Laws leaves wendies

There's a lot of if's in that.

Firstly there will be several higher profile and more successful managers than Shez throwing their hats into the ring for that job.

Then there's the problem with Taylor being totally unsaleable at the minute due to him not being able to get fully fit for near on the full season.

The combination of the 2 makes me think this is highly unlikely.

Firstly there will be several higher profile and more successful managers than Shez throwing their hats into the ring for that job.

Then there's the problem with Taylor being totally unsaleable at the minute due to him not being able to get fully fit for near on the full season.

According to Talksport yesterday the board at Hillsborough have already met with Paul Jewell over him returning...

Re: Taylor

A lot of rumour and conjecture flying around at the moment, but the fact Penney has simply stated "we don't know when he's going to be fit" adds fuel to the fire. Namely he's already been sold. Another one is that he signed for Leeds after the deadline so has to remain here until January, for £400k - that's why he's reluctant to play and the explanation for the procession of 'injuries' and 'illness'.

Personally I think there's absolutely no truth in this, but we are talking about the soap opera that is Oldham Athletic and we can't hide from the fact that the Taylor situation is a strange one and until someone actually clarifies what this alternating 'injury' and 'illness' is whilst often being spotted out and there appearing to be sod all wrong with him will just add fuel to the fire.

Edited by oafcprozac

A lot of rumour and conjecture flying around at the moment, but the fact Penney has simply stated "we don't when he's going to be fit" adds fuel to the fire. Namely he's already been sold. Another one is that he signed for Leeds after the deadline so has to remain here until January, for £400k - that's why he's reluctant to play and the explanation for the procession of 'injuries' and 'illness'.

Personally I think there's absolutely no truth in this, but we are talking about the soap opera that is Oldham Athletic and we can't hide from the fcat that the Taylor situation is a strange one and until someone actually clarifies what this alternating 'injury' and 'illness' is whilst often being spotted out and there appearing to be sod all wrong with him will just add fuel to the fire.

More like the soap opera and rumour mill that is Oldham Athletic fans....

A lot of rumour and conjecture flying around at the moment, but the fact Penney has simply stated "we don't when he's going to be fit" adds fuel to the fire. Namely he's already been sold. Another one is that he signed for Leeds after the deadline so has to remain here until January, for £400k - that's why he's reluctant to play and the explanation for the procession of 'injuries' and 'illness'.

Personally I think there's absolutely no truth in this, but we are talking about the soap opera that is Oldham Athletic and we can't hide from the fcat that the Taylor situation is a strange one and until someone actually clarifies what this alternating 'injury' and 'illness' is whilst often being spotted out and there appearing to be sod all wrong with him will just add fuel to the fire.

Where's that one come from?

Isn't it just a case of the hip-flexor injury that he had hasn't been properly sorted / he was rushed back too soon; and as such when he has played a game it's flared up again meaning that he misses the next few games?

I'd be amazed if that in bold was the case - usually if a team wants a player but doesn't want to pay straight away; they take on loan with a view to a deal being done the window opens - Sean St Ledger from Preston to 'Boro would be an example at present......not buy them but let them stay at the current club, with said club then having to create various smoke screens of injuries to cover up.......can't see it at all myself.

Where's that one come from?

Isn't it just a case of the hip-flexor injury that he had hasn't been properly sorted / he was rushed back too soon; and as such when he has played a game it's flared up again meaning that he misses the next few games?

I'd be amazed if that in bold was the case - usually if a team wants a player but doesn't want to pay straight away; they take on loan with a view to a deal being done the window opens - Sean St Ledger from Preston to 'Boro would be an example at present......not buy them but let them stay at the current club, with said club then having to create various smoke screens of injuries to cover up.......can't see it at all myself.

As I say just a rumour from a fellow poster off here I was talking to in the pub, personally I think it's bollocks but it helps pass the time of day and we all love a good conspiracy theory in OWTB Land..

who cares who takes on the sheff wed job why cant we keep things related to oldham fc guys

As long as it is sensible, then.....

But who is this oldham fc you are talking about?

Told off by roylearmy for talking drivel :shock:

Was it not you talking about Joe Royle and Wardle? What is the difference...

Edited by singe

It was by a Sheffield football reporter on R5 this morning about 7.20am

my Sheff Wed supporting workmates dont want Sheridan, most of them want Steve Coppell, they also rate the caretaker boss now (cant remember what hes called)

he doesnt get mentioned in the Sheffield Star either

to be honest i think its a bit early for Sheridan to take the job, he will end there one day, and by that time Chris Taylor wont be a latics player anyway

my Sheff Wed supporting workmates dont want Sheridan, most of them want Steve Coppell, they also rate the caretaker boss now (cant remember what hes called)

he doesnt get mentioned in the Sheffield Star either

to be honest i think its a bit early for Sheridan to take the job, he will end there one day, and by that time Chris Taylor wont be a latics player anyway

McAuley caretaker boss, a mate from Uni is a Wednesdayite and he wants Coppell too....

Current SKYBET Odds

Worthington N 2/1 Sheridan J 16/1 Levein C 25/1

McAuley S 5/1 Taylor P 16/1 Sanchez L 33/1

Cotterill S 8/1 McAllister G 16/1 Nicol S 33/1

Ferguson D 10/1 Keegan K 20/1 Tisdale P 33/1

Burley G 10/1 Wilkinson H 20/1 Petrescu D 33/1

Hart P 10/1 Dowie I 25/1 Megson G 33/1

Southgate G 12/1 O'Leary D 25/1 Roeder G 40/1

Jewell P 12/1 O Driscoll S 25/1 Wilson D 40/1

Magilton J 14/1 Coppell S 25/1 Turner C 40/1

Clark L 16/1 Curbishley A 25/1 Adams T 40/1

Robins M 16/1

Shez has had 3 seasons as a boss and nowt to show for it and ended up moving down a division (and to a club Wednesday look down their noses at when they notice they are there). I think there is more to him as a manager than that but he just isn’t big-time enough for them to go there now I don’t think.

Would Petrescu leave a side he's molded into European contenders? Would Nicol leave his cushy life in the US?

O'Leary as an outside bet?

Sheff Wed are a Championship team and the Championship is supposed to be the fifth biggest league in Europe, in terms of attendances, some would argue that Wednesday are a bigger club than Unirea and Nicol although he has a custy life in the states would definately regard a Championship team as a step-up. In part though, I'm only saying they look good bets because they are long odds.

Wednesday are a nothing club. I wouldn’t manage them. They’re most famous for a tragedy happening at their stadium.

Got a pretty sweet clock mind.

Bit ironic coming from a supporter of a club striving to make its current lowly staus permanent?

I wish we had Wednesday's fanbase, which must be one of the top ten in the country.