World Cup 2018 Stadiums

Yes, but the 2,000 were there. 2,00 of you an I. If that's your philosophy - let's just do away with it and all support the best supported team in the country - Man Utd.

Its all going to :censored: mate... People don't want it any more and pride in ones town is dead... no way I would support Man U...

-----------------

I thought what happened to them was :censored:ty but if you can only pull in 4-5.000 (or worse) in the Championship its pretty much game over.

It happened and its time to move on. Talk of not using them in WC bids really is cutting your nose off to spite the face

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you are saying, is because the rest of the town can't be arsed, the 3500 diehards (of which I am one) do not deserve their club.

Hey be a bit more intelligent and stop putting words in my mouth. Cheers...

I said Wimbledon/Oldham (less so) do not deserve a football club. Of course I feel for the diehards.

Edited by oafc0000

I thought what happened to them was :censored:ty but if you can only pull in 4-5.000 (or worse) in the Championship its pretty much game over.

Such crap! Game over? More like move down a division and establish stability there. Not get taken over by an egotistical :censored: and relocated to a town 70-odd miles away. Wimbledon FC should still be flying their trade in the league, and Milton Keynes FC should just be breaking into the Conference or even Division 3, biggest travesty of justice in football ever IMO.

Bollocks to "Oh, its sooo long ago now.. forget it"... to quote Bill Hicks, if we're talking shelf life, don't mention Jesus to me.

Never forget what that tossbag did. Never.

Hey be a bit more intelligent and stop putting words in my mouth. Cheers...

I said Wimbledon/Oldham (less so) do not deserve a football club. Of course I feel for the diehards.

So why did Wimbledon not deserve their league football club? What did the Wimbledon fans do that meant they didn't deserve their team anymore?

If you can't pull 5000 in the Championship then it may be game over as a championship club. But they could have sustained themselves as a league 1/league 2 club.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

So why did Wimbledon not deserve their league football club?

I already explained this... Repeating questions is pointless. I ain't the corp, I wont keep repeating myself.

What did the Wimbledon fans do that meant they didn't deserve their team anymore?

Look, again, stop putting words in my mouth...

If you can't pull 5000 in the Championship then it may be game over as a championship club. But they could have sustained themselves as a league 1/league 2 club.

If you run a long the lines of the support not dropping further... Which it almost always does.... You could argue Wimbledon AFC end up being a saving grace for a football team for Wimbledon. As you point out they are pulling great crowds.

Look, again, stop putting words in my mouth...

I didn't put words in your mouth. I asked you a question. Which wasn't answered.

We can put an end to this now re: the MK/Wimbledon debate. Bascially, I am right, and you are all kinds of wrong. Usually, you can say people are entitled to their opinion, and in 99.9% of cases that is correct...but on this issue, if you don't agree with me then you are wrong.

The stadium list will be reduced to 12

So what would you go for ?

I would go for:

Birmingham - Villa Park

Bristol - New Ashton Vale Stadium

Liverpool - Anfield or New Anfield

London - Wembley

London - Emirates Stadium

Manchester - City of Manchester Stadium

Manchester - Old Trafford

Nottingham - New Nottingham Forest Stadium

Sheffield - Hillsborough

Newcastle/Gateshead - St James' Park

Leeds - Elland Road

Plymouth - Home Park

I would drop:

Milton Keynes - Stadium:MK

London - New White Hart Lane Stadium or Olympic Stadium

Sunderland - Stadium of Light

The reason with MK has nothing to do with the whole Wimbledon thing, I think location is key and if you look at it you have 2 in London, 2 in the Midlands, 2 in the South-West, then I'd have Old Trafford and Anfield in one group, COMS and Hillsborough in another and Elland Road and Newcastle in another, in that way it is organized like it was in Euro 96 and clubs won't have too far to go from their base and it could mean that a Nation based in the group which plays games at COMS can use our training facilities and we may get revenue from it

I didn't put words in your mouth. I asked you a question. Which wasn't answered.

We can put an end to this now re: the MK/Wimbledon debate. Bascially, I am right, and you are all kinds of wrong. Usually, you can say people are entitled to their opinion, and in 99.9% of cases that is correct...but on this issue, if you don't agree with me then you are wrong.

Nothing quite like getting lost in a world of your own self importance... :)