Oldham Scotland

Being a clown on the Chron site as usual. Typical short-sighted Oldhamer....but the Chron take his comments almost daily and put them in the actual paper...

They have cut the staff on the pitch but the growing minions behind the scenes and the new appointments, must add to the wage bill, that money could have been better spent on player on the pitch to improve performance, win games and increase crowds and revenues, and perhaps sell a few more pies, providing they can order enough, as even the basics they cannot get right.

Being a clown on the Chron site as usual. Typical short-sighted Oldhamer....but the Chron take his comments almost daily and put them in the actual paper...

They have cut the staff on the pitch but the growing minions behind the scenes and the new appointments, must add to the wage bill, that money could have been better spent on player on the pitch to improve performance, win games and increase crowds and revenues, and perhaps sell a few more pies, providing they can order enough, as even the basics they cannot get right.

The bloke / person is a grade A pratt !!!!

The club is massively short staffed behind the scenes has he puts it ... Thats been half the problem with the club !!!

The club is massively short staffed behind the scenes has he puts it ... Thats been half the problem with the club !!!

Either he thinks the new appointments are on serious money, or he believes that young players - or most of our squad are still being on pittance - there's not much of a footballer you can get with say £30'000 a year!

Even if the new guy is on say £50-£60k a year, there's still not a lot of quality that you can buy with that!

He may be a prat but he has a point about a couple of things- the pies for one. Plus how many clubs at this level have a full-time goalkeeping coach who does nothing else?

He may be a prat but he has a point about a couple of things- the pies for one. Plus how many clubs at this level have a full-time goalkeeping coach who does nothing else?

what else should a full time goal keeping coach do? and pies=heart failure there doing us a favour lol

I think you may find that Collett wipes the seats clean of pigeon crap midweek before games !!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

Well sounds about as plausible as being a Goal Keeper coach with our performances :grin:

Does he have a point about the expenditure decreasing each year?

Or has be assumed the fact the debts are decreasing meaning automatically squad costs are?

I seem to recall that last years squad and loanees felt quite expensive.

I thought he was talking a load of tosh as usual. A classic example of a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. And he is in serious need of prozac. Not our esteemed Mr Memory on here, but yer actual tablets.

He may be a prat but he has a point about a couple of things- the pies for one.

I don't eat pies at home matches, because I have a good lunch before going to BP. I'm curious genuinely about what fans think would be the ideal scenario to avoid complaints about pies. Presuming they're cooked well and taste good, what can the caterers do to satisfy all pie-eaters? How can they ensure that there will be sufficient pies to meet demand before and during the game and at half-time?

At the theatre they operate a system where you reserve your drink for the interval and pay for it before the show starts. Could a similar system operate at BP, with fans presenting their receipt and being handed their pies at the start of half-time? This would reduce the queue, leaving only those who haven't pre-ordered.

Do I need to consult Wigan on this one? :unsure:

I don't eat pies at home matches, because I have a good lunch before going to BP. I'm curious genuinely about what fans think would be the ideal scenario to avoid complaints about pies. Presuming they're cooked well and taste good, what can the caterers do to satisfy all pie-eaters? How can they ensure that there will be sufficient pies to meet demand before and during the game and at half-time?

At the theatre they operate a system where you reserve your drink for the interval and pay for it before the show starts. Could a similar system operate at BP, with fans presenting their receipt and being handed their pies at the start of half-time? This would reduce the queue, leaving only those who haven't pre-ordered.

I have, "a good lunch," before every match I attend, home or away. It's the only thing that gets me through.

It's all been said before - insufficient points of sale, hence queues for longer than the half time break. Mobile retailers seem to be an obvious winner here. Makes no odds if there just isn't enough room to cook the product at the right time like, but if it gets some punters to buy during the first half without having to go right out of the stand and miss play then they will do that, freeing up oven space to heat for half time.

Running out of pies 15 minutes after the start of the second half is not that much of a deal, running out of pies before half-time is. The company need to get their orders right, for example for those games where the away fans have th large bit of the RRE more people will be in the chaddy, but does the chaddy order more pies to compensate it seems highly unlikely on past experience.

They used to do a pre-order thing for beer in the Lookers this meant that those who wanted a guaranteed alcoholic drink at half-time could get one and quite a few people could still get served if they made their minds up late or forgot. Pies wouldn't be too hard to run in a similar manner- you may be onto something here Diego- after all I would think most of the pies are cooked beforehand and kept warm, so if people are pre-ordering why not bung the same amount in the oven during the first half as I would expect them to be ready for half-time then.

I too have a good lunch before I go but a few pints and some magic Coke later I'm often hungry.

the goal keeping coach at Latics is on 40 K a year!!!! no joke

I maintain I was advocating the consumption of magic coke in the Chaddy end long before it was made de rigeur by LeesLover.

As it happens I saw a respectably dressed middle-aged lady in the Starbucks in Croydon's shopping centre at about half 11 this morning (it's a pedestrian area so you don't have to buy an overpriced coffee) sitting with a plastic glass and the remains of a 2 litre coke bottle. She appeared unsteady on her seat and was slurring the words she was saying to nobody in particular. Respect.