DP to finally make his move

I have to say that ormerod looked decent in the few games he played for us before he got injured, if he hadnt he would have done the business...look at him now.

heffernan would be very welcome

thought it was the other way round? he had just been injured and was getting his fitness back at Oldham

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He got 10 goals in the championship last year and they were from only a few starts and sub appearances. SOD has changed his shape/system and he just doesnt fit into it, all thier fans still regard him as their best goalscorer at the club and I have a donny mate who says that after a few games he hits his stride and bangs them in, he would be a great foil for Pav when he is back. He wants a loan move somewhere, knows DP and we aint a far communte from yorkshire, only problem i see is wages as usual.

Oh and ourselves and donny know/use the same agent = donny always after the same players as us!! (donny mates dad is a steward, knows all the inside rumours etc)

Not so sure about this 'bug'- if it is requiring antibiotics it could be quite nasty (either that or a waste of antibiotics). There's a few things which it could be but if more than one person has the same bug its probably a bit of food poisoning which doesn't bode well for some of the other players.

Not so sure about this 'bug'- if it is requiring antibiotics it could be quite nasty (either that or a waste of antibiotics). There's a few things which it could be but if more than one person has the same bug its probably a bit of food poisoning which doesn't bode well for some of the other players.

If "one or two" players have a bug, it is highly unlikely to be food poisoning that woudl affect the rest of the squad.

Most would exhibit symptoms after 12-24 hours.

With "which doesn't bode well for some of the other players" you are referring to the fact they have eaten together communally so far more would have the symptoms.

If we assume communal eating acquired infection:

We don't know symptoms, how long the incubation period, wht they had eaten prior to symptoms showed, what protein it was, what the menu range is. I would imagine 4 or 5 dishes at most-all courses. Realistically half would have had one thing, half the other.

Given what we do know, out of 20 people (more if the reserves were around) only 2 exhibting symptoms does not indicate food poisoning.

Otherwise , it is some sort of Kebab or similar on a night out they have had that is likely to have been on Saturday night out, as the other days they are likely to have trained together so others present would have the symptoms. Otherwise you cannot catch from anything other than direct contact,and if they are poorly they would not be in training.

You might be able to deduce my occupation from my response, and what you know.

If "one or two" players have a bug, it is highly unlikely to be food poisoning that woudl affect the rest of the squad.

Most would exhibit symptoms after 12-24 hours.

With "which doesn't bode well for some of the other players" you are referring to the fact they have eaten together communally so far more would have the symptoms.

If we assume communal eating acquired infection:

We don't know symptoms, how long the incubation period, wht they had eaten prior to symptoms showed, what protein it was, what the menu range is. I would imagine 4 or 5 dishes at most-all courses. Realistically half would have had one thing, half the other.

Given what we do know, out of 20 people (more if the reserves were around) only 2 exhibting symptoms does not indicate food poisoning.

Otherwise , it is some sort of Kebab or similar on a night out they have had that is likely to have been on Saturday night out, as the other days they are likely to have trained together so others present would have the symptoms. Otherwise you cannot catch from anything other than direct contact,and if they are poorly they would not be in training.

You might be able to deduce my occupation from my response, and what you know.

See that's the thing (I think I know what you do- you said before somewhere), the doesn't bode well part for some of the other players meant that if the meal where the food poisoning originated was a communal team meal then its quite likely more players will be coming down with something. For the most common form of food poisoning in this country the incubation period is measured in days not hours (and it starts at 2 days), for two of the other more common forms the incubation period can be as long as 48 or 72 hours- so some players could still be affected. After all things affect people in different ways and at different speeds so this could be quite debilertating for an already injury hit squad. However it could be that some of the Huddersfield based players (or the ones staying in a local hotel) went out for a meal for the inital case and so quite a large number of players weren't there.

Food poisoning is also the most common infection requiring antibiotics (it doesn't really for the majority of the population) which affects more than one person in a group at one time in the UK in winter. If the infection is one sort it is still most likely to be food poisoning IMHO (despite what you said)- however it wouldn't be uncommon for two players to go down with two seperate and unrelated chest infections requiring antibiotics.

See that's the thing (I think I know what you do- you said before somewhere), the doesn't bode well part for some of the other players meant that if the meal where the food poisoning originated was a communal team meal then its quite likely more players will be coming down with something. For the most common form of food poisoning in this country the incubation period is measured in days not hours (and it starts at 2 days), for two of the other more common forms the incubation period can be as long as 48 or 72 hours- so some players could still be affected. After all things affect people in different ways and at different speeds so this could be quite debilertating for an already injury hit squad. However it could be that some of the Huddersfield based players (or the ones staying in a local hotel) went out for a meal for the inital case and so quite a large number of players weren't there.

Food poisoning is also the most common infection requiring antibiotics (it doesn't really for the majority of the population) which affects more than one person in a group at one time in the UK in winter. If the infection is one sort it is still most likely to be food poisoning IMHO (despite what you said)- however it wouldn't be uncommon for two players to go down with two seperate and unrelated chest infections requiring antibiotics.

Point taken about campylobacter, though it can easily be a day, but salmonella is a close second. I took it as serious enough for antibiotics then it must be a severe case.

I do think is much more likely to be a chest infection, there is a lot of it about at the moment, certainly where I am (and they were not too far away at Gillingham 10 days agi), I have had one for about 2 weeks, and not fully shook it off (though no antibiotics) as has my son.

I reckon they caught it from Roy.

He was stuck in this neck of the woods for a very, very very long time. bound to be him!!

A bit harsh on Heffernan, a transfer fee of £175,000 had been agreed with Bristol City, but both the Bristol City and his agent went public to generate 'other' interest - Latics spat their dummy out but as far as i'm aware Heffernan never sat down Latics officials, talks were in the pipeline but instead he signed for DP at Donny, so imo hardly in the bracket of Wijnhard or Moore Jnr. His agaent's still a complete :censored:-house though!

Would be a decent signing if we could get him, not the biggest but has been a thorn in our side for years.

My understanding is that Heffernan signed for Donny for the same money he was offered at BP. However, Donny offered a larger payment to the agent.

Cheers,

Harry

My understanding is that Heffernan signed for Donny for the same money he was offered at BP. However, Donny offered a larger payment to the agent.

Cheers,

Harry

Thanks for clearing up Harry

How much did you personally gain fr :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: Damn, he got away again

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Totte...icle232625.html

GO ON HARRY!!!!

Seriously though, he will be leaving soon as he aint getting a look in at city

the only problem I cna see is tht Richard is still entangled with the Corrie girl. she's in Manchester, he's in London.

I know money talks, but it has to be a factor. Trouble is only the London clubs can afford him! Although I suspect Lieverpool might need someone like him I donlt think they have the money.