Rob Purdie retires

the SMS says he has retired from 'International' Football, i'm sure that may be a typo as I wasn't aware he was an international so i'm asuming it meant he was retiring from the professional game? Sad, if that's the case.

Am I missing something? Nothing on the official and he was saying last week that he was hoping to be back by Jan? :huh:

Am I missing something? Nothing on the official and he was saying last week that he was hoping to be back by Jan? :huh:

"Latics defender Rob Purdie has, with regret, announced his retirement from International Football following a spate of injuries." Word for word the official SMS mate, but as I say surely a typo as he isn't an International?

Edited by oafcprozac

He's only played a couple of international games for England 'C' in 2004 so the official SMS is a little puzzling....I can only assume he's retired from proffesional football!!!!

He's only played a couple of international games for England 'C' in 2004 so the official SMS is a little puzzling....I can only assume he's retired from proffesional football!!!!

Andy Cole hardly did more for England and he felt the need to announce it!

Hope he isn't out of the game for good, is this perhaps a slightly off colour joke?

"Latics defender Rob Purdie has, with regret, announced his retirement from International Football following a spate of injuries." Word for word the official SMS mate, but as I say surely a typo as he isn't an International?

How VERY bizarre.

Where do we stand with regards to the 2 year contract he signed? I think it is doubtful we would have to pay.......right? If it were professional and not international.

I don't think the club has any responsibility at all - they have honoured his contract thus far and it wouldn't be the club's decision to retire him.

Shame if he is having to quit the pro game, I was looking forward to seeing him play.

Edit: Sausage fingers!

Edited by danoafc

I don't think the club has any responsibility at all - they have homoured his contract tus far and it wouldn't be the club's decision to retire him.

Shame if he is having to quit the pro game, I was looking forward to seeing him play.

That is what I would have thought but you never know these days what with clauses ie: injuries, future health etc cotton wool blah blah blah

I'm thinking that somebody has got access to the means of sending SMS messages. Last Thursday, he was on about stepping up his training :unsure:

:lol:

What's the betting the next SMS reads

"DP swoops to sign influential midfield enforcer Daniel Boshell from Grimsby"? :wink:

Edited by danoafc

i retired from international football too.

(i was too crap, so i announced it in 1982-sorry if you missed it!)

Hook line and sinker! :ranting:

Another Purdie and Holdsworth wind-up! See LP snippet, great to see spirit's good now just get yer arse in gear and get yerself back out on the pitch and earn yer sodding wages!

Edited by oafcprozac

Hook line and sinker! :ranting:

Another Purdie and Holdsworth wind-up! See LP snippet, great to see spirit's good now just get yer arse in gear and get yerself back out on the pitch and earn yer sodding wages!

nice to see your text subscription being used well.

this new marketing bloke must have thought that one up...

"just send anything...its revenue!"