American Girls

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you something this whole sorry tale has taught me.

I used to think it was Americans who were gullible... :lol:

:)

The whole thing its taught me is that Oldhamers really do not travel much. All this excitement over some yanks :D Its like the first foreigner to these lands has just arrived or something... It was like yeah, they are from Cali but who gives a :censored: ? I am from Oldham...does anyone care when I got to watch the Giants...not really...where was my fecking red carpet!!! arseholes...

Edited by oafc0000

The whole thing its taught me is that Oldhamers really do not travel much. All this excitement over some yanks :D Its like the first foreigner to these lands has just arrived or something... It was like yeah, they are from Cali but who gives a :censored: ? I am from Oldham...does anyone care when I got to watch the Giants...not really...where was fecking red carpet!!! arseholes...

You're not a bit of crumpet, though.

The whole thing its taught me is that Oldhamers really do not travel much. All this excitement over some yanks :D Its like the first foreigner to these lands has just arrived or something...

Well I guess that makes us one better then Hartlepool - at least we didn't hang 'em. :wink:

All I’m sure of from all of this is that if what we (roughly) think happened is true and I was Mr Corney, I would have spent the last three days kicking Worthy’s arse up and down Sheepfoot Lane for not making it apparent several months ago that he thought it might cause trouble, because it would have saved a lot of people (SC included) a lot of bother. Incidentally I think it’s equally silly that there seems to be a competition to show how little you ever cared about all of this as it was some people taking the whole business a bit too seriously, there is a middle ground you know. For myself I didn’t for a second think that the girls were going to be queuing in the hope of getting the 15999 and 16000th seat for a Tuesday evening match against Plymouth at the Failsworth Astrodome in 2050 and a large part of me was half expecting it to be revealed as some enormous spoof up to the final second, but I was intrigued as to WTF was going on – and I try to take people as I find them and they didn’t seem to be crazed axe-murderers, I think it is perfectly possible that they developed an affection for the club aside from particular players at it.

And on one point – we have lifelong fans who have stopped going because they can’t get a pie/we signed Lee Hughes/the Lookers is down/they can’t smoke/we’re moving to Manchester/too long in this division/too many Jews (OK, I made that one up)/no atmosphere/Dean Brill/Dave Penney/too expensive/chavs/not allowed to stand/moaners and a million other reasons, none of which are quite as big a final straw as being told to piss off after you’ve flown transatlantic, so I wouldn’t judge so harshly on that.

Anyway, as we were...

Anyway, as we were...

Quite. The club aren't going to issue a release about it or anything like that. It's all supposition from each and every one of us.

It's been a nice little distraction from work though, eh?

I'm sick to the back teeth with it all.

If yank girls poncing around wasn't enough now there's threads and threads of people either telling me how to judge people, singing their praises, or griping *d'oh!*

Yaaaaaa what the fck, another thread that makes me vomit. I can say that can't I? Without alerting The Dignity Correction Enforcers? Yaaaaaaaa fk it. Off out.

If yank girls poncing around wasn't enough now there's threads and threads of people either telling me how to judge people, singing their praises, or griping *d'oh!*

Yaaaaaa what the fck, another thread that makes me vomit. I can say that can't I? Without alerting The Dignity Correction Enforcers? Yaaaaaaaa fk it. Off out.

Does your reg plate read "D-FENS"?

All I’m sure of from all of this is that if what we (roughly) think happened is true and I was Mr Corney, I would have spent the last three days kicking Worthy’s arse up and down Sheepfoot Lane for not making it apparent several months ago that he thought it might cause trouble, because it would have saved a lot of people (SC included) a lot of bother. Incidentally I think it’s equally silly that there seems to be a competition to show how little you ever cared about all of this as it was some people taking the whole business a bit too seriously, there is a middle ground you know. For myself I didn’t for a second think that the girls were going to be queuing in the hope of getting the 15999 and 16000th seat for a Tuesday evening match against Plymouth at the Failsworth Astrodome in 2050 and a large part of me was half expecting it to be revealed as some enormous spoof up to the final second, but I was intrigued as to WTF was going on – and I try to take people as I find them and they didn’t seem to be crazed axe-murderers, I think it is perfectly possible that they developed an affection for the club aside from particular players at it.

And on one point – we have lifelong fans who have stopped going because they can’t get a pie/we signed Lee Hughes/the Lookers is down/they can’t smoke/we’re moving to Manchester/too long in this division/too many Jews (OK, I made that one up)/no atmosphere/Dean Brill/Dave Penney/too expensive/chavs/not allowed to stand/moaners and a million other reasons, none of which are quite as big a final straw as being told to piss off after you’ve flown transatlantic, so I wouldn’t judge so harshly on that.

Anyway, as we were...

You missed out Wilf Mannion, I noticed, I thought it was the correct order, highest number first.

Flaming hell rummy. with a tant like that, you must be part American.... :grin:

...Incidentally I think it’s equally silly that there seems to be a competition to show how little you ever cared about all of this as it was some people taking the whole business a bit too seriously, there is a middle ground you know. ... I try to take people as I find them and they didn’t seem to be crazed axe-murderers, I think it is perfectly possible that they developed an affection for the club aside from particular players at it.

And on one point – we have lifelong fans who have stopped going because they can’t get a pie/we signed Lee Hughes/the Lookers is down/they can’t smoke/we’re moving to Manchester/too long in this division/no atmosphere/Dean Brill/Dave Penney/too expensive/chavs/not allowed to stand/moaners and a million other reasons, none of which are quite as big a final straw as being told to piss off after you’ve flown transatlantic, so I wouldn’t judge so harshly on that.

Good points well made!

If no other good came from the girls' visit, I'm grateful to Amber for giving me medical reassurance on a question affecting a member of my family, which I raised with her in the pub on Saturday. B)

Good points well made!

If no other good came from the girls' visit, I'm grateful to Amber for giving me medical reassurance on a question affecting a member of my family, which I raised with her in the pub on Saturday. B)

Shame we have no aspiring Medics already on the board who you could have asked :unsure: