The New Stadium

Barryowen

I do not want to patronise anyone but this site has been responsible for some excellent points that have been raised in the past few months about the new stadium. As with anything that presents change a great deal of fear has become attached to the topic.

Next week is the ideal opportunity for fans to attend and speak about their ideas and concerns about the development. Let me say from the outset that the meeting with FRAG last night was not as provocative as suggested in the Oldham Chron.

Someone has mentioned about PR and the club has employed a consultancy company who will drive the process through each stage. You will have the opportunity to meet the lady who is fronting the effort for the club at next weeks meeting.

I have had initial talks with Richard Atwood and have yet to clear matters with the club, but I believe that it may be possible to set a link up for fans who live many miles away but who may wish to pose a question. Richards knows better than I do but it works something similiar to the Skype system.

Some of you have mentioned e mailing Alan Hardy about issues but I have to tell you that Alan will be unavailable for a while. In that case you can contact myself directly or through Richard if you have any pressing points or questions you want to raise.

The new development is the largest event many of us will ever witness at the club and I urge as many of you to attend as possible. You may not have any specific questions you want to ask but you will be able to gauge opinions on the night and have a far better insight into what is being planned.

The consultation process being adopted has many stages and fans will be given equal priority has these occur.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any individual concerns.

Regards

Barry

I do not want to patronise anyone but this site has been responsible for some excellent points that have been raised in the past few months about the new stadium. As with anything that presents change a great deal of fear has become attached to the topic.

Next week is the ideal opportunity for fans to attend and speak about their ideas and concerns about the development. Let me say from the outset that the meeting with FRAG last night was not as provocative as suggested in the Oldham Chron.

Someone has mentioned about PR and the club has employed a consultancy company who will drive the process through each stage. You will have the opportunity to meet the lady who is fronting the effort for the club at next weeks meeting.

I have had initial talks with Richard Atwood and have yet to clear matters with the club, but I believe that it may be possible to set a link up for fans who live many miles away but who may wish to pose a question. Richards knows better than I do but it works something similiar to the Skype system.

Some of you have mentioned e mailing Alan Hardy about issues but I have to tell you that Alan will be unavailable for a while. In that case you can contact myself directly or through Richard if you have any pressing points or questions you want to raise.

The new development is the largest event many of us will ever witness at the club and I urge as many of you to attend as possible. You may not have any specific questions you want to ask but you will be able to gauge opinions on the night and have a far better insight into what is being planned.

The consultation process being adopted has many stages and fans will be given equal priority has these occur.

Regards

Barry

Hello

Barry i like to say that there is no need of moving to a new ground because all we will get is alot of fans not coming to the games most off them will be against it like many are now sadly to say

Why is Alan Hardy not free to email fans its the fans who run the club in many ways i dont want to sound silly but you should read on here and other forum that fans are not happy with this plan.

Its time that Simon Corney sells his shares and pass it to a other owner who would help us out so we can get boundary park build the real oldham home with alot of memorys inside boundary park

please reply to this thanks.

Also please can you clear this up is dave penney job safe or not because i heard darren ferguson may come in because some fans were talking about this at the leeds games

Edited by RoyleArmy

Regards

Barry

PM sent regarding 10k capacity rumour...

Hello

Barry i like to say that there is no need of moving to a new ground because all we will get is alot of fans not coming to the games most off them will be against it like many are now sadly to say

Why is Alan Hardy not free to email fans its the fans who run the club in many ways i dont want to sound silly but you should read on here and other forum that fans are not happy with this plan.

Its time that Simon Corney sells his shares and pass it to a other owner who would help us out so we can get boundary park build the real oldham home with alot of memorys inside boundary park

Also please can you clear this up is dave penney job safe or not because i heard darren ferguson may come in because some fans were talking about this at the leeds games

Do us all a favour and stop posting garbage.

am against the new stadium people have there own option like i have thank you nobody can changed that for me i see what reply barry owen gives.

I would not hold your breath. There was not much to reply to and the ghost has left the building.

Edited by oafc0000

Regards

Barry

Nice to know your still alive Barry as a fans representative you seem very quiet and seem to contribute very little.

Barry,

I think most fans now feel after many consultations and the many plans (that at the time was THE PLAN) have lost all faith and can no longer be bothered to attend. Worst still feel they are being conned and made to look silly after being made to look silly. You can only disappoint people so many times.

Get well soon Alan Hardy best wishes Lags.

Hello

All the polls done on here suggest that most people will still come to the new ground. So, where are you getting the idea that most will not?

Barry,

I think most fans now feel after many consultations and the many plans (that at the time was THE PLAN) have lost all faith and can no longer be bothered to attend. Worst still feel they are being conned and made to look silly after being made to look silly. You can only disappoint people so many times.

Get well soon Alan Hardy best wishes Lags.

+1

The stadium saga is probably one of the reasons for the drop in attendances. People are just sick and tired of it all.

Zzzzz. Politicians reply, rather than a fans representatives reply IMO.

It was a simple factual question as well...

ME:

Fancy commenting on the 10,000 capacity rumour ? Apparently SC said the stadium will be between 10 and 11k to the failsworth lot last night...

BARRY:

I am sure Simon C. will address the capacity issues next week.

Alan Hardy out of the office and he says come to me with your questions. So I did and that was the answer...

I have pushed for a proper response. I wont hold my breath.

Edited by oafc0000

I have asked Barry the direct question regarding the stadium capacity and he has chosen to defer answers regarding the stadium capacity to the meeting on the 9th...

10K it is then....for now. 8K if it ever hits planet earth. Rochdale ground share I can feel it looming.

10K it is then....for now.

What else can you presume ? I think people who say you have to wait for the plans have a point. But when you have people saying SC said it will be 10 to 11k and then you ask officials at the meeting to comment, and they wont... What else can you presume ?

I honestly hope its all bollox. 12k was too small but I could live with it. 10k... :petesake:

What else can you presume ? I think people who say you have to wait for the plans have a point. But when you have people saying SC said it will be 10 to 11k and then you ask officials at the meeting to comment, and they wont... What else can you presume ?

I honestly hope its all bollox. 12k was too small but I could live with it. 10k... :petesake:

think this is the first time i have said anything negative about failsworth . . . when i read the 10k last night was dissapointed but realistic didnt hear the attendance last night but with 4500ish away fans doubt we managed 10k so it is enough for now but when i went on to read that corney said that expansion would be difficult i was dismayed. y spend millions on moving to a ground with no prospect of expansion when aparantly the club want to push on. it increasingly seems that corpral jones and his predictions are going to start coming true

think this is the first time i have said anything negative about failsworth . . . when i read the 10k last night was dissapointed but realistic didnt hear the attendance last night but with 4500ish away fans doubt we managed 10k so it is enough for now but when i went on to read that corney said that expansion would be difficult i was dismayed. y spend millions on moving to a ground with no prospect of expansion when aparantly the club want to push on. it increasingly seems that corpral jones and his predictions are going to start coming true

As I've said before, several have come true already.

The thing is, it isn't at all difficult to make these predictions. We've so much to base them on already.

The reason we are getting 12000 (or 10000) seats is because the most the club is hoping for is the odd season in the division above (doubtful in the extreme as things are looking anyway). This will not justify any need for expansion. Therefore the club can afford to say anything it wants about expansion, safe in the knowledge that it will never be required. Although the comments about 'difficulties' in expanding might indicate a recognition of a limit on how many never-to-be-fulfilled promises can be made.

Although the comments about 'difficulties' in expanding might indicate a recognition of a limit on how many never-to-be-fulfilled promises can be made.

It would now seems that the SC response was more to do with the very real issue of actually being able to fund further development rather than the actual technicalities around actually doing it.

The idea being pushed by some that you expand once your getting full houses is a tad unrealistic. You would need to secure capital from some outside source one would presume as the money from attendances will no doubt be going on players wages etc. Then you have to ask yourself how do you pay that money back...

It would now seems that the SC response was more to do with the very real issue of actually being able to fund further development rather than the actual technicalities around actually doing it.

The idea being pushed by some that you expand once your getting full houses is a tad unrealistic. You would need to secure capital from some outside source one would presume as the money from attendances will no doubt be going on players wages etc. Then you have to ask yourself how do you pay that money back...

Or sell Earl Barrett (mind you that wasn't expansion, it was reduction!!).

Do you think we will ever have the Kelvin Lomax Stand? :lol:

Awaits comments from the usual suspects as to why 12000 (or 10000) is sufficient, apparently oblivious to how, as ambition gutters and dies, crowds will only get smaller still.

Edited by Corporal_Jones