurant which i definitely recommend ..

links..

http://www.happygathering.co.uk/

http://www.sugarvine.com/Lancashire/search...estaurant=45525

Edited by johnny punkster

There's a chinese buffet Restaurant in Oldham centre but it does blow hot and cold, Rochdale's an absolute dump for nightlife and Oldham's not much better tbh, a case of over-priced over-crowded bars full of kids wanting to have a go. Personally for both food and drink I would venture into Manchester, which has it's own China Town off Portland Street, with a fantastic choice of oriental restaurants and as many bars as you can shake a stick at. I'm only 32 and you couldn't pay me to go out in Oldham Centre at night. Manchester however, is a great night - you'll pay about £15 for a taxi back to Oldham.

+ 1

Last time I went out in Oldham I was on my way to Manchester before 10pm.... It really is awful... Didnt use to be...its a real shame...

Edited by oafc0000

I'm a hardcore Dim Sum connoisseur. 'Ocean Treasure' is the best place I know near Oldham and Rochdale, just be careful not to offend any of the Triad's which frequent the place. However, you really ought to venture into Manchester for what it's worth and try the Little Yang Sing (I'm going tonight :banana2:) and then enjoy a decent night out. I recommend Sankeys, Area51 and Warehouse Project. Oldham and Rochdale are best of avoided...

Contrary to what some will have you believe, a night out in Oldham or Rochdale is unlikely to end in a kicking. If you're looking for it then you will get it...just like most places. I have been out countless times to Oldham in the last 10 years and never once been in any danger or threatening situation. I have friends who visit Rochdale regularly and they never come back beat up. That said, neither town is that good of a night out. I enjoy Oldham but more because of who I am out with than the town itself. If you do go in Oldham then the I would suggest The Castle, Jackson's Pit (although the music in these places can vary from indie to death metal depending upong the night) and Tokyo Project - the latter playing decent but more poppy indie stuff, which makes a change from :censored:ty R&B you'll hear on Yorkshire St. Tokyo's is a bit young though - 16 - 30s sort of group. 'Envy' is the only mainstream club in Oldham really with an older clientele. The Lounge Bar on Union St is nice little club full of people of all ages off their faces listening to techno/electro but only comes alive at about midnight...

As for Chinese, I'd back LeesLover's recommendation of a visit to the Blue Diamond...don't let the exterior (and interior, for that matter) put you off as the food is good...but round here it is easier to find a good chucker than a Chinese IMO. Indian Ocean, Cafe Lahore and Westwood East are ok in my book.

As for Chinese, I'd back LeesLover's recommendation of a visit to the Blue Diamond...don't let the exterior (and interior, for that matter) put you off as the food is good...

Ditto. Far and away the most consistently good chinese for miles around. Small place, a bit on the cozy side but there's a decent sized overspill upstairs (that tends to get used most nights due to them nearly always being busy....always a good sign). Rochdale for a night out is....well, pretty quiet these days. Most of the clubs have closed but if you head into the centre of town there are a few half decent late night bars clustered together. Certainly not as dangerous as Oldham can be....and like most people acknowledge, it's more a case of those that want trouble will certainly find it....but otherwise, it's generally quite safe.

Il second Yard dog's comments on the night life, its not as bad as some make out, ive never once had a fight or felt threatend and neither have any of my close mates. I think the problem is there is more potential in Oldham for a fight as due to its reputation, i can imagine it attracts some of the rougher elements of Manchester and the surronding areas, feeling they'll 'get some' in Oldham. If you can keep yourself to yourself, dont react if someone does try to provoke you, you'll be reet.

I would also reccommend Tokyo project, though i hear Envy is alright also for the over 25's.

It depends where the Colchester fan is staying as you could say Heywood is between Oldham and Rochdale (sort of) and there is a good Chinese in Heywood called Hoyas (not much worse than the stuff you get down in Manchester but without the expensive taxi [for me] or the added cost of the meal).

As to Stitch's post- you should try Wings mate in Lincoln Square better than either of the Yang Sings for Dim Sum IMHO.

If you can keep yourself to yourself, dont react if someone does try to provoke you, you'll be reet.

Sounds like the sort of place I want to be drinking...not...

If I venture beyond the locals in Warrington I head to Manchester... NOTHING would make me drink in Oldham again...

As for it not feeling threatened...your clearly a bigger man than me :) Its like fight night on Yorkshire street come midnight...(going back about two or three years anyway)

Edited by oafc0000

Sounds like the sort of place I want to be drinking...not...

If I venture beyond the locals in Warrington I head to Manchester... NOTHING would make me drink in Oldham again...

As for it not feeling threatened...your clearly a bigger man than me :) Its like fight night on Yorkshire street come midnight...(going back about two or three years anyway)

I will admit that Manchester is the nicer night out, and it seems that has been our destination of choice our for last few nights out but i honestly dont mind a night out in Oldham.

I cant understand the feeling threatend though ive probably had too much too notice its a scary place to walk through :grin:

You can find a fight in any town centre in England if you want one, it only differs in how far you have to look and how hard it is not to have one if you'd rather not...

Anyway, our welcome visitor reminds me of a story from Southend away, the 0-1 when that murderer scored for us early on and we shut them out. I was chatting to a random Oldham lad in the pub before the game and someone mentioned Colchester, which had been/was coming up/something or other. This lad said that he had been out there with 3 mates the other night, I think he said two of them were Smog Monsters and one from Wigan or somewhere, and a gang of 20 locals had ran at them outside a pub late at night.

:sign0007: :sign0007: :sign0007:

:swordfight::rifle::violent111::stretcher::boxer::bat:

Turns out the lads were Paras, and as he put it, "We'd only just come back from Afghanistan, we are used to people running at us trying to kill us

If you do go in Oldham then the I would suggest The Castle, Jackson's Pit (although the music in these places can vary from indie to death metal depending upong the night) and Tokyo Project - the latter playing decent but more poppy indie stuff, which makes a change from :censored:ty R&B you'll hear on Yorkshire St. Tokyo's is a bit young though - 16 - 30s sort of group. 'Envy' is the only mainstream club in Oldham really with an older clientele. The Lounge Bar on Union St is nice little club full of people of all ages off their faces listening to techno/electro but only comes alive at about midnight...

Sounds like The Castle, only with different music :grin: