Chris Moore

sorry to bring this guy up I know it's a painful topic, but hearing all the Huddersfield fan on another messageboard going on about Dean Hoyle being a massive supporter of the club and having a season ticket for 20 years, am I right in thinking a certain Mr Moore claimed something similar with us? Huddersfield have just announced losses of £4 million, a bit similar to us in 2002/03? or are they in a stronger position? They certainly get better crowds

http://www.examiner.co.uk/huddersfield-tow...86081-25477550/

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do recall him saying he was a lifelong fan ... not sure about the season ticket holder side of things though.

I did like the way he got a charity with the same name as his business to sponsor Latics ... excellent use of charitable funds and great way to screw the nation's tax system!

Huddersfield have just announced losses of £4 million, a bit similar to us in 2002/03? or are they in a stronger position? They certainly get better crowds

The would get better crowds ... they charge £150ish for a season ticket.

Financially they presumably owe a fortune to their owner, as Latics do. While the owner's up for it, not a problem. If the owner calls it in, doomed! Huddersfield don't own their stadium though. Who knows if Oldham Athletic AFC 2004 ltd own theirs?!!

Edited by opinions4u

Interesting on the same link a Wycombe fan makes this point sounds bit like the Failsworth move. i Have highlighted the part that stands out.

http://www.footballforums.net/forums/showt...d=1#post5574987

Originally Posted by LCWanderer  View Post
Our "benefactor" was also a supporter and he racked-up over £7 million of debt which he repeatedly told fans not to worry about, saying it was "his money not the club's".

Then in the summer he threatened to put the club into administration if we didn't let him have 100% ownership in exchange for writing off just £3 million of the debt.

Naturally our spineless Supporters Trust just caved in and now our new owner wants to move us to a 20,000 capacity [b][b]stadium which we will no longer own, but which will make him lots of dosh through periferal projects associated with the new build.[/b][/b]

All of this is primarily for the benefit of our benefactor's other toy - London Wasps - who originaly came to us as paying tenants, but who are now also owned outright by our "benefactor" and who need the extra capacity.

So, we are still over £4 million in debt, no longer own our club, will shortly no longer own our own stadium and will soon be rattling around in a massive Waspodome we don't need.

Beware rich benefactors.

(Ours made his fortune from selling his previous company - Loans.co.uk - which should have been a clue really).

Edited by oafctom

Interesting on the same link a Wycombe fan makes this point sounds bit like the Failsworth move. i Have highlighted the part that stands out.

Our "benefactor" was also a supporter and he racked-up over £7 million of debt which he repeatedly told fans not to worry about, saying it was "his money not the club's".

Then in the summer he threatened to put the club into administration if we didn't let him have 100% ownership in exchange for writing off just £3 million of the debt.

Naturally our spineless Supporters Trust just caved in and now our new owner wants to move us to a 20,000 capacity [b][b]stadium which we will no longer own, but which will make him lots of dosh through periferal projects associated with the new build.[/b][/b]

All of this is primarily for the benefit of our benefactor's other toy - London Wasps - who originaly came to us as paying tenants, but who are now also owned outright by our "benefactor" and who need the extra capacity.

So, we are still over £4 million in debt, no longer own our club, will shortly no longer own our own stadium and will soon be rattling around in a massive Waspodome we don't need.

Beware rich benefactors.

(Ours made his fortune from selling his previous company - Loans.co.uk - which should have been a clue really).

The bit you've tried to highlight mentions not owning the stadium (as wasps/the owner wouldpresumably own it). We (or at least OAFC 2004) WILL own the stadium. So, it "sounds" like it, in as much as it's not like it? :huh:

The would get better crowds ... they charge £150ish for a season ticket.

This always annoys me - no they dont. This is a fabrication based on the loose truths of the scheme the previous season. The only tickets that are under £150 are thier U-18s tickets... the standard season tickets then varied from £240 (in the lower tier of the stand behined the goal) to £460 for a central upper season ticket in the main stand. I'm on thier marketing mailing list so I always get thier info.

It aint cheap to watch 'Udders. £28 for a pay on the day ticket in the main stand. They are also doing 5 match seasonal ticket for £99... which is only £1 cheaper than watching latics anyway.

As for the initial question... well its 50/50. No secret that Lee Clark has been told get promotion this season or find a new job.... Dean Hoyle's finances are also a little more secure than Chris M***e... the credit crunch hasnt really hit card shops... and it was always a realistic budget from the start based on what he could afford (£7m a season for transfers and wages purely from his pocket - allegedly). I highly doubt he will leave them in the Crap whatever happens - he is undoubtedly a proper fan and not in it for profit...

We will see...

This always annoys me - no they dont. This is a fabrication based on the loose truths of the scheme the previous season. The only tickets that are under £150 are thier U-18s tickets...

Fairy nuff if my Hudders knowledge has got that one wrong (twice in one thread now, poor show from me). Maybe I mixed up this season with Bradford who had £150 and £110 tickets this season. I thought Hudds had £99 family stand adult tickets though - possibly a limited number.

It aint cheap to watch 'Udders. £28 for a pay on the day ticket in the main stand. They are also doing 5 match seasonal ticket for £99... which is only £1 cheaper than watching latics anyway.

£23-£27 for an adult main stand ticket, depending on the opposition.

Actually, assuming it was only one cheap season followed by a full price one, what it does show is that a cheapo season ticket offer one year can be followed with a decent number of full price renewals the next year. It is more than possible that the season one subsidy followed by 3 or 4 seasons of full price renewals could make very good business sense.

