Colchester: BBC TV video highlights

Tierney wasnt happy with Smalley was he!

What exactly did Tierney do?

Booted the ball away, though it's marginal as to whether he heard the whistle when you see the replay, though he does seem to just hoof if rather than look for the pass which I expect he'd have done if he genuinely had been playing on.

Not sure why his aggression was aimed toward Smalley though, unless Smalley was asking the ref to book him for booting the ball away.

Edited by danoafc

Booted the ball away, though it's marginal as to whether he heard the whistle when you see the replay, though he does seem to just hoof if rather than look for the pass which I expect he'd have done if he genuinely had been playing on.

Not sure why his aggression was aimed toward Smalley though, unless Smalley was asking the ref to book him for booting the ball away.

on saturday it looked intentional and seemed like the whistle had long bin blown but after watching that replay i think tierny has every right to be agrieved. seems very harsh to me. it was bout 2 seconds after the whistle at most that he kicked it away and he was already swinging his foot when it went. should have been booked first time he did it anyway so was just belated justice

That's baldist!

It'll happen Dan, one day you will join us.....

I'm well on the way to the old 'salt and pepper' look as it is mate, but I was rather hoping that might mean I at least retain decent coverage. You sort of disprove that theory though, T! :wink:

on saturday it looked intentional and seemed like the whistle had long bin blown but after watching that replay i think tierny has every right to be agrieved. seems very harsh to me. it was bout 2 seconds after the whistle at most that he kicked it away and he was already swinging his foot when it went. should have been booked first time he did it anyway so was just belated justice

Stupid thing to do having already been booked! Bet he was about as popular as a fart in a spacesuit on the coach ride back, having denied them the win they were quite clearly coasting to....

That's baldist!

It'll happen Dan, one day you will join us.....

I've had a 'nought' since I was 25, I wasn't balding then, I just preferred it - but as I come from a long line of baldies my 'foilage' is now disappearing at an alarming rate and in patches!

Fookin' Boo! :ranting:

I've had a 'nought' since I was 25, I wasn't balding then, I just preferred it - but as I come from a long line of baldies my 'foilage' is now disappearing at an alarming rate and in patches!

Fookin' Boo! :ranting:

Don't worry, you aint on your own! I used to have a "fringe" many moons ago but I appear to have mis-placed it.....

what do you expect? they hate anyone that isnt from the south

Er do you watch the show? Huddersfield got a bit of a love-in the other day. The bloody Barcodes are forever on (both of whom are more northern than we are). Its the BBC they know full well the only people watching highlights of Oldham v. Colchester are Oldham and Colchester fans they really don't care as they know the the football leagues have enough supporters to make it semi-successful comapred to the dross they usually have on when the pubs are well and truely shut on a Saturday night (Scent of a Woman anyone?)

Sometimes finding 2 minutes of highlights is quite hard sometimes 10 minutes still wouldn't show enough- you pay your license fee you get to watch (or rewatch) Oldham eventually, I'd rather that than the naff footage ITV used to give us, (Virgin was OK but think the Beeb is better).

I cant believe how harsh the Tierney second yellow looks!

he is simply playing a clearance , ah well not complaining :)

He knew what he was doing, he did it in the first half as well near the RRE far more blatently. The ref had already warned him about it and given him the benefit of the doubt on that occassion, he can only blame himself.

He knew what he was doing, he did it in the first half as well near the RRE far more blatently. The ref had already warned him about it and given him the benefit of the doubt on that occassion, he can only blame himself.

exactly and he took smalley out in a similar position. kicking it away wasnt a yellow card but he did it before and repeated niggly offences meant he had to go

Also I love the fact it looks like Taylor is trying to uppercut the ball boy :lol:

What actually happened was - Taylor got the ball thrown in his face when celebrating. I'm surprised he didn't go to the ground afterwards.

Edited by bowl