Stockport really are in trouble

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres no doubt that english football has benefitted from the money in the game but at the same time it has made it a whole new ball game (excuse the pun) there are people in the game wo are looking for quick profits, with no real passion for the game, therefore dont mind if they run a 100 year old club into the ground, just count it as a loss, take the money and run.

we need someone to step in with some new guidelines and fairer deals for the clubs struggling, i agree with this idea of masking sure chairmen pass a suitable persons test but how are they tested? and what about the ones that already own clubs and taking huge gambles?

It's very simple but our spineless football authorities won't do it. If a club commits to spend more than a percentage of its turnover on transfers, wages etc, normally through the largesse of its chaiirman, then they should have to put up a bond which would guarantee the payment of contractual sums for, say, two years in the event of their departure.

Stockport 0-1 Leeds (Snodgrass, 1 min 50 seconds)

Stockport 1-1 Leeds (Baker, 11 mins 5 seconds)

Stockport 2-1 Leeds (Mullins, 60 mins 51 seconds)

Stockport 2-2 Leeds (Beckford 66 mins 38 seconds)

Stockport 2-3 Leeds (Bronby 88 mins)

Stockport 2-4 Leeds (Beckford 92)

Edited by opinions4u

Sack Penney and get him in!

I'd have preferred Gannon over Penney to start with, but I wouldn't make the change now.

This season to build, next season to deliver for DP.

he was sacked by Motherwell, for being crap and a bully

Bully? Or a manager who takes no :censored:? Perhaps Latics would have benefited from such a character - especially last season.

Stockport crowds rose under Gannon to a level higher than Latics ... in the main due to the mix of entertaining football and relative success on the pitch.

Crap? Sorry, but a manager who saves a side from relegation out of the league and then improves them for the following 3 seasons spending virtually no money is not crap in my book. I don't think Motherwell will have parted company with him due to results on the pitch.

To quote Motherwell FC: "Generally results on the field have been satisfactory since Jim Gannon was appointed and the Board wishes to make it clear that today's decision is not related in any way whatsoever to recent results."

To quote a meassageboard comment from a 'Well fan: "Bit of a shocker. Gannon seemed like a bit of a nutter but that made him quite entertaining - good for a rant." - sounds like fun!

Reading between the lines I'd say new owners of Stockport are lined up and, once the transfer of the business is complete, Gannon will return to EP. Then he'll probably learn the Joe Royle lesson - never go back!!

Edited by opinions4u

according to the bbc he was "relieved of his position" because of his refusal to sign a contract.+

motherwell say he wasn't acting with any loyalty to the club and it had nothing to do with results,of which they are very happy about.

Yeah, i heard it was something to do with not wanting to sign a long term contract with the club. One of the more unusual reasons to sack/part company with a manager if its true.

Stockport 0-1 Leeds (Snodgrass, 1 min 50 seconds)

Stockport 1-1 Leeds (Baker, 11 mins 5 seconds)

Stockport 2-1 Leeds (Mullins, 60 mins 51 seconds)

Stockport 2-2 Leeds (Beckford 66 mins 38 seconds)

Stockport 2-3 Leeds (Bronby 88 mins)

Stockport 2-4 Leeds (Beckford 92)

So even f*king Stockport can put 2 past Ankergren? Still can't believe he managed to keep a clean sheet against us, he's awful.