Back and some what happy

Back from London... Was gutted to have to miss the meeting...

I checked the site the last couple of days but was using my Iphone and it was somewhat difficult to get a full grasp of what had been asked / said. At first I thought it was a bit of a wasted opportunity but having read everything now I think the meeting went quite well. I liked a lot of what was said at the meeting. I now wait impatiently for the full plans so I can hopefully back it...

One of my worries is the ownership of the ground. Read this on the official site:

Question:

Will Oldham see the proceeds of the surrounding facilities from the club?

IH:

The Aerospace land will be owned by the company who currently own the football club whilst a second section will be on a long term lease hold from the Council.

Question:

Does the land belong to the Club or Council?

SC: The Club will own the development.

Now this is conflicting is it not... Will the club own the development or will TTAs other company own the development ? I am guessing it their other company...

Back from London... Was gutted to have to miss the meeting...

I checked the site the last couple of days but was using my Iphone and it was somewhat difficult to get a full grasp of what had been asked / said. At first I thought it was a bit of a wasted opportunity but having read everything now I think the meeting went quite well. I liked a lot of what was said at the meeting. I now wait impatiently for the full plans so I can hopefully back it...

One of my worries is the ownership of the ground. Read this on the official site:

Question:

IH:

The Aerospace land will be owned by the company who currently own the football club whilst a second section will be on a long term lease hold from the Council.

Question:

Now this is conflicting is it not... Will the club own the development or will TTAs other company own the development ? I am guessing it their other company...

I was the one who tried to ask that question 0000 and I think they deliberately tried to dodge it. I asked "it was said the club will own the stadium, who will own the rest"? The next forum they have they will have some stadium designs/sketches of what will be on the site etc.

One thing IH did say was how Norwich City own their stadium, but everything else is Delia this, Delia that, and that even with 26k attendances, that doesnt cover their wage bill and if directors stopped puting their £££ in tomorrow, and given their level of debt (which is owed to financial institutions) they would be in trouble. He went onto say we are looking to generate the cash ourselves with the facilities we will have on there, hence I can only presume that some of the profits from the other facilities will be going into the club, they just didnt clarify how much.

I was the one who tried to ask that question 0000 and I think they deliberately tried to dodge it. I asked "it was said the club will own the stadium, who will own the rest"? The next forum they have they will have some stadium designs/sketches of what will be on the site etc.

One thing IH did say was how Norwich City own their stadium, but everything else is Delia this, Delia that, and that even with 26k attendances, that doesnt cover their wage bill and if directors stopped puting their £££ in tomorrow, and given their level of debt (which is owed to financial institutions) they would be in trouble. He went onto say we are looking to generate the cash ourselves with the facilities we will have on there, hence I can only presume that some of the profits from the other facilities will be going into the club, they just didnt clarify how much.

Thanks for pushing these types of questions. I firmly believe these are the important ones to be asking...

Question:

IH:

Question:

This is my biggest concern about the development. The stadium is due to be built on the land below Memorial Park which, will remain council owned. A long-term (100's of years) lease at a nominal ground rent of £20k per annum is proposed, which, I think most will agree, is a very favourable deal.

However, I'm not sure how OAFC (2004) Ltd would benefit from the BA land (the bigger bit) on a permanent and ongoing basis. Plans for leisure, office and retail facilities will only benefit the owners of the land (the company that owns the shares in OAFC (2004) Ltd) and any throughput of income to the club would be at the discretion of the that company's directors and could be discontinued at any point.

This is my biggest concern about the development. The stadium is due to be built on the land below Memorial Park which, will remain council owned. A long-term (100's of years) lease at a nominal ground rent of £20k per annum is proposed, which, I think most will agree, is a very favourable deal.

However, I'm not sure how OAFC (2004) Ltd would benefit from the BA land (the bigger bit) on a permanent and ongoing basis. Plans for leisure, office and retail facilities will only benefit the owners of the land (the company that owns the shares in OAFC (2004) Ltd) and any throughput of income to the club would be at the discretion of the that company's directors and could be discontinued at any point.

Would it actually matter if they were in the club, TTA own OAFC and so if they wanted to could sell off or move the leisure/retail activities anyway?

the development is being built on former aerospace land and oldham council owned land...

until we see the plans and the layout we are once again guessing as to how it will unfold.

maybe the stadium will be built on part of the council land along with maybe carparking etc..but the major development part to make us self sufficient may be built on former aerospace land which tta now own,meaning as its there land,they or us reap the rewards from that part of it.

the development is being built on former aerospace land and oldham council owned land...

until we see the plans and the layout we are once again guessing as to how it will unfold.

maybe the stadium will be built on part of the council land along with maybe carparking etc..but the major development part to make us self sufficient may be built on former aerospace land which tta now own,meaning as its there land,they or us reap the rewards from that part of it.

The stadium is going on the bit owned by the lancaster club I think (the bit which we now own)

The other development is going on the othe rhalf (the bit we are leasing from the council