Post match interview

50 points? So Penney wanted us to be second in the table!?

Leeds are on 56 and they've only lost once.

50 points at this stage of the season would usually be top of the table.

nope,i didnt say his aim was to be top of the table at this stage.

what i said was,that in an interview with either latics player or on the official site at the time of his appointment,and the upcoming season,he stated it was important to get points on the board as quickly as possible,he said he didnt like stating we are going for this and that,but he said his first target was 50 points,as that was enough to ensure league 1 status,then obviously 60 points then 70,and then he said anything can happen after that..

i will try and find it somewhere but he definately said it,this isnt made up.

nope,i didnt say his aim was to be top of the table at this stage.

what i said was,that in an interview with either latics player or on the official site at the time of his appointment,and the upcoming season,he stated it was important to get points on the board as quickly as possible,he said he didnt like stating we are going for this and that,but he said his first target was 50 points,as that was enough to ensure league 1 status,then obviously 60 points then 70,and then he said anything can happen after that..

i will try and find it somewhere but he definately said it,this isnt made up.

Yeah he definitely said that. I remember being annoyed at the time at him for saying that, thinking he was being negative. In hindsight, he was being optimistic.

I thought a centre half was a good idea.

And we are only 3 days in to the transfer window!

Yes the centre half is a decent idea but how long did it take him to bring cover in for that area ? Maybe a bit of forward planing is needed from Penney because like others have stated he should be looking for players all the time to make the squad better and not just look when the transfer window opens.