Get This Move Right

oafc000, take some advice; why not stay off here for a few days, I think you're getting things way out of proportion.

Hardly... A number of posts being posted which only serve to get personal with myself and corp.... Its out of order... Discuss the topics / opinions presented... Cut out of the discussion of personal lives / petty name calling etc... If you don't like those opinions or think they are being repeated then we can all put someone on ignore. I suggest some of you do that.

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah right... That was my guess... My experience of these schemes though is they often do not cover the costs of running these sights but just pay towards it. Does the site even cover its own costs ?

www.owtb.co.uk makes a damn sight more than it's running costs, and it's overheads are quite substantial for a forum and chatroom on 80-100gb per month. I don't have exact monthly figures, but in my time OAFC were making £10 per £1 spent on owtb overheads.

www.owtb.co.uk makes a damn sight more than it's running costs, and it's overheads are quite substantial for a forum and chatroom on 80-100gb per month. I don't have exact monthly figures, but in my time OAFC were making £10 per £1 spent on owtb overheads.

Worth keeping debate going and attracting more members then.

Hardly... A number of posts being posted which only serve to get personal with myself and corp.... Its out of order... Discuss the topics / opinions presented... Cut out of the discussion of personal lives / petty name calling etc... If you don't like those opinions or think they are being repeated then we can all put someone on ignore. I suggest some of you do that.

Look, you have hardly been one to stay off the personal. You've even suggested that people who have suggested a meet want to smash your teeth in and intimated that another member had a drink problem in relation to his parenting. Maybe the perspective you need is on your own actions and this sense of paranoia / persecution you seem to be developing.

As for name calling, few of the "pro-development" posters bother with "doom and gloom" type name calling, whereas "nodding dog" etc seem to be a basic requirement for a fence/anti development post.

Don't whine about being treated as you've treated others fgs.

That's cool... Nice one...

So corp is the saviour :D

Edited by oafc0000

Look, you have hardly been one to stay off the personal.

I have done wrong in the past and have been pulled out for it and apologised. I aint no saint. Then again neither should that open me up to getting the boot in and not being able to cry foul. I apologise for where i have done wrong.

You've even suggested that people who have suggested a meet want to smash your teeth in and intimated that another member had a drink problem in relation to his parenting.

Those comments where very much tongue in cheek and I apologise for them.

Maybe the perspective you need is on your own actions and this sense of paranoia / persecution you seem to be developing.

Fine perspective acquired. A lot of the times any "insults" are usually a reaction to a massive amount of needling though.

Don't whine about being treated as you've treated others fgs.

I will... We all have to pull each other from time to time otherwise this place becomes JK Latics mark II and NO ONE wants that ?

So do we take you're line of eye for an eye for ever and a day.... or do we all try to cut it out ?

That's cool... Nice one...

So corp is the saviour :D

Of course we must remember that we are not allowed to restate the same opinion repeatedly in the same thread or on multiple threads.

I appreciate it's not a good time. No doubt when all Mods are operating we can look forward to enforcement.

I will accept corp does repeat a number of his opinions. So do the vast majority of other users on these boards. We all tend to hold our own opinions and we do all tend to chase are own tails reposting them.

My point is OWTB would become a very quiet place if this rule was fully enforced. I do get the feeling that the attempt to cencsor corp is more to do with censoring one type of opinion more than anything else.

I will accept corp does repeat a number of his opinions. So do the vast majority of other users on these boards. We all tend to hold our own opinions and we dop all tend to chase are own tails reposting them.

My point is OWTB would become a very quiet place if this rule was fully enforced. I do get the feeling that the attempt to cencsor corp is more to do with censoring one type of opinion more than anything else.

If you read my post again, I'm seeking universal enforcement.

If you read my post again, I'm seeking universal enforcement.

The point about it becoming a very quite place still stands though. You should probably note that you are not meant to criticise mods in public and this should be done via PM. Doing otherwise can result in a ban I understand.

The point about it becoming a very quite place still stands though. You should probably note that you are not meant to criticise mods in public and this should be done via PM. Doing otherwise can result in a ban I understand.

I haven't criticised Mods, I've pointed out the Rules to Members. If Members complied with the rules, the Mods' jobs would be easier.

I will accept corp does repeat a number of his opinions. So do the vast majority of other users on these boards. We all tend to hold our own opinions and we do all tend to chase are own tails reposting them.

Everybody repeats the same handful of opinions ad infinitum, on here and in life generally.