Hartlepool Match OFF

That pitch looks in perfect condition to me :mad: At least they've decided early I guess.

Its not just the pitch but the surrounding areas too- that road outside the ground won't get routinely gritted by Hartlepool council and some of the pedestrian areas might struggle as well (depending on how good Hartlepool council are for gritting them).

Be good for me as I won't have to travel 120+ miles twice for the rearranged fixture.

Its not just the pitch but the surrounding areas too- that road outside the ground won't get routinely gritted by Hartlepool council and some of the pedestrian areas might struggle as well (depending on how good Hartlepool council are for gritting them).

Be good for me as I won't have to travel 120+ miles twice for the rearranged fixture.

To be fair I wasn't seriously suggesting that pitch looks playable!! Bloody inconvenient though I've been looking forward to the game for a while as I've struggled to make many this year. Saturday would be brilliant for me but the forecasts for later on this week aren't looking great either.

Confirmed on our site too. Possibility of it being played on Saturday but that still may be weather dependent and Poolies may not want to rearrange it due to their own injury problems.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1916560,00.html

However bad their injury problems they won't be as bad as ours.

Also there have been a spate of accidents on the road in the North West this morning because of fog and black ice. Here on the Fylde it's black ice everywhere and traffic is at a snail's pace.

To be fair I wasn't seriously suggesting that pitch looks playable!! Bloody inconvenient though I've been looking forward to the game for a while as I've struggled to make many this year. Saturday would be brilliant for me but the forecasts for later on this week aren't looking great either.

Well to be honest judging by the TV pics I've seen it might have been playable in the 70s with an orange ball and a few other countries would play on there as otherwise they would never play for about 4 months and with the football calender that isn't practicle.

Well to be honest judging by the TV pics I've seen it might have been playable in the 70s with an orange ball and a few other countries would play on there as otherwise they would never play for about 4 months and with the football calender that isn't practicle.

Many continental countries have a winter break until sometime in February.

Many continental countries have a winter break until sometime in February.

Did you see Celtic's game in Vienna for the Euro League- pitch looked worse than that, ditto for some of the games in Russia/Ukraine/Belorussia. I know many countries have a winter break but those are usually the ones where all the country has problems but the likes of Italy and France (where the Alpine cities have problems but not some of the others) don't necessarily have a winter break- I'm not so sure somewhere like Pamplona at the foothills of the Spanish Pyrennes would be snow free too.

Its a bit moot but sometimes I do wonder if some common sense is lacking when deciding that games are unsafe to be played (either for the players or the fans).

The car was on the drive ready to go and Mrs. S and I were on our starting blocks. Now we're on Plan B - drinks in the Global Brewing Capital, followed by the Brewers v the Magpies (all-ticket game) at the Pirelli Stadium. Just been down for the tickets, and now I have to peel off my blue layers and relax, before replacing them with yellow and black ones.

Hope Lee Hughes has had plenty of Christmas pud!

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

The discussion on the state of the pitch has obviously arisen from people being misled by the picture on our OS, which has been taken from a file. The picture taken today is on the Hartlepool OS as reported by the Chaplain.

Er I was going off that pic- I was suggesting that sometimes I do think we are a bit too keen to call of matches in this country compared to others. Having said that we are fairly consistent judging by the fact that Darlo's and Gateshead's home games have both been postponed.

Would 10am have been cutting it fine for you if the game had been on? It might not have allowed you a pre-game drink, one of the problems being an exile I suppose.

Er I was going off that pic- I was suggesting that sometimes I do think we are a bit too keen to call of matches in this country compared to others. Having said that we are fairly consistent judging by the fact that Darlo's and Gateshead's home games have both been postponed.

Would 10am have been cutting it fine for you if the game had been on? It might not have allowed you a pre-game drink, one of the problems being an exile I suppose.

I would have preferred leaving by 9:30am, but we would have still been in time for lunch in the pub.

It's the first time a game has been postponed at Victoria Park since January 2004.

The car was on the drive ready to go and Mrs. S and were on our starting blocks. . Now we're on Plan B - drinks in the Global Brewing Capital, followed by the Brewers v the Magpies (all-ticket game) at the Pirelli Stadium. Just been down for the tickets, and now I have to peel off my blue layers and relax, before replacing them with yellow and black ones.

Hope Lee Hughes has had plenty of Christmas pud!

enjoy your day mr d ..a day out in burton upon trent you lucky sod

marstons beers yummy yum yum

I would have preferred leaving by 9:30am, but we would have still been in time for lunch in the pub.

It's the first time a game has been postponed at Victoria Park since January 2004.

Victoria Park's close proximity to the sea probably means it doesn't get as much snow in winter as say Durham despite being on similar latitudes and the seas breeze helps thaw pitches on some occassions.