Thanks for putting me right though. <mutter> <curse> <hates being wrong> :wink:

Stadium ownership now 40% HTFC

Edited by opinions4u

i thought he was in Court over tax wasnt he Mr Moore?

what happened with that?

all i can find is that some solicitor has been appointed by m**re dated sept 09.

so i'm guessing its not seen the light of day in court yet.

until then.. :naughty:

"Herbert Smith LLP’s ‘very bright and experienced’ Peter Burrell is acting for Christopher Moore, the former chairman of Torex plc, in an SFO investigation into insider dealing and accounting irregularities."

Edited by johnny punkster

all i can find is that some solicitor has been appointed by m**re dated sept 09.

so i'm guessing its not seen the light of day in court yet.

until then.. :naughty:

"Herbert Smith LLP’s ‘very bright and experienced’ Peter Burrell is acting for Christopher Moore, the former chairman of Torex plc, in an SFO investigation into insider dealing and accounting irregularities."

aww bless him, so it hasnt gone to court yet

'im here for the long haul'

i hope he is behind bars for the 'long haul' :wink:

Beware rich benefactors.

Deary me... Now does that sound familiar...

The bit you've tried to highlight mentions not owning the stadium (as wasps/the owner wouldpresumably own it). We (or at least OAFC 2004) WILL own the stadium. So, it "sounds" like it, in as much as it's not like it? :huh:

How is the club going to afford to buy the new stadium ? Where is the money going to come from ?

If TTAs other company own BP... TTAs new company sell BP, buy the new land, build the new stadium then how does OAFC 2004 afford to buy the stadium from TTAs other company ?

My guess is TTA inject x millions into OAFC as a loan so OAFC can buy the stadium ? That sound reasonable ? So how much debt does that leave OAFC 2004 with ?

All questions I think no one wants the answers to...

Edited by oafc0000

Actually, assuming it was only one cheap season followed by a full price one, what it does show is that a cheapo season ticket offer one year can be followed with a decent number of full price renewals the next year. It is more than possible that the season one subsidy followed by 3 or 4 seasons of full price renewals could make very good business sense.

Thanks for putting me right though. <mutter> <curse> <hates being wrong> :wink:

:lol::wink: ... :blush: Sorry, slightly went into rant, as people have said the same thing before on here to justify their crowds this season....

Tbh - I think there is a crucial step missing in that plan... and that is that there is no use doing a 'cheapo' season if there is not a decent team on the pitch. It almost right royally backfired on town, under ternent at the start of the season the team was awful and even with 16k season tickets, for a couple of games they were getting crowds of under 10k which meant radically reduced match-day income. They had to sack Ternent and reinvest in the team, otherwise it could have been a disaster... hence the bigger than expected operating losses...

The way they played at the end of last season and the new optimism under clarke meant that shaed loads of people bought season tickets this year... i'd say the optimism and investment played a much bigger part than the season ticket offer.... I know a load of people who bought them for the sake of it and never really bothered going....

The crowds they are taking away from home this season show just as much the optimism rather than the home crowds...

Edited by BigfinLatic

How is the club going to afford to buy the new stadium ? Where is the money going to come from ?

If TTAs other company own BP... TTAs new company sell BP, buy the new land, build the new stadium then how does OAFC 2004 afford to buy the stadium from TTAs other company ?

My guess is TTA inject x millions into OAFC as a loan so OAFC can buy the stadium ? That sound reasonable ? So how much debt does that leave OAFC 2004 with ?

If anyone wants the answers, send an email to:

simon.corney@oldhamathletic.co.uk

Simon Corney stated that OAFC would own the new stadium. I think I have consistently predicted that TTA will make a fair loss on their ownership of OAFC. i.e a debt that they have no prospect of recovering, which SC recently confirmed.

They are most likely to write any such debt off at the point of selling OAFC.

To do so at any other point would not be sensible as if some strange event increased the value of OAFC significantly, they would then be able to recover the debt.

That's as I'd expect it to work, so I don't really see the need for answers.

If you feel the need for answers from the owners, why not ask them the relevant questions, then maybe you'd be able to get off the fence?

Simon Corney stated that OAFC would own the new stadium. I think I have consistently predicted that TTA will make a fair loss on their ownership of OAFC. i.e a debt that they have no prospect of recovering, which SC recently confirmed.

They are most likely to write any such debt off at the point of selling OAFC.

To do so at any other point would not be sensible as if some strange event increased the value of OAFC significantly, they would then be able to recover the debt.

That's as I'd expect it to work, so I don't really see the need for answers.

Deary me... Was you this trusting of Chris Moores ??

Lets play out another situation... TTA want out and they want their money back... Very much the same as other clubs have faced recently including Watford...

Now if that happened all of a sudden the possible mountain of debt suddenly becomes very important. But no you'r right, lets be totally trusting and hope your guess work pays off... No need for questions :petesake:

If you feel the need for answers from the owners, why not ask them the relevant questions, then maybe you'd be able to get off the fence?

They read the boards... As do other directors like Barry.... Why not answer some of these questions publicly on here?

Edited by oafc0000

sorry to bring this guy up I know it's a painful topic, but hearing all the Huddersfield fan on another messageboard going on about Dean Hoyle being a massive supporter of the club and having a season ticket for 20 years, am I right in thinking a certain Mr Moore claimed something similar with us? Huddersfield have just announced losses of £4 million, a bit similar to us in 2002/03? or are they in a stronger position? They certainly get better crowds

http://www.examiner.co.uk/huddersfield-tow...86081-25477550/

I liked Chris Moore. He put his hand in his pocket in a quest to achieve promotion with us. He got unfortunate that the plan backfired, but his cash, along with the inspirational leadership of Iain Dowie, gave me the most enjoyable season I've had watching Latics.