Last few years at BP, how do we create a good atmosphere

Atmosphere  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Chaddy or RRE

• RRE
    • Chaddy

We should move everyone who sits in the Chaddy (and who wants to stay in the Chaddy) in to the RRE and then watch our crowds dwindle even further.

It would be interesting to see, how many people who have stopped going we people who went in the Lookers. I'm sure people who went in the Lookers went in because they liked going in the Lookers. Once this was knocked down (for what now seems like no real reason) and they had to move stand, enjoyed it less, and some of these no longer go because they got that p****d off with constantly being moved stand.

I'm not sure my opinion is valid as I sit in the Main Stand, but all I would say say is that 400 singing in the RRE is louder than 400 singing in the Chaddy End from where I sit on the half way line.

Actually, many thanks Ghost as I wondered what we sound like in the two sepeate stands. Do you think combined we'd create a better atmoshere?

We should move everyone who sits in the Chaddy (and who wants to stay in the Chaddy) in to the RRE and then watch our crowds dwindle even further.

It would be interesting to see, how many people who have stopped going we people who went in the Lookers. I'm sure people who went in the Lookers went in because they liked going in the Lookers. Once this was knocked down (for what now seems like no real reason) and they had to move stand, enjoyed it less, and some of these no longer go because they got that p****d off with constantly being moved stand.

Valid comments of course, but how do we move on in our last few years at BP? Do you want to remember a good atmosphere were we are altogether in two stands or spread out sparsley on three sides with little cheer?

the move is inevitable, I just want to send BP off with good atmoshphere, fans together united (aaghhh!! I have used that word again) rather than divided. Maybe remembered by away fans for all the right reason too - small crowd we are but a great atmosphere we have at BP.

A place were the team are cheered from start to finish - yes granted our product is not great at the mo but we can be the twelvth man, I can't think of any other way to lift this team and its supporters. However, I could also be flogging a dead horse have we gone too far were we are a lost cause.

The CRE in it's hey day was the place to be, but alas when it was made all seater it lost it's magic. I've been in both in recent times and the RRE is far better, better acoustics, no pylons and room to have a beer beforehand ( albeit not the best ) I think people are clinging on to their memories of when the CRE was rocking.

RRE V CRE - it's a no contest due to reasons as stated above by steveoafc.

But you can't start forcing people to move. No way. There's already a lot of fans upset at various things at present and forcing them to move may be the tipping point.

And in anycase, I think most of those who want to sing have already moved to the RRE anyway.

Do we really need to look at Further "moving people" proposals.

It is clear from the many polls already done that the fans are split almost down the middle on this.

Attempts have been made over the last 15+ years to get the home fans to change and make the Rocky the home end going back to Big Joe's first spell as manager. There has always been merit in the proposal. However, old gits like myself with so many fond memories still love the Chaddy, despite what it now lacks and don't believe that moving to the Rocky will be of any benefit.

I think we have also seen a backlash from demolishing the lookers and that has surprised me to an extent. What I think it has done, with hindsight, is further polarise opinions even more.

Rather than allienating supporters any more, I think what we should be looking at is learning from our experiences over the last few years and if the Lancaster club site comes to fruition, ensuring that we consult fans with where we want to be in the new ground.

My own thoughts are that the breakdown of the new ground will be something like 2,500 behind each goal, 3,000 down one side and 4,000 in the new main stand. That being the case, I would like to see us have both ends and of course the main stand. That would leave the away fans on the side and give us an advantage with only home fans behind each goal. Maybe we as fans/the Trust/OWTB/supporters club or whoever could start something along these lines before plans are too far advanced.

Cheers,

Harry

If they are to split them up then only one vote matters. The one where they part with their cash and go in that end.

Is that still the Chaddy End?

So if we are to move all to one end and piss off a load of our fans, pick the minority of numbers I say.

Better still, if we are moving in a couple of seasons and it doesn't matter let's not alienate any fans.

Actually, many thanks Ghost as I wondered what we sound like in the two sepeate stands. Do you think combined we'd create a better atmoshere?

Well in all honesty, I think the best solution is for singing coming from all around the ground (including us mill owners and moaners in the Main Stand). The trouble is it's hard when people get told to sit down and shut up when the try to create any atmosphere.

But if we are to have a "singing section" then for noise generation with limited numbers the RRE would be best.

My own thoughts are that the breakdown of the new ground will be something like 2,500 behind each goal, 3,000 down one side and 4,000 in the new main stand. That being the case, I would like to see us have both ends and of course the main stand. That would leave the away fans on the side and give us an advantage with only home fans behind each goal. Maybe we as fans/the Trust/OWTB/supporters club or whoever could start something along these lines before plans are too far advanced.

Cheers,

Harry

Let's include a 'singing section' in each of the home parts of the stadium. Then like-minded fans could gather together and the shy ones, who are waiting for someone to start the singing, could join in. :OWTB1::comeon::bluearmy: