Get This Move Right

Anyone who still thinks the postcode is a relevant issue really does need help, and probably 24 hour care.

I'm less bothered about the design - as long as the stands are close to the pitch and relatively steeply tiered then atmosphere comes from the fans, not how nice the stadium looks.

Size is the least spurious reason I can think of.

It isn't relevant to me either, but it's just one of the many reasons why many people in Royton, Chadd and Shaw feel attached to Oldham, and many people in Failsworth feel attached to Manchester.

Anyone who thinks that site - at the southerly edge of Failsworth, right next to Moston, New Moston and Newton Heath - is Oldham needs '24 hour care'....it's about as Oldham as Manchester United and those who keep papping on about it being Oldham are insulting our intelligence.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of us don't want to see how it pans out....we're pretty scared of seeing how it 'pans out'.

It's like moving Tranmere Rovers into Toxteth/Walton/Everton..and expecting everything to turn out alright..

And cutting their capacity to one that clearly states ambitions to merely survive at lower division level.

When I'm having a pint in a nice comfortable Club bar before the game I won't be looking out of the window shivering in fear that the vast majority of people walking past had grandparents from Salford.

Miles Platting, Collyhurst, Bradford, Beswick and Ancoats rather than Salford. Real strongholds of Latics support.

But the point is that some Chaddertonians, Roytonians, Shawites and Failsworthians support Oldham Athletic.

In far, far fewer numbers in Failsworth than in any of those other places. Unlike most residents of Failsworth, the people in the other former townships are basically Oldhamers and consider themselves to be so. They identify with Lancashire and have a milltown background. Most Failsworth residents identify with the big city because that's where theier forebears hailed from.

What I cant get my head round is the amount of threads that keep coming back to posts with CJ's dire warning at the end and Zero agreeing with him and humping his leg like Sherriff Roscoe from The Dukes of Hazzard.

Mods - Invent somekind of AutoMerge!!!!! Please!!!!!

CJ, Zero - Get a room

Everyone else - Merry Xmas!

P.S. CJ, Zero..... Merry Xmas to u too. Cheer up tho eh, u'll frighten Santa away!

That's it in a nutshell and we're waiting patiently to see if the plans give us realistic hope for that.

I expect the plans will definitely reveal clear intentions to make the club self-sufficient. Unfortunately, the sub-12000 capacity reveals that the intention is to become self-sufficient in the lower divisions, where nearly all the other grounds that small are to be found.

It isn't rocket science.

It isn't relevant to me either, but it's just one of the many reasons why many people in Royton, Chadd and Shaw feel attached to Oldham, and many people in Failsworth feel attached to Manchester.

Anyone who thinks that site - at the southerly edge of Failsworth, right next to Moston, New Moston and Newton Heath - is Oldham needs '24 hour care'....it's about as Oldham as Manchester United and those who keep papping on about it being Oldham are insulting our intelligence.

We will actually be little more than a stone's throw from ManUre's original ground.

I stand corrected! Merry xmas Diego..... Now the :censored:e soaps have finished on tv the party can realyy start!!!!

Let me see......

4 weddings and a funeral.... seen it

Friends..... seen it

Hound of the baskervilles..... seen it

repeat til dead...........

Unfortunately, the sub-12000 capacity reveals that the intention is to become self-sufficient in the lower divisions, where nearly all the other grounds that small are to be found.

It isn't rocket science.

CJ, you've made this same point at least 500 times.

Is it just a little bit possible that you resolve in the New Year to avoid making the same point once again, on the basis that every Member of OWTB understands fully your point of view?

Is it just a little bit possible that you resolve in the New Year to avoid making the same point once again, on the basis that every Member of OWTB understands fully your point of view?

Sigh...... here we go again.......

Absolutely not. It's the only point worth making on the issue.

Every other consideration regarding the proposed new stadium is secondary to this one. Nothing reveals more starkly where this club intends to be in future. Here's a clue: It sure ain't the Championship.

Just a thought on the location of the stadium issue .Would the now postponed boxing day game have gone ahead at the new location ? It being situated at the convergence of two main trunk routes into manchester which you would expect to be kept cleared of snow and ice ? Just a thought

Just a thought on the location of the stadium issue .Would the now postponed boxing day game have gone ahead at the new location ? It being situated at the convergence of two main trunk routes into manchester which you would expect to be kept cleared of snow and ice ? Just a thought

There wouldn't have been as much snow in Failsworth.

Have u noticed CJ that theres only me and you posting? Its Xmas Eve and im drinking at home with a sleeping girlfriend next to me.

Why do you have to advertise what you're doing on the internet?

I was out last night and I'll be out tomorrow dinner (in Failsworth as it happens.) The weather's diabolical and my liver needs a break.

Why do you have to advertise what you're doing on the internet?

I was out last night and I'll be out tomorrow dinner (in Failsworth as it happens.) The weather's diabolical and my liver needs a break.

I was just trying to change the subject. The present ones been done to death.

P.s. You used 'heres a clue - it aint the championship' already this week. Thats a yellow card. Ooh theres an idea for the mods.......

I was just trying to change the subject. The present ones been done to death.

P.s. You used 'heres a clue - it aint the championship' already this week. Thats a yellow card. Ooh theres an idea for the mods.......

Change the subject to something entirely unrelated? I thought you Nodding Dogs were the ones who liked to complain about topics drifting (as long as you can blame the ones saying what you don't want to hear.

Absolutely not. It's the only point worth making on the issue.

Every other consideration regarding the proposed new stadium is secondary to this one. Nothing reveals more starkly where this club intends to be in future. Here's a clue: It sure ain't the Championship.

But it's like repeating incessantly that it's bloody freezing at BP. We know and we're powerless to make it feel warmer.

On the other hand if you were to get your message across to the stayaways, it might bring in enough extra bodies to make it feel warmer at BP and give TTA the impetus to raise their sights.

But it's like repeating incessantly that it's bloody freezing at BP. We know and we're powerless to make it feel warmer.

On the other hand if you were to get your message across to the stayaways, it might bring in enough extra bodies to make it feel warmer at BP and give TTA the impetus to raise their sights.

Do we simply ignore what we're powerless to alter? Why can't those who don't like the 'message' read the 99% of threads dealing with other subjects entirely?

How will telling the stayaways (as if it were possible to locate them) that the club is set to irreversibly downscale itself and its ambitions encourage them to get to BP? I do talk regularly to a number of stayaways. Most of them would microwave their own a-ses than regularly go to BP after the fiascos of the last few years.