Disgrace!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 years and never even thought of going in the lounge. Don't think I know a Latics fan who has, to be honest.

I have, when Alan Hardy invited me and two others to see how 'foolproof' attendance compilation is after we questioned the crowd numbers v Man City during the summer of Hell. Board Room was tiny players lounge? Dark and Pokey with a bar and a half-time buffet (although BT scrapped half of the lounge in favour of a small gym and warm up area) It was an eye opener to see behind the scenes, the players tunnel etc and even inside the police box and the offices that used to be at the back of the Lookers Stand. Whilst I'm not exactly doing cartwheels about the move to Failsworth, looking back I can't think of a better advert for new facilities!

Correction... Now I actually know where the "players" lounge is I have been in there... Never realised it was called the players lounge though. It really is nothing special.

..... and thats bigging it up :lol: Been going in it reguarly for many years .. it's not changed much over time and it really isn't that special. Not sure players even go in to it these days, usually straight off.

Absolute bull:censored:. Me and a couple of my pals had a chat with them in there. The only immature pricks on here are the ones who think if you talk to a bird you are after shagging her.

There was no jostling for position at all. If this was a couple of geezers who had been promised the red carpet treatment (after flying that distance to watch the :censored: we serve up) by the tossers who run our club and then turned away from the ground you would be saying it was out of order.

They were picked up at 5am by Corney in London last Wednesday, who then booked them into hotels down there, and then Hardy takes over and checks them into the Village at Ashton Moss approaching the game. The club asks them to do the half time draw only to then tell them they are not welcome in the ground............ not good is it?

I just think its a very dangerous situation when the manager and second rate players get to decide who they want to come to support the team, after all we need as many fans we can get at the moment.

At reading this, I imagine Bob to be sat down, note pad at hand, making a list of requests ahead of his next visit to Boundary Park. He'd be a fool not to! :wink:

I can't bite my tongue any longer! Some of you guys on here really are women hatting grumpy old men! From the start, I have known that I will not be meeting Sara & Amber whilst on their trip to England. I have, however, spoken to Sara on Skype occasionally and to say she is a pleasure to speak to is an understatement! I do not know where some of his hatred towards the girls has come from but it is becoming pretty pathetic! These girls have travelled 6000 miles to see latics play and all you can do is complain about how they are attention seeking wanna be WAGS! They didn't set out to gain attention, more so it was thrust upon them. Let me ask you, If you visted America to watch a relatievly unknown team and media attention was thrust upon you would you shy away from it or enjoy your five minutes in the spotlight and even use the situation to your advantage? Yes I agree they should have paid at the turnstile but they were offended and made a knee kerk reaction, such is life! We have all made the wrong decision on the spare of the moment.

BTW, if any you wish to label me a Sara & Amber lover then please feel free, but I will expect you to explain your reasons through a face to face discussion when I am home for xmas. That is if you care to gather all the facts and come away from behind your computers!

Edited by laticsmad

BTW, if any you wish to label me a Sara & Amber lover then please feel free, but I will expect you to explain your reasons through a face to face discussion when I am home for xmas. That is if you care to gather all the facts and come away from behind your computers!

Fight! Fight! Fight! :grin:

I feel its a bit harsh labelling the two Yankee girls as WAGS- its not like they will be poor if they don't marry a footballer, unlike the likes of Colleen and Alex Curran. Sara is supposed to be richer than TTA (or her Dad is) until a bad investment. They are both supposedly doing Medicine in the Caribbean- if they qualify and progress up the career ladder they will make more money in their career than a lot of our squad put together (more money than a doctor in this country at any rate). I don't know what happened yesterday but something obviously has occurred and I doubt we will get more than one side to the story- I can't see Worthy coming on here and posting summat. If they are still around in the country I'm sure they could make it to Wycombe- its not like that's very far from London- that way if they didn't see the game yesterday they will be able to see at least one Latics game.

you sound like alot of people on here. say it to my face blah blah blah. 4 people have said that to me on here and not one have met me.

Everyone has the right to put there opinion across on here.

you sound like alot of people on here. say it to my face blah blah blah. 4 people have said that to me on here and not one have met me.

Some of the alpha males among us want it all done on a face to face level :) I am a lover not a fighter :D

Where in my message does it say not everyone has a right to an opinion? Not offering anyone for a fight here, lol sorry if it sounded that way. However, yes I would quite happily, and preferably, discuss a subject on here with someone on a face to face basis! That way rubbish can not be spouted.

Edited by laticsmad