Get This Move Right

They would like to hold us two up as the only two who care to ask searching questions. Thing is, as poll would suggest, there are quite a few more silent posters out there who feel the same way.

Alpha males and all that... If you don't agree with me I will smack your teeth in crew... Morons...

What are you on about. Your Alpha males comment is pathetic. You get offered a chance to meet, just like other people on a social basis, after a game, with plenty of people around in a very public place and probably a lot of other "silent posters who feel the same way" around but you choose to decline and then throw out an accusation that it is some sort of veiled threat to "smack your teeth in." It just goes to show how little you know about me, because it's more likely to be me running away from any such shenanigins.

So far you have had 2 opportunities to attend forums and ask questions to the club on the stadium proposals. For your own reasons you did not attend.

You have also shown that you are more than capable of e-mailing AH with other concerns you had and posting the reply on here. What is stopping you doing that now with your searching questions? (apart from AH currently being away from the club)

Searching question?????? Fell free to put them to the people that count (not to other non important posters on a message board) we will however look forward to the answers you bring back.

I'm sure there are many other "silent posters" who share concerns of the likes of yourself and the Corp. Many even attend games and I wish more would join them. Some are just dead against the move and will be not matter what is put to them. Others have major doubts but are prepared to wait and see what the published proposals are before finalising their opinions. There are also other regular and "silent posters" such as Diego who, in principle, support the move but still needs the yet to be made public information to back up the claims that have been made to date before they are finally convinced. Others as the Corp states are just nodders and clappers and blindly follow.

Everyone is entitled to form their own opinions.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. Harry is the intellectual wing of intimidation. If he'd been in the KGB he'd have had a desk job. Edhunter would have been a torturer.

i dont like what you implying corp,not one bit.as well as your mini c0000rp suggesting i am of a violent nature and all that.

i offered to buy mini c0000rp a pint in the clayton arms one to discuss our differences regarding team affairs,tactics manager crowds etc etc...he declined sighting that i was only interested in beating him to a pulp.

as harry as said,voice your concerns get it off ya chest meet over a brew.nowhere has he said or threatened violence against you.

people are waiting to see the plans,because if we just see details of a 4 sided ground stuck in the middle of nowhere with nothing else around it having to rely on 10 or 12 capacity were doomed as you suggest.

if however people see a ground surrounded by other things as in bowling cinema shop outlets eateries and other things that will generate the income we so badly need,then they will continue to disagree with your doom mongering and scare visions,as they will be able to see for themself how it will work.

the only thing needed then is the correct mix of manager young and older players to propell us onwards again.

What are you on about. Your Alpha males comment is pathetic. You get offered a chance to meet, just like other people on a social basis, after a game, with plenty of people around in a very public place and probably a lot of other "silent posters who feel the same way" around but you choose to decline and then throw out an accusation that it is some sort of veiled threat to "smack your teeth in." It just goes to show how little you know about me, because it's more likely to be me running away from any such shenanigins.

So far you have had 2 opportunities to attend forums and ask questions to the club on the stadium proposals. For your own reasons you did not attend.

You have also shown that you are more than capable of e-mailing AH with other concerns you had and posting the reply on here. What is stopping you doing that now with your searching questions? (apart from AH currently being away from the club)

Searching question?????? Fell free to put them to the people that count (not to other non important posters on a message board) we will however look forward to the answers you bring back.

I'm sure there are many other "silent posters" who share concerns of the likes of yourself and the Corp. Many even attend games and I wish more would join them. Some are just dead against the move and will be not matter what is put to them. Others have major doubts but are prepared to wait and see what the published proposals are before finalising their opinions. There are also other regular and "silent posters" such as Diego who, in principle, support the move but still needs the yet to be made public information to back up the claims that have been made to date before they are finally convinced. Others as the Corp states are just nodders and clappers and blindly follow.

You can add to the list those who see no reason to attend a meeting, meet with a club official, or email a club employee only to recieve basically the same answers that we obtain right here without having to even take our slippers off.

i dont like what you implying corp,not one bit.as well as your mini c0000rp suggesting i am of a violent nature and all that.

i offered to buy mini c0000rp a pint in the clayton arms one to discuss our differences regarding team affairs,tactics manager crowds etc etc...he declined sighting that i was only interested in beating him to a pulp.

I think you once gave me your seat number in the Chaddy. I couldn't sleep for weeks and had a new alarm system fitted at great expense.

people are waiting to see the plans,because if we just see details of a 4 sided ground stuck in the middle of nowhere with nothing else around it having to rely on 10 or 12 capacity were doomed as you suggest.

if however people see a ground surrounded by other things as in bowling cinema shop outlets eateries and other things that will generate the income we so badly need,then they will continue to disagree with your doom mongering and scare visions,as they will be able to see for themself how it will work.

the only thing needed then is the correct mix of manager young and older players to propell us onwards again.

Fair enough. I genuinely admire the ability of those like you to keep the faith after all the calamaties of recent times.

You obviously failed to read the follow on posts. Deary me... As for pathetic, other people have made threats of this sort so it is not all that pathetic. I would suggest your mini c000rp jibs are pathetic. I have never had any interest in meeting you. Why would I ?

Oh please... Work and family comes first...

There you go...

I do and I also feel free to post on here. As do the pro groups...

As anyone suggested differently ?

as harry as said,voice your concerns get it off ya chest meet over a brew.nowhere has he said or threatened violence against you.

If we are interested in exchanging views and opinions then I would suggest that this board allows that. I would suggest meeting face to face would only be to add something extra to the situation.... I suppose that something extra can be debated but its certainly extra to the exchange of views and opinions otherwise it would be a pointless exercise.

Edited by oafc0000

Why do people have to meet up to discuss things? Isn't the whole point of the message board to do just that?

Ah, so that could explain why so many Oldham folk go and watch united then?.

I've sometimes thought about this. A major difference between Oldham and the other mill towns that traditionally had more successful football clubs is that Oldham was primarily a rugby town. When no professional football club existed in the town, Newton Heath was easily the nearest location to go and watch one. Perhaps a tradition was created in many Oldham families? In my experience most Oldham-based City fans have Mancunian parents, which isn't necessarily the case with reds. Of course, it could just be glory hunting.

You obviously failed to read the follow on posts. Deary me... As for pathetic, other people have made threats of this sort so it is not all that pathetic. I would suggest your mini c000rp jibs are pathetic. I have never had any interest in meeting you. Why would I ?

Oh please... Work and family comes first...

There you go...

I do and I also feel free to post on here. As do the pro groups...

As anyone suggested differently ?

No, read them, but not before I had posted my reply. In any event I assumed your alpha male comment was made following the corps reply to my post where he made his "come feel my biceps" comment. Others who may have made threats to you are clearly out of order and you have my support in that case. The mini c0000rps jibe was actually started by Coco and for him I found that quite humorous, especially for someone whose one liners have in the past been, shall we say, bland and sarcastic. I took it forward in a light hearted way just as Lee Sinnott seems to think it funny to keep postingstalking me with "Cheers, Harry" after just about every post. Well at least he thinks it's funny. From my point of view no offence intended. Oh and I never said that you had to meet me. I just made an offer to.

You say work and family come first and whilst I fully undersatnd that, I seem to recall other posts where you siad you had lost interest as well.

AH being away still doesn't stop you e-mailing the club and you have had ample opportunity to do so with your "searching questions" prior to AH being off.

You say you do, so when did you put these searching questions of your to the people that count? Have we missed them? Did you get any answers? What were they?

As to your final comment, no, no one has suggested differently. Why would they?

Exactly... It could only be to add that "extra element" they seem to want to add.. Whatever it is...

the only extra element added would be beer...and that is it

when you have a debate on here about things you cant get your point across exclusively because you cant punctuate your argument or opinion with emotion and sincerety,like you can when you have a sit down a drink and a proper conversation,at the end of it everyone feels they have got there point across and it ends there,everybody knows someone standpoint and views and its left at that.

yet on here you cant,it just goes round and round again and again,and doesnt serve any purpose except to make the club money from the posts and hits...

anybody who thinks anything like that is going to blow up into a big free for all brawl are very naive and dillusional,its 2010 not the wild west of the 1800's

Right lads I will say this once

Continue the debate, but the personals stop now.

End of story.

On with the debate

To be fair Carl, I think what has been said on here today is down more to interpretation than anything personal as people have gone on to clarify for the most part. I personally don't have any issues now with anything that has been written.

I've sometimes thought about this. A major difference between Oldham and the other mill towns that traditionally had more successful football clubs is that Oldham was primarily a rugby town. When no professional football club existed in the town, Newton Heath was easily the nearest location to go and watch one. Perhaps a tradition was created in many Oldham families? In my experience most Oldham-based City fans have Mancunian parents, which isn't necessarily the case with reds. Of course, it could just be glory hunting.

Oldham is and always will be a rugby town, the rugby team are far more succesful than the football team, and with the Failsworth project probably always will be

and as for the pathetic 'mini corp' jibes - grow up and have a debate instead of resorting to school yard name calling

without knowing you harry, im a bit bemused to be honest

No, read them, but not before I had posted my reply. In any event I assumed your alpha male comment was made following the corps reply to my post where he made his "come feel my biceps" comment. Others who may have made threats to you are clearly out of order and you have my support in that case. The mini c0000rps jibe was actually started by Coco and for him I found that quite humorous, especially for someone whose one liners have in the past been, shall we say, bland and sarcastic. I took it forward in a light hearted way just as Lee Sinnott seems to think it funny to keep postingstalking me with "Cheers, Harry" after just about every post. Well at least he thinks it's funny. From my point of view no offence intended. Oh and I never said that you had to meet me. I just made an offer to.

You say work and family come first and whilst I fully undersatnd that, I seem to recall other posts where you siad you had lost interest as well.

AH being away still doesn't stop you e-mailing the club and you have had ample opportunity to do so with your "searching questions" prior to AH being off.

You say you do, so when did you put these searching questions of your to the people that count? Have we missed them? Did you get any answers? What were they?

You started it!

Cheers,

Lee

Oldham is and always will be a rugby town, the rugby team are far more succesful than the football team, and with the Failsworth project probably always will be

and as for the pathetic 'mini corp' jibes - grow up and have a debate instead of resorting to school yard name calling

without knowing you harry, im a bit bemused to be honest

Oldham is a rugby town? The attendances at present wouldn't suggest this and more successful? I've always considered latics to be the 'lead' club in the town.

I have stated many times, holding a meeting on a weekday around 7pm is not going to get a big turn out. People have other commitments. Do it at a weekend at BP after a game and watch the response grow.

From time to time I send emails to Hardy asking for his thoughts. I only have a his email and to be frank he is the only person at the club I would trust to give a straight answer. I will not send him emails every day with all my questions as he is far to busy to be frank and a lot of time his hands will be tied. I do not trust anyone else at the club to give me a straight answer. I choose to share my concerns with other fans on here. I sometimes speak to various people from the club when I have the opportunity. It usually results in nothing more telling than the lip service we have heard through the usual methods. Hence its kind of pointless posting it. Anything worth posting I post.

I don't know. Confused me why you thought you needed to state the obvious.

Edited by oafc0000

Oldham is a rugby town? The attendances at present wouldn't suggest this and more successful? I've always considered latics to be the 'lead' club in the town.

attendancies AT THE MINUTE wouldnt suggest it, but historically with trophies and promotions Oldham Rugby are the most succesful team in this town

attendancies AT THE MINUTE wouldnt suggest it, but historically with trophies and promotions Oldham Rugby are the most succesful team in this town

If anything Oldham has suffered from having both a decent Rugby and Football club... We are both going back through the years...

i would think if both teams have there own grounds then it would be a pretty close call on attendances actually..

i know a few people who support the rugby and got told on a regular basis while the team played at bp they would consider it a good crowd if they got more than 1000 fans.