Get This Move Right

I have stated many times, holding a meeting on a weekday around 7pm is not going to get a big turn out. People have other commitments. Do it at a weekend at BP after a game and watch the response grow.

From time to time I send emails to Hardy asking for his thoughts. I only have a his email and to be frank he is the only person at the club I would trust to give a straight answer. I will not send him emails every day with all my questions as he is far to busy to be frank and a lot of time his hands will be tied. I do not trust anyone else at the club to give me a straight answer. I choose to share my concerns with other fans on here. I sometimes speak to various people from the club when I have the opportunity. It usually results in nothing more telling than the lip service we have heard through the usual methods. Hence its kind of pointless posting it. Anything worth posting I post.

I don't know. Confused me why you thought you needed to state the obvious.

I've always been fairly bemused by the kind of pseudo-democracy that states that as long as you've been able to ask a question and received an answer, you're somehow having some sort of say in the way the club (or wherever else such tactics are employed) is run. Of course you're not at all.

Personally I'd rather have the kind of club owners who ride rougshod over us in the fanatical pursuit of success. (As opposed to riding rougshod over us in the fanatical pursuit of mediocrity and what they can claw back. While pretending we're in joint control. )

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldham is and always will be a rugby town, the rugby team are far more succesful than the football team, and with the Failsworth project probably always will be

and as for the pathetic 'mini corp' jibes - grow up and have a debate instead of resorting to school yard name calling

without knowing you harry, im a bit bemused to be honest

Not sure about Oldham being a rugby town and all that. I've heard this sort of comment for 30 odd years, but stats and attendances do not back this up. I do follow the rugby league team, but very rarely go now, I follow the local amateur teams through the columns of the Chron so know that the game is played by a fair few around the fields of the town. They do howerer seem to be mainly based around the top end (Watersheddings side) of town. However, that is nothing compared to the number of teams, particularly at junior level throughout the town playing football.

As for mini c0000rs comments fair enough. It just seemed quite funny at the time. So back to zero from now on :wink:

Not sure what your bemused about, it's just a debate between people having different opinions. If there weren't different opinions, the thread wouldn't have got beyond the first page. Oh and you know full well that once the Corp becomes involved in a thread it's nailed on that the pages will get to double figures :grin: People just get :hooked: no matter how hard they try.

Anyway thats my input for the day on this topic.

I've always been fairly bemused by the kind of pseudo-democracy that states that as long as you've been able to ask a question and received an answer, you're somehow having some sort of say in the way the club (or wherever else such tactics are employed) is run. Of course you're not at all.

Personally I'd rather have the kind of club owners who ride rougshod over us in the fanatical pursuit of success. (As opposed to riding rougshod over us in the fanatical pursuit of mediocrity and what they can claw back. While pretending we're in joint control. )

Reasonable point...

attendancies AT THE MINUTE wouldnt suggest it, but historically with trophies and promotions Oldham Rugby are the most succesful team in this town

Don't get me wrong, although i don't attend the rugby ( just not my sport ) i would love both teams to be successful, i'm probably biased but always thought of latics as our focal point.

At present the sporting public of Oldham appear to be very apathetic towards both sides.

i would think if both teams have there own grounds then it would be a pretty close call on attendances actually..

i know a few people who support the rugby and got told on a regular basis while the team played at bp they would consider it a good crowd if they got more than 1000 fans.

thats not in the promise land of Super league, where they once was

it depends what leagues we are in doesnt it, latics fans are the same as rugby fans (admittedly me) and cant be arsed paying to watch crap

a bit of money spent and watch the crowds rise dramatically

Not sure about Oldham being a rugby town and all that. I've heard this sort of comment for 30 odd years, but stats and attendances do not back this up. I do follow the rugby league team, but very rarely go now, I follow the local amateur teams through the columns of the Chron so know that the game is played by a fair few around the fields of the town. They do howerer seem to be mainly based around the top end (Watersheddings side) of town. However, that is nothing compared to the number of teams, particularly at junior level throughout the town playing football.

I don't think Oldham has primarily a rugby town since the football club existed, but having a rugby club before a football club probably did hold us back from being as successful at football as some of the other Lancashire towns. To a greater extent the same applied to pre-Whelen Wigan, and also in places like Bradford and Hull.

The tragedy is that the town has always had enough potential to have moderately successful clubs in both sports.

Oldham's motto could be: Oldham: The Town that Doesn't Believe in Itself.

I still can not work out how every post results in club for the money. Can anyone explain this ?

Advertising payments are based on viewing figure, a bit like TV.

