Latest Stadium News

ive said this before, because its a 4 sided does it have to built on site, or can it be brought on the back of a lorry like McDonalds do and just plonked down :wink:

maybe tangerinedreams can transport it? :grin:

what a joke this is, i thought it was going to be 'unique'?

pack of lies :disappointed:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive said this before, because its a 4 sided does it have to built on site, or can it be brought on the back of a lorry like McDonalds do and just plonked down :wink:

I think the statement was a long the lines of "we will look at making it unique"... Its all part of the kangaroo consultation process :)

Lets knock down the main stand. Build a new main stand on the lookers side and a new lesser stand in place of the main stand currently. Slap a new roof on the chaddy and stay put. If the TTA make a bit of cash outta the surrounding land and bail I'd smile and wave a cheerio.

Makes perfect sense to me that, I can't see why it is not being considered.

Makes perfect sense to me that, I can't see why it is not being considered.

As long as the new main stand which would replace the lookers contained conference facilities and such like I would be interested in taking that...

Edited by oafc0000

Here is what I guess the new stadium will be like, Colchester's has a 10,000 capacity extendable to 18,000.

I feel Colchester won't extend it, just as the Corp fears Latics won't with theirs once it's built.

Colchester's stadium

stadium_visual.jpg

Come on, I mean really, how unimpressive is that?! But, looks like this is where we are heading.

Pardon? You want to build a stand but delay the measure of bolting in a few thousand plastic seats?

Strewth.

no i dont want to build a stand.

i want to build a ground with four sides but instead of leaving all open at the corners,i want them to fill corners,but not install seating in the corner areas,so that when the time does come to expand,the building is already done,all we have to do is install the seating.....is that a bit clearer for you or am i wasting my time

no i dont want to build a stand.

i want to build a ground with four sides but instead of leaving all open at the corners,i want them to fill corners,but not install seating in the corner areas,so that when the time does come to expand,the building is already done,all we have to do is install the seating.....is that a bit clearer for you or am i wasting my time

The idea of windshields in the 4 corners is a good one, put it to the planners at meeting.

Not sure who used the word unique.

And not sure how you can make a stadium unique, what did you envisage?

There was a stadium thread off the back off the comments... Can not be arsed to dig it out...

I think a question was asked at the consultation and AH said they would look into it... No doubt Diego is the man to confirm the exact details...

As long as the new main stand which would replace the lookers contained conference facilities and such like I would be interested in taking that...

We are agreeing far too much here 0000 :grin: ........ yes ANY stadium plan must have the provison of providing incomes streams other than from football, otherwise it is totally unacceptable!

it was something along these lines SC and AH said 'the new stadium wont be a flat pack stadium, it will be unique' - or something like that

I think from that response we can picture what the ground will look like. No bowl, Four separate stands, equal in height. Pretty much the same we have seen at other community stadiums.

so an identikit stadium to bp then if were having open corners.....

…This does fill me with a huge amount of worry about the aesthetics of the statium.

Here is what I guess the new stadium will be like, Colchester's has a 10,000 capacity extendable to 18,000.

By the sounds of it this is what we will be getting...

Come on, I mean really, how unimpressive is that?! But, looks like this is where we are heading.

If we build a ground with no character like Colchester then I'm afraid I shall not be bothering travelling to Failsworth to watch the club play. I hate little tin pot souless grounds like that and to me it would be a slap in the face in terms of what they think the club means to the fans. …

There was a stadium thread off the back off the comments... Can not be arsed to dig it out...

I think a question was asked at the consultation and AH said they would look into it... No doubt Diego is the man to confirm the exact details...

I can be arsed because I’d rather rely on what we’ve been told from the horse’s mouth until it’s proved to be wrong, instead of the more enjoyable sport of criticising what is after all only speculation by putting two and two together and making five.

The thread started with an email from AH which seemed to be quite positive news.

The other quotes of Simon Corney, which have seemed positive are: :

“This new vision gives us an opportunity to provide a facility that will create new revenue streams to make the club financially viable and self-sustaining, whilst also giving supporters a superior match-day experience.”

“We do not want a "flat pack" stadium, we want to build something that looks unique or at least has the potential to look unique, we will have parts of the new stadium that will not be seen commonly elsewhere”.

“We are genuinely trying to do the right thing for the town.”

“We are putting our life savings into this and will make it work.”

If the rarely wrong Chron is to be believed, it is planned to hold three public consultation sessions, including an exhibition, and to take on board concerns before a planning application is drawn up in several months’ time.

This is one point which has emerged which must affect the proposed timetable. Previously SC said:

“We want to be in the new stadium by 2011/2012 but a delay of two months could put us back a year. We have to get through architects, council meetings, planning, environmental issues before any building starts.”

This was on the basis of a detailed application being considered by the Borough’s Planning Committee by the end of 2009, which now seems to be impossible because of the stated consultation process.

This thread has been hijacked by the four open corners opposition, in spite of the facts that open corners are good for the condition of the pitch and generally the temperature in Failsworth is higher and wind speed lower than at ISZ.

In spite of over 600 views of this thread, what amazes me is that nobody has bothered to welcome the good news from AH that “Obviously increased and better facilities for fans plus conferencing and banqueting will help us to bring in more off field revenue to invest into the team.”

I thought the idea of the non-football revenue-producing facilities was to make the club financially viable and self-sustaining. So to do that and invest into the team is fantastic news. Obviously no one will be more amazed than me if it all comes true, but it's certainly worthy of a positive comment at this stage, when everthing surrounding the Club is so depressing.

Also the word "obviously" means to me that AH is saying that TTA are men of their words.

I still await patiently details of how all this is planned to come together, but I;m grateful for 0000 taking the trouble to find out this good news from AH.

I’d rather rely on what we’ve been told from the horse’s mouth until it’s proved to be wrong, instead of the more enjoyable sport of criticising what is after all only speculation by putting two and two together and making five.

Thank you DS. The spread of surmise , interpretation, and wild conjecture has been a little like wildfire. I hoped that most, if not all, of those who have been so concerned will be at the meeting next week. I know of some who have chosen not to be.

...In spite of over 600 views of this thread, what amazes me is that nobody has bothered to welcome the good news from AH that “Obviously increased and better facilities for fans plus conferencing and banqueting will help us to bring in more off field revenue to invest into the team.”

I thought the idea of the non-football revenue-producing facilities was to make the club financially viable and self-sustaining. So to do that and invest into the team is fantastic news. Obviously no one will be more amazed than me if it all comes true, but it's certainly worthy of a positive comment at this stage, when everthing surrounding the Club is so depressing.

Over 700 views now and still no welcome given to the good news. Truly amazing! :blink:

all, of those who have been so concerned will be at the meeting next week. I know of some who have chosen not to be.

Exactly Pete people who have concerns about the stadium have nothing to lose by going asking the questions to the powers that be next week who knows you may get the answers to the questions you pose don't ask don't get.

Exactly Pete people who have concerns about the stadium have nothing to lose by going asking the questions to the powers that be next week who knows you may get the answers to the questions you pose don't ask don't get.

do you not think that even the most awkward questions that was thrown at them would change anything?

they have the plan..its gonna happen the way they want it and by agreeing to the council and planning..whether everyone likes it or not.

its a bloody shame i cant make it next week..gutted.

...let's carry on speculating regardless. :blink:

Your attempt to suppress people from speculating is never going to win the day... Its totally natural to wonder about what future has in store... If you have a problem with speculation then maybe a public messageboard is not the place for you. Likewise any sort of national newspaper may upset you as well.

Your attempt to suppress people from speculating is never going to win the day... Its totally natural to wonder about what future has in store... If you have a problem with speculation then maybe a public messageboard is not the place for you. Likewise any sort of national newspaper may upset you as well.

If you don't like me dealing in what we know, rather than what people think they know, then that's your problem.

If you don't like me dealing in what we know, rather than what people think they know, then that's your problem.

I am one of a few attempting to find out what is going on. Then we have people like you are quite aggressively attacking people for doing that.

I think its dangerous just to sit back and hope it all works out. I think its right to push, question and raise your concerns. Now and after the plans are out there. It can do no harm.

Edited by oafc0000