Get This Move Right

You'r that stupid you don't even realise the many points me corp do not agree on :lol:

Hopefully someone got you the "Idiots guide to understanding message board posts" for Christmas :D You was even banging on the other day about me starting a opposition group when I had clearly stated on several occasions that I was firmly sat on the fence regarding the development :) I suppose every board needs its village idiot :)

That puzzles me, he only ever makes one point. And has only managed to "recruit" about 10 people to his single issue party, despite banging on about for several years.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That puzzles me, he only ever makes one point. And has only managed to "recruit" about 10 people to his single issue party, despite banging on about for several years.

Corp makes more than one point. You'r just too smug and caught up in you'r own self importance to take the time to listen to him.

Edited by oafc0000

Corp makes more than one point. You'r just too smug and caught up in you'r own self importance to take the time to listen to him.

That is really scraping the barrel now.

I simply challenged someone who said, in the middle of one of the hardest recessions in history, that "we should make a statement" in the size of stadium we build.

He has not won we over because of that, whether he has an underlying point about consigning us to a lower division or not.

Edited by singe

Ive said it before and ill say it again,

we are basing our whole argument on the only 2 facts we have right now,

1) were moving to failsworth away from BP

2) the capacity of the new stadium

We are in the very early stages at the moment and before we can all commit to being for/against new stadium i think we definately need more facts, designs, financial predictions etc.

we all know a lot of failsworth residents are against it and will use any excuse to say its a bad idea,

we know theres some people who will argue till they are blue in the face thast this is a good idea even if we change our name to "man united B"

we know theres some people who will be against the move everyway and will look for the negative even if they come out and say "free diamonds for every fan every game"

we need more facts, more plans and more decisions before we can spot if it is truly a good idea or truly a bad idea

personally i think if it makes us money, gets us up there and not too far to travel i dont care if its in failsworth/manchester/hell it will be worth it

EDIT: spelling mistakes

Edited by thelaticsfan

There is no party. The Nodding Dogs won. You're going to have your new Bury FC.

I love this picture you are painting of yourself Corp. A single person railing against the might of the company, and the only one with the vision.

I shall look forward to your version of history in due course.

You really are a shocking waste of everyones time...

When were you appointed to speak for "everyone"? Another silly comment from you. Please try to raise the level of your coments above the purely personal.

Btw; Have you been looking for those posts that would prove you were right and I was wrong on that directorship issue? Or have you decided to ignore it because your accusation was false and you were wrong (again).

I love this picture you are painting of yourself Corp. A single person railing against the might of the company, and the only one with the vision.

I shall look forward to your version of history in due course.

I'm not railing against the might of anything. As I keep having to say, all I'm doing is pointing out what's actually happening, instead of what the Nodders and Clappers like to kid themselves into believing is happening. I don't actually believe anything can be done about it. Successive incompetent boards have basically knackered the club, and the current lot are trying to save face (and retrieve whatever money they can from their dismal failure of a project) by selling us the unattainable vision of a 'self-sustaining' club, that we all know in our heart-of hearts will be permanently stuck in the lower divisions, even in the unlikely event that this somewhat vague aim actually comes off.

Look how happy they all are!

It's a long time, by the way, since any 'might' was projected from the BP boardroom. As a club we get pushed around by the likes of Colchester and Scunthorpe these days, don't we?

Edited by Corporal_Jones

How so?

Metaphorically speaking. For one thing they've surpassed us in footballing terms. And how many posts have we had on here talking about how difficult it is to compete with the likes of Colchester* with their supposedly free-spending chairman and brand spanking new stadium and everything?

*To be known from now on as The Mighty Colchester in case some Latics fans fail to show enough respect to a bigger club.

may i point out here both have had new stadiums before pushing us around?

hehe B)

Yes: crap small stadiums.

Then again, they are historically minnows. Having been bogged down here so long, and because the board lacks the wherewithal to revive us, we are using their like as the example from which this club can be remodelled as a minnow.

Metaphorically speaking. For one thing they've surpassed us in footballing terms. And how many posts have we had on here talking about how difficult it is to compete with the likes of Colchester* with their supposedly free-spending chairman and brand spanking new stadium and everything?

*To be known from now on as The Mighty Colchester in case some Latics fans fail to show enough respect to a bigger club.

For the love of God, you're right, everyone knows you're right, I came to the same conclusion myself about seven years ago. So do something about it. Don't ask me what, I don't know the answer. I tried once, I failed. Doesn't mean to say there isn't an answer out there somewhere but banging on about it on a messageboard sure as hell ain't it.

For the love of God, you're right, everyone knows you're right, I came to the same conclusion myself about seven years ago. So do something about it. Don't ask me what, I don't know the answer. I tried once, I failed. Doesn't mean to say there isn't an answer out there somewhere but banging on about it on a messageboard sure as hell ain't it.

You can no longer think of what to do because there is nothing to be done. Basically, those who had it in their hands to revive the club failed miserably, and now we pay the price.

I don't like the situation, so I take the (only) option of 'banging on about it on a message board.' Anybody who doesn't like it is entirely free not to read anything I post.

Sounds fair to me.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

You can no longer think of what to do because there is nothing to be done. Basically, those who had it in their hands to revive the club failed miserably, and now we pay the price.

I don't like the situation, so I take the (only) option of 'banging on about it on a message board.' Anybody who doesn't like it is entirely free not to read anything I post.

Sounds fair to me.

It's more or less impossible to ignore what you write as it's on just about every thread. I do agree that we are heading nowhere but I put that down to the apathy of the town in the face of what, to be fair, are a myriad of competing and much more attractive attractions. TTA coming in put off the evil day and while they may well have made mistakes they were and probably are the only game in town.

It's more or less impossible to ignore what you write as it's on just about every thread. I do agree that we are heading nowhere but I put that down to the apathy of the town in the face of what, to be fair, are a myriad of competing and much more attractive attractions. TTA coming in put off the evil day and while they may well have made mistakes they were and probably are the only game in town.

Don't talk wet. I'm never, ever on over 95% of threads, as you'd see if you read them.

The fact that TTA seem to be the only game in town is exactly the point. Having failed to revive the club, they are looking to stabilise it as a lower division outfit. The point about apathy works both ways: if the club wants more people throught he turnstiles, it has to do something to attract them. We already know that the only way to do this is through sustained success on the pitch, not gimmicks and offers. That we have lost over 2000 regular home fans under TTA's tenure tells us everything we need to know about their period in charge.