The more a page is viewed, the more the advertiser (via their booking agents) pays. Take the front page of the forums today, Peugot party poker and car number plates are being advertised. The club gains income based on the number of hits on the site. For every x number of hits (viewings) the club will receive £y's

So can you and the Corp stay on here as much as possible please. :lol:

Advertising payments are based on viewing figure, a bit like TV.

The more a page is viewed, the more the advertiser (via their booking agents) pays. Take the front page of the forums today, Peugot party poker and car number plates are being advertised. The club gains income based on the number of hits on the site. For every x number of hits (viewings) the club will receive £y's

So can you and the Corp stay on here as much as possible please. :lol:

Ah right... That was my guess... My experience of these schemes though is they often do not cover the costs of running these sights but just pay towards it. Does the site even cover its own costs ?

As for mini c0000rs comments fair enough. It just seemed quite funny at the time. So back to zero from now on :wink:

Not sure what your bemused about, it's just a debate between people having different opinions. If there weren't different opinions, the thread wouldn't have got beyond the first page. Oh and you know full well that once the Corp becomes involved in a thread it's nailed on that the pages will get to double figures :grin: People just get :hooked: no matter how hard they try.

Anyway thats my input for the day on this topic.

fair do's, i was bemused why a quite respectd poster would resort to 'junior corp' jibes

and IMO it goes back to the late 19th century why oldham is a rugby town (especially as you say in East Oldham/North Oldham/Saddleworth areas)

how how many of the local football teams in the rest of Oldham produce top quality players (or even supporters) of latics though?

i think thats the difference - nobody really cares about latics, whereas if you are brought up playing rugby in oldham - you know where your roots lie

Ah right... That was my guess... My experience of these schemes though is they often do not cover the costs of running these sights but just pay towards it. Does the site even cover its own costs ?

Is that a searching question? :wink:

I haven't got a clue to be honest. Try the mods they will probably have an idea.

10 years minic0000rp has been on these boards and for 10 years running he's managed to be the most serious, yet argumentative and childish sniping poster going. :lol: :lol: :lol::D :D :D:) :) :) :) :) :)

He's starting 2010 in the same vein.

Perhaps the birth of his child may mellow him - we can only hope. It may at least mean he spends less time on here, although I doubt it...

Edited by Yard Dog

10 years minic0000rp has been on these boards and for 10 years running he's managed to be the most serious, yet argumentative and childish sniping poster going. :lol: :lol: :lol::D :D :D:) :) :) :) :) :)

Perhaps the birth of his child may mellow him - we can only hope. It may at least mean he spends less time on here, although I doubt it...

this will be his sanctuary and hideaway once his little un is born...

he will soon get fed up of the constant crying and nappy filling and smelling of baby sick all the time....i predict he will get mobile internet and find a secluded spot to log on.lol

its a big year for him this year.....although i doubt he will mellow....it calmed me down for a good few years...but im slowley getting back to normal.hahaha

this will be his sanctuary and hideaway once his little un is born...

he will soon get fed up of the constant crying and nappy filling and smelling of baby sick all the time....i predict he will get mobile internet and find a secluded spot to log on.lol

its a big year for him this year.....although i doubt he will mellow....it calmed me down for a good few years...but im slowley getting back to normal.hahaha

If either of you have a problem with the way I handle myself on these board you can take it up with a mod. If not, shut the feck up bitching and posting posts which are only designed to get personal. Children...

If either of you have a problem with the way I handle myself on these board you can take it up with a mod. If not, shut the feck up bitching and posting posts which are only designed to get personal. Children...

oh for gods sake put your bloody dummy back in ya drama queen....if i wanted to get personal do you honestly think i would pick such a topic as your child being born....

grow a pair and stop bleating like a sacrificial lamb...get your head from up your own arse and lighten up ffs....

you wont have any time for this place once your fatherhood begins...so make the most of it.

oh for gods sake put your bloody dummy back in ya drama queen....if i wanted to get personal do you honestly think i would pick such a topic as your child being born....

grow a pair and stop bleating like a sacrificial lamb...get your head from up your own arse and lighten up ffs....

you wont have any time for this place once your fatherhood begins...so make the most of it.

Then stop with the discussion of my personal life etc and stick to the topic. Considering we have to put up with your intelligent posts on a daily basis and you are a farther I very much doubt fatherhood is going to change my posting habits.

Then stop with the discussion of my personal life etc and stick to the topic. Considering we have to put up with your intelligent posts on a daily basis and you are a farther I very much doubt fatherhood is going to change my posting habits.

oafc000, take some advice; why not stay off here for a few days, I think you're getting things way out of proportion.