Confessions of a stay-away

"harry"

I don't have a problem with you really. I just have a problem with you hiding behind your code name of Harry while many on here say you have a vested interest in the project. Everyone is entitled to there privacy etc. But if for example the tta where on here pretending to be fans to alter preceptoon I think something stinks about that. Couple this with the the libel thing I got a bit annouyed for a moment. I also understand you are a fan coming back in time so I can understand if your stuck between a rock and a hard place some what.

If you want to keep your privacy still I will respct that and I will also add I think your bring a lot to the board and what you say seems to be quite vaulable. I honestly don't really have a problem with you. It's just the Haryana thing.

"harry"

I don't have a problem with you really. I just have a problem with you hiding behind your code name of Harry while many on here say you have a vested interest in the project. Everyone is entitled to there privacy etc. But if for example the tta where on here pretending to be fans to alter preceptoon I think something stinks about that. Couple this with the the libel thing I got a bit annouyed for a moment. I also understand you are a fan coming back in time so I can understand if your stuck between a rock and a hard place some what.

If you want to keep your privacy still I will respct that and I will also add I think your bring a lot to the board and what you say seems to be quite vaulable. I honestly don't really have a problem with you. It's just the Haryana thing.

Harry Dowd was one of my heroes as a kid growing up, what with me wanting to be a keeper etc. If only I could have lived up to his reputation :lol: Thats where my user name comes from. Simple as that really.

I do like my privacy, but I am a fan at heart and thats why I comment on here. Yes I do have some priviledges that allows me knowledge of some things that go on and where possible I share that in my own way. I will however never betray a priviledge and I think that where I do comment what I say is fair.

People on here who know me, will tell you that I think of the club first and above all else. A lot see me at the games, both home and away and we chat about all things Latics over a pint or two. They know what I do, and because they know the background behind it, are comfortable with what I do. But at the end of the day, like you, I am just a fan. That is why I offered to meet you. Because we would be talking about Latics. We wont agree on everything, but we may have a better understanding of each others point of view. Oh and it would probably mean you were back through the turnstiles at BP.

Take me up on the offer and put your mind at rest.

Cheers,

Harry

P.S. that is not an offer for any :swordfight::grin:

Harry Dowd was one of my heroes as a kid growing up, what with me wanting to be a keeper etc. If only I could have lived up to his reputation :lol: Thats where my user name comes from. Simple as that really.

I do like my privacy, but I am a fan at heart and thats why I comment on here. Yes I do have some priviledges that allows me knowledge of some things that go on and where possible I share that in my own way. I will however never betray a priviledge and I think that where I do comment what I say is fair.

People on here who know me, will tell you that I think of the club first and above all else. A lot see me at the games, both home and away and we chat about all things Latics over a pint or two. They know what I do, and because they know the background behind it, are comfortable with what I do. But at the end of the day, like you, I am just a fan. That is why I offered to meet you. Because we would be talking about Latics. We wont agree on everything, but we may have a better understanding of each others point of view. Oh and it would probably mean you were back through the turnstiles at BP.

Take me up on the offer and put your mind at rest.

Cheers,

Harry

P.S. that is not an offer for any :swordfight::grin:

Well your offer of a chat does come across as a genuine offer. To be frank you put yourself across well enough on here and I do not see why either of us need to go out of our way to meet up but if I see you around I will introduce myself...

Been to three games at BP this season, Stockport because it was the first game of the season...but the others only because I was in Manchester anyway and felt I may as well go along.

The last two weeks I've been out and about and it's been about 4.30 before I've even thought about checking how we're getting on...if I was out of the house in the past I'd normally be doing my best to keep myself updated but I don't really seem to bother checking anymore. Think the main reason is the lack of excitement this season...we're too good to go down but nowhere near good enough to go up (which is what I said at the start of the season) - we're midtable material which makes it enjoyable when going to the game but hardly exciting when you don't/can't go.

I'll be at BP for the Tranmere game (but again, just because I'm home over Xmas and feel a duty to go when I'm back) and will continue to go to as many games as I can around the south (unless, like Gillingham, something more exciting/enjoyable comes up)...Latics this season anyway is all about the day out with scant worries about performances and results. It just doesn't bother me as much as it has in the past.