Carl baker

Baker was in non league for 4 years at Prescot Cables and Southport, Latics had plenty of chances to sign him then for next to nothing.

There are many more out there in non league just as good if given a chance.

Edited by BP1960

He's only on everyone's radar because he's scoring goals. He started off brilliantly, but I haven't seen his name on the scoresheet too often since he bagged about 12 in a few games. Yes, he's scoring the odd one for a unlucky Stockport side, but the fact he won't command much of a transfer fee suggests he's being bought on the off-chance he may be a half-decent buy.

Didn't hear his name touted round when Stockport were challenging for a top 6 last season. The ones who were sought after were sold when they first got offers. Tells me something.

He's only on everyone's radar because he's scoring goals.

It's a good reason. He's a much more complete player than that though, according to a couple of mates who watch him week in week out, and a Morecambe fan.

He started off brilliantly, but I haven't seen his name on the scoresheet too often since he bagged about 12 in a few games.

He's scored 3 in the last 7. 4 in the last 10. 13 in 24 this season. Not bad for a midfielder.

Yes, he's scoring the odd one for a unlucky Stockport side, but the fact he won't command much of a transfer fee suggests he's being bought on the off-chance he may be a half-decent buy.

He's a class above a :censored:e Stockport side.

Didn't hear his name touted round when Stockport were challenging for a top 6 last season.

He was injured for most of last season. He started most games up to January but didn't finish any of them. He didn't play at all after that. One game he didn't start was the game at Edgeley Park v Latics. He came on at half time. A key part to that game turning round.

The ones who were sought after were sold when they first got offers. Tells me something.

Tells me he wasn't fit in the Summer.

Edited by opinions4u

Not just on Baker but we really need to start raiding teams that are in trouble for their better players or at least throwing our names into the hat.

It is sad that it comes down to this but everyone else is being ruthless and taking the better player from teams struggling financially. Pilkington at Huddersfield is a prime example of taking a good player from a team struggling financially.

Not just on Baker but we really need to start raiding teams that are in trouble for their better players or at least throwing our names into the hat.

It is sad that it comes down to this but everyone else is being ruthless and taking the better player from teams struggling financially. Pilkington at Huddersfield is a prime example of taking a good player from a team struggling financially.

We did with Fleming from Gretna. Purdie and Abbot from Darlo.

We should have outbid Huddersfield's £550k offer for Pilkington. But I think we were saving up for Colbeck at the time.

He's scored at Wembley don't ya know!

I know, Pilkington only went for 600k.

I don't see why we don't make a bid for Jermaine Beckford, 15 odd goals this season, probably the best striker in the division, these are the sort of players we should be looking at to get out of the division.

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore