Would you consider signing?....

In Latics position would you consider signing a 23 year old 6' 3" centre forward for free from a 2nd Division club who has so far scored 7 goals from 15 appearances - roughly equating to 20 goals in a season......if so how about considering Chris O' Grady of Rochdale ? :wink:

Edited by BP1960

In Latics position would you consider signing a 23 year old 6' 3" centre forward from a 4th Division club who has so far scored 7 goals from 15 appearances - roughly equating to 20 goals in a season......if so how about considering Chris O' Grady of Rochdale ? :wink:

Not if he's been tried, tested and failed before.

In Latics position would you consider signing a 23 year old 6' 3" centre forward for free from a 2nd Division club who has so far scored 7 goals from 15 appearances - roughly equating to 20 goals in a season......if so how about considering Chris O' Grady of Rochdale ? :wink:

hes probably worth a recall but honestly cant see it - just think hes going to be one of those players who never really got a look in. Hes only found his feet at the bottom league maybe thats where hes destined to ply his trade

hes probably worth a recall but honestly cant see it - just think hes going to be one of those players who never really got a look in. Hes only found his feet at the bottom league maybe thats where hes destined to ply his trade

Might be worth keeping hold of then!!

I rate him personally, maybe not as the goalscorer we need (although his record at Dale so far isn't too shabby) but he's an excellent target man. And if he's hitting the net at the moment, then he certainly deserves a recall. Got to be better than what we've presently got... (Abbott excluded, of course)

I suspect he isn't the answer, but my God I wish he'd been in and around the squad in recent weeks.

In reference to the poor scoring record at Stockport (and Latics, although I think he only started 3 league games with us), I seem to recall Alan Shearer wasn't exactly prolific at Southampton but went on to be a great.

Now, if anybody else can improve on "O'Grady is a Shearerlike striker" I'd love to hear it!

Lewis "Gerd Muller" Alessandra?

Deane "van Basten" Smalley?

It makes me piss, how so many on here are satisfied that he's "never gonna make it" on the basis on having seen him play a handful of games.

Get him back in Jan and give him at least a dozen starts, in our team, playing alongside our players, then make your judgement.

Jesus, half an hour on Football Manager and they're all premiership scouts. :petesake:

I rate him personally, maybe not as the goalscorer we need (although his record at Dale so far isn't too shabby) but he's an excellent target man. And if he's hitting the net at the moment, then he certainly deserves a recall. Got to be better than what we've presently got... (Abbott excluded, of course)

I really like O'Grady - goal shy yes but he works his bollocks off and shows glimpes of real quality. Goals could yet come (and maybe are doing). I can't understand why it hasn't happened for him here - though not the right sort of partner for Pav he would have been the ideal replacement over recent weeks.