Heffernan not coming back

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On Heff, can only go on what I saw at Wycombe, but he didn't look overly sharp. Decent hold-up player, and he could turn a defender but would then invariably end up being closed down within a couple of paces when he should have been clear through. Think O'Grady will do the same thing when he's back...I'd be happy to let Heff go back to Donny for the month, get his full sharpness back by playing a few games for them in their crisis then maybe come back at the end of January for the season.

That said, it doesn't matter what players you have up front when the manager takes off the best player on the pitch when you're winning.

On Heff, can only go on what I saw at Wycombe, but he didn't look overly sharp. Decent hold-up player, and he could turn a defender but would then invariably end up being closed down within a couple of paces when he should have been clear through. Think O'Grady will do the same thing when he's back...I'd be happy to let Heff go back to Donny for the month, get his full sharpness back by playing a few games for them in their crisis then maybe come back at the end of January for the season.

That said, it doesn't matter what players you have up front when the manager takes off the best player on the pitch when you're winning.

Trouble is if Heff does well at Donny it would only mean other clubs coming in for him. Sooner the better we can get him IMO. He's had a few games now to get the rust out.

Brill has an injured cheekbone as well as Flahavan? What are we going to do? :wink:

Get Doctor Medic down here and design a Frankenkeeper! There's got to be the makings of a decent Championship player between the two of them.

Maybe the American girls could help as well? :peepwall:

We're a bit baffled by this. There has to be more to it. He's not likely to play much if at all (might get a game at Brentford but bar that he'll be on the bench). We've only been playing one up front and he's behind Sharp and Hayter for the striker role. The only injury is that to Fairhurst and I can only think SOD is considering playing Heffs at Brentford.

For the avoidance of doubt, did Flahavan injure his cheekbone on the pitch at Wycombe after I left the stadium?

I don't remember it happening at all but he could have taken an elbow at any corner/free-kick. Can we assume that, rather than starting another '*******' punched him in training rumour? Before you know it, Smalley's mother and the local deli will be involved.

For the avoidance of doubt, did Flahavan injure his cheekbone on the pitch at Wycombe after I left the stadium?

From what I remember the only time he went down injured was from the kick off after Whits' goal when they tried to lob him from the half way line and he ran back into the post. Will stand to be corrected but don't think there was another occasion when the game was stopped for him, certainly not in the last five minutes.

From what I remember the only time he went down injured was from the kick off after Whits' goal when they tried to lob him from the half way line and he ran back into the post. Will stand to be corrected but don't think there was another occasion when the game was stopped for him, certainly not in the last five minutes.

That's the only one I remember as a part-timer.

I don't remember it happening at all but he could have taken an elbow at any corner/free-kick. Can we assume that, rather than starting another '*******' punched him in training rumour? Before you know it, Smalley's mother and the local deli will be involved.

We wouldn't want people putting your rumour example together with Wardle's prediction of Gregan leaving the club and coming up with a bunch of fives. :blink:

P.S. Does Smalley's mother work at the Club? :wink:

That's the only one I remember as a part-timer.

Re Flahavan, I think there was a long stoppage before half time where he recieved treatment, at that stage and over half time I was unsure that he was going to return so am presuming it was then rather than later in the game

How well do you remember it though? Well enough to correctly claim in your Ernie report that it happened after Whits' goal...or to mistakenly report that it took place at the start of the second half? :wink:

You see why I don't normally include much about the game in my ernieflag reports. You are correct that it was in the first half when Flahavan collided with the post, injuring his back, but not enough to warrant treatment.

I think I got the strippers' names correct, though. :grin:

Re Flahavan, I think there was a long stoppage before half time where he recieved treatment, at that stage and over half time I was unsure that he was going to return so am presuming it was then rather than later in the game

He was positioned at our end in the first half but I don't remember him receiving treatment.

He was positioned at our end in the first half but I don't remember him receiving treatment.

Happened straight from the kick off after Caspers goal. Flahaven was well off his line and the Wycombe player tried an audacious lob from the re-start. In back opedalling Flahaven collided with his post. At the time I thought he was milking it a bit and was a little worried that the ref when approaching him was going to card him for time wasting.

Bloody soft players these days. :wink:

How would Ronnie Radford have gone on if he had been a player today? Hereford would never have been famous :grin:

Happened straight from the kick off after Caspers goal. Flahaven was well off his line and the Wycombe player tried an audacious lob from the re-start. In back opedalling Flahaven collided with his post. At the time I thought he was milking it a bit and was a little worried that the ref when approaching him was going to card him for time wasting.

Bloody soft players these days. :wink:

How would Ronnie Radford have gone on if he had been a player today? Hereford would never have been famous :grin:

Cheers,

Harry