Hartlepool: Directions, Beer & Food

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

current weather forecast for the weekend up there suggest its not gonna happen.

Yep would agree- snow predicted for Friday (Hartlepool) and there is going to be some about on Thursday as well according to the Beeb. We might as well try and play it then though as it stops us having to force it in midweek somewhere.

Edited by rudemedic

I reckon if he's happy there, which he obviously is, we should sell him to Rochdale now. He probably doesn't want to come back, therefore he isn't going to play as well for us, is he?

Also, could it be that league two is his level? Maybe he will come back to haunt us next year though when they are promoted!

Not if Latics are relegated.

rule goes from start of season

Makes sense then.

so we would get a fee but not a great deal as we have had virtually no part in his growth

As his third club, I'd have to agree.

EDIT: Page 14 of this document states that compensation is only payable for training received up to the age of 21.

I read that as saying we're entitled to nothing because that training took place elsewhere.

Edited by opinions4u

probs get back what we paid if were lucky!!! id give him a chance see how he does then asses the situation

And then he'll go for nothing in the summer. If I was him, even if I got into the team in the second half of this season, I think I'd be looking to move on.

If Dale can't afford to buy him, then ideally I'd rather let them have him on loan for the rest of the season and do everything we can to keep Heffernan instead. If O'Grady comes back, I don't see us keeping Heff.

he`s never had a fair crack of the whip at latics, we sent him on loan to play regular and hopefully score goals, he is doing both, if HE wants to stay at dale let him for a fee (if possible ) if he WANTS to play for latics then give him a fair chance because without abbott we are struggling to score......one of if not the leagues lowest scoring teams if im not correct

At present, this is what I've got our team down as (assuming Abbott and Taylor aren't fit enough to start)

Brill

McKerr

Gregan

:censored:

Lee

Colbeck

Furman

Stephens

Whitaker

Smalley

Brooke

Subs:

Ollerenshaw

Rowney

McGrath

Taylor

Abbott

Blackman (When does his loan expire?)

I hope I'm forgetting someone, coz that has to be the weakest team we've had for a long while. :unsure:

At present, this is what I've got our team down as (assuming Abbott and Taylor aren't fit enough to start)

Brill

McKerr

Gregan

:censored:

Lee

Colbeck

Furman

Stephens

Whitaker

Smalley

Brooke

Subs:

Ollerenshaw

Rowney

McGrath

Taylor

Abbott

Blackman (When does his loan expire?)

I hope I'm forgetting someone, coz that has to be the weakest team we've had for a long while. :unsure:

Has it been confirmed that Jacobson, Black, Lomax and Parker remain injured?

My team:

GK- Brill

RB - Lee

CB - Gregan

CB - :censored: When does his loan spell end?

LB - Jacobson

RM - Colbeck

CM - Furman

CM - Stephens

LM - Whittaker

ST - Smalley

ST - O'Grady

I presume we'll recall O'Grady from Rochdale to start against Hartlepool with him banging them in in League 2. Hartlepool are quite confident that this game will go ahead unless some serious bad weather hits the north east. It's good to see that Abbott and Taylor are back, hopefully a sign of good things to come.

Whats the situation regarding yellow cards? Who's only a booking away from a suspension?

My team:

GK- Brill

RB - Lee

CB - Gregan

CB - :censored: When does his loan spell end?

LB - Jacobson

RM - Colbeck

CM - Furman

CM - Stephens

LM - Whittaker

ST - Smalley

ST - O'Grady

I presume we'll recall O'Grady from Rochdale to start against Hartlepool with him banging them in in League 2. Hartlepool are quite confident that this game will go ahead unless some serious bad weather hits the north east. It's good to see that Abbott and Taylor are back, hopefully a sign of good things to come.

Whats the situation regarding yellow cards? Who's only a booking away from a suspension?

O'Grady isn't available until January 16th.

Smalley & Gregan one booking away from suspension, but not sure whether the New Year means a fresh start.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns