3402 Home fans For a league fixture at BP.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good grief, what indignation.

You don't have to read threads if you don't want to. Just move on, read something else, post something else. Don't just post to moan about threads.

i wanted to read about yesterdays attendance, but yet again certain cretins start having a go at 0000 again - PATHETIC

i wanted to read about yesterdays attendance, but yet again certain cretins start having a go at 0000 again - PATHETIC

Yesterdays attendance!! Yes indeed - The majority of those who went will have come away thinking "That's why i go to BP!!!"

What a 2nd half! Well done on the comeback and tactical changes DP. :applause1:

Another 5 minutes and we'd have won it.

Good grief, what indignation.

You don't have to read threads if you don't want to. Just move on, read something else, post something else. Don't just post to moan about threads.

the fact is ,some folk here just cannot handle the fact that some people here are different from themselves, think for themselves and have different points of view to latics and everyday life in general.

"you don't go, therefore you are not worthy,your opinion isn't wanted."

oh dear.

the fact is ,some folk here just cannot handle the fact that some people here are different from themselves, think for themselves and have different points of view to latics and everyday life in general.

oh dear.

And my dad/mum/brother/grandma is bigger than yours and i drive a bigger car ner ner ner ner ner :tongue1:

would love to go ! but unfortunatley lost my job and just cannot justify spending 1/3 of my weekly money going to watch latics suspect theres afair few others who are " stayaways" in the same boat !

does that make OUR views anyless valid ? would love to contribute by going but think feeding & clothing myself just have to take priority ?

oh to be a superfan !

would love to go ! but unfortunatley lost my job and just cannot justify spending 1/3 of my weekly money going to watch latics suspect theres afair few others who are " stayaways" in the same boat !

does that make OUR views anyless valid ? would love to contribute by going but think feeding & clothing myself just have to take priority ?

oh to be a superfan !

You're not the ones who are being talked about. It's those who chose not to because we're :censored:...that's not why you support a club. And it's those ones who's opinion, in my opinion, is less valid.

I've just read the whole 7 pages of this thread and I've got to say I found it very entertaining. :applause1:

Some great "debate" going on in the early hours of last night.

I loved the 2 arguements going on over one another between Real v Kyle and then Yarddogs & Lancy Lad v OAFC0000.

I've had a few arguements on here with OAFC0000 myself and its bloody hard to get the last word with that bugger. :lol:

Moaning is fine. Continual harassment isn't.

And I hope you would agree that being critical/attacking opinions points of view is fine, but personal abuse isn't .

So i would see nothing intrinsically wrong with "continually" criticising a stance or point of view that was "continually" being put forward. However to call someone a cretin, moron, retard, etc is not acceptable.

For those who chose not to be at BP yesterday because they didn't want to go (not those whose personal circumstances precluded attendance) , you missed the essence of being a supporter. It was your loss. Next time - get on down to BP. Get behind the team against Leeds. Demonstrate your support.

You're not the ones who are being talked about. It's those who chose not to because we're :censored:...that's not why you support a club. And it's those ones who's opinion, in my opinion, is less valid.

Amen to that. Too much false indignation going on here.

And just a quick edit to add - I sincerely hope that nothing I have said will have reduced either kyle's or oafc0000s likelihood of attending another game, and to be honest I doubt either of them is so eaily swayed into not attending. It was all just banter between the participants. Some other people are claiming a lot of it was out of order; I think the people involved don't have a problem with what went on. :wacko:

Edited by real

Can someone explain to me why moving ground is going to help? You have a wacking great hole on the side of the ground, surely you could just built these semi mythical "corporate facilities which provide a year round income stream" that all teams bang on about on the empty side, its not as if you really need the extra seats.....

Guest sheridans_world
Can someone explain to me why moving ground is going to help? You have a wacking great hole on the side of the ground, surely you could just built these semi mythical "corporate facilities which provide a year round income stream" that all teams bang on about on the empty side, its not as if you really need the extra seats.....

and herein lies the question we all want answers to...

That was the previous plan but due to the current economic climate wasn't going to make the owners as much money as they thought and they were struggling to get a developer to build the ':censored:-flats' needed to finance the project in some of the spare land. So it is currently more finacially viable to move to a more scummy area (where the house prices aren't as high) and knock down the entire ground for housing as opposed to using some of the spare land around the ground.

Hope you enjoyed your trip up (including night out) BTW.

and herein lies the question we all want answers to...

Sorry, I mean I wasnt going to wade through 8 pages of thread to find out if that had been answered - it just occurred to me yesterday you have excess capacity and a spare side of the ground that you could easily do a luton with and turn into corporate facilities rather than move to manchester. I mean, Im not local but surely there isnt a huge requirement for corporate facilities in failsworth anyway!?

Simple really. Houses on the site we are currently on will sell for more than it will cost for the land at the new site, which (attempts not to get lynched by a mob of angry Failsworthians again) is however only a few miles away. Hence in the current climate it makes building anywhere more feasible. The original plan was to stay and fund it by building on spare land but what's that worth now compared to what it was? And the houses on the current sight will be worth more for not having a football ground beside them. What I think we are all agreed on is that sitting in that crumbling dump as it is won't do us any good. Bear in mind that away fans are in the newest stand, the dacilities are dreadful elsewhere. No catering worth speaking of, can't get a beer in the Chaddy End etc.

That was the previous plan but due to the current economic climate wasn't going to make the owners as much money as they thought and they were struggling to get a developer to build the ':censored:-flats' needed to finance the project in some of the spare land. So it is currently more finacially viable to move to a more scummy area (where the house prices aren't as high) and knock down the entire ground for housing as opposed to using some of the spare land around the ground.

Hope you enjoyed your trip up (including night out) BTW.

Whose going to buy the land off you though, in this climate? I know our council STILL havent sold layer road, in fact they cant even manage to give it away! Its not as if Boundary Park is exactly in a desirable location (by that I mean near a station). Im not even convinced by the fact that clubs actually make loads of money off these facilities, im yet to see any concrete evidence that they even make a profit (lets face it, most clubs lose money even after they move to a new ground.) If these corporate facilities are going to be be profitable anyway, they wouldnt need to sell the flats in order to finance them, banks would be queueing up to finance them and then cream off the profits when they were finished.

I know im only a visiting supporter and all, but it just strikes me as being an utterly :censored: idea. I dont think it will suddenly make you profitable, and I want to go watch colchester play oldham athletic, not some team from a manc suburb.

And yeah, had a wicked weekend thanks. Despite it being, ahem, not the poshest part of the world, Oldham fans are unfailing a good bunch. Went to Chinatown in the end, got utterly trashed, and ended up singing with a group of rugby league refs! I do love having a girlfriend who thinks that a romantic way to spend your third anniversary is getting pissed in oldham/manchester and going to the football....(no, seriously!)

Whose going to buy the land off you though, in this climate? I know our council STILL havent sold layer road, in fact they cant even manage to give it away! Its not as if Boundary Park is exactly in a desirable location (by that I mean near a station). Im not even convinced by the fact that clubs actually make loads of money off these facilities, im yet to see any concrete evidence that they even make a profit (lets face it, most clubs lose money even after they move to a new ground.) If these corporate facilities are going to be be profitable anyway, they wouldnt need to sell the flats in order to finance them, banks would be queueing up to finance them and then cream off the profits when they were finished.

I know im only a visiting supporter and all, but it just strikes me as being an utterly :censored: idea. I dont think it will suddenly make you profitable, and I want to go watch colchester play oldham athletic, not some team from a manc suburb.

And yeah, had a wicked weekend thanks. Despite it being, ahem, not the poshest part of the world, Oldham fans are unfailing a good bunch. Went to Chinatown in the end, got utterly trashed, and ended up singing with a group of rugby league refs! I do love having a girlfriend who thinks that a romantic way to spend your third anniversary is getting pissed in oldham/manchester and going to the football....(no, seriously!)

Boundary Park is in a fairly desirable location (OK it isn't near a station) because it is right by a motorway, some of the schools nearby are pretty good and that big open expanse of football pitches will remain there for a while- as companies, not just us, have tried to build on it but found it is owned by the people of Oldham having been gifted to them in perpetuity. For housing that's a fairly desirable location.

I think some of the problem with the previous plans was that other flats were being built in Oldham and couldn't be sold, plus it has been quite a large problem in Manchester- where a lot of the new developments of flats on the inner ring road have been sold on the premise that the owners could get £600/month in rent when they are struggling to get £500/month and therefore can't afford their mortages.

Heres a question for you CatkinCUFC of which I am sure the answer will be of interest to many on here.

When it was announced you were getting your new stadium, with a capacity of 10k, did anyone accuse the club of lacking ambition (ie the stadium size reflects that we only intend to be a lower division club with no intention of establishing yourselves in the championship), or were they happy with the proposals?

Does she have big tits? I might have a shave and go stalking in Essex.

What you might not see on the way to the ground is that it actually is a fairly posh area round Boundary Park, it's all quiet streets with bungalows off to the side. It's no big deal not being near a station, it's on a main road and near a motorway junction. Northerners drive. In any case the owners are building the club I think rather than selling the land so it's not dependant on current land values what it will earn. The new site is in Oldham, albeit on the "Boundary." It's an affordable site and we are looking forward to seeing what plans for income generation are bolted on, it will be a blow to leave but I think all things considered it will be for the best

Boundary Park is in a fairly desirable location (OK it isn't near a station) because it is right by a motorway, some of the schools nearby are pretty good and that big open expanse of football pitches will remain there for a while- as companies, not just us, have tried to build on it but found it is owned by the people of Oldham having been gifted to them in perpetuity. For housing that's a fairly desirable location.

I think some of the problem with the previous plans was that other flats were being built in Oldham and couldn't be sold, plus it has been quite a large problem in Manchester- where a lot of the new developments of flats on the inner ring road have been sold on the premise that the owners could get £600/month in rent when they are struggling to get £500/month and therefore can't afford their mortages.

it is also on the doorstep of Royal Oldham Hospital. I would imagine at least some of the dwellings built will be Key Worker homes.