Laws leaves wendies

Bit ironic coming from a supporter of a club striving to make its current lowly staus permanent?

I wish we had Wednesday's fanbase, which must be one of the top ten in the country.

'at least if we get relegated, we will have the biggest attendance figures in league one' one Wednesday fan said to me

how an Oldham fan can say Wednesday are a 'nothing club' beggars belief

That's twice today i've hopped on board the good ship Corp! :shock:

I accept you as a follower, my son.

Once worked in Sheffield for a while, and for clubs that have achieved little in a very long time, both Wednesday and united command surprisingly fanatical followings and have a rivalry as intense as that found between the Manchester or Liverpool clubs.

'at least if we get relegated, we will have the biggest attendance figures in league one' one Wednesday fan said to me

how an Oldham fan can say Wednesday are a 'nothing club' beggars belief

They are a nothing club though. They have never really won much.

As are we. They are better than us with a bigger fanbase but that isn’t hard. Their average attendances over the past few years are probably lower than Leeds’.

My point was that they are not a club going forward and aren’t likely to be. Sheffield United have taken their crown as the number one club in South Yorkshire.

As are we. They are better than us with a bigger fanbase but that isn’t hard. Their average attendances over the past few years are probably lower than Leeds’.

My point was that they are not a club going forward and aren’t likely to be. Sheffield United have taken their crown as the number one club in South Yorkshire.

They are four times champions in the top flight and three times FA Cup winners. Albeit this was a long time ago. They are one of those clubs whose glory years belong to the pre-WW2 era, a big club when the likes of ManUre and Liverpool were also-rans.

They have a new owner who's promised to bring investment to the club and seems to be frustrating the fans in so far failing to do so. If he did bring significant investment they could be a force. They're easily capable of 40000 average gates.

With bryan laws leaving wendies by "mutual consent " shez must be one of the favourites to take his place ?

Would taylor go there in jan if he did ?

Discuss

Classic blinkered latic view! :lol:

Was at the races yesterday so got a copy of Racing Post. Full list of odds for the Sheff Weds job and Sheridan wasn't even on it.

Next!!

im not sticking up for wednesday or owt because i dont really care

if they are a nothing club, i dread to think what people think of ours then!

if they where a one team city, like Leeds, then they would have more fans IMO

they have just secured funding to increase capacity at Hillsborough, new manager who will have funds to spend, championship football, they wont go down.

they are in a much better position than us thats for sure!

Classic blinkered latic view! :lol:

Was at the races yesterday so got a copy of Racing Post. Full list of odds for the Sheff Weds job and Sheridan wasn't even on it.

Next!!

he is about joint 10th favourite - John Sheridan will not be the new manager of Sheff Weds :blink: