Getting beyond a joke now!

DP is in a very different situation to both RM and JS and at the wrong end of any 'financial/ambitious backing' - he's almost in 'no win' situ -----stick with him though, there's a long way to go yet this season :wink:

People keep saying this... Our leader ensure us he has the same budget as Shez had...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People keep saying this... Our leader ensure us he has the same budget as Shez had...

Same budget or not (which by the way i doubt!!), DP hasn't had any time at all to consistently play his best squad and tactics and those who wish for a quick fix will criticise whilst we are struggling at the bottom end. However, those with an 'ounce' of football nouse, know that with all of the armory at his disposal, DP will employ the correct tactics and team that will see us finish comfortably in this division.

Same budget or not (which by the way i doubt!!), DP hasn't had any time at all to consistently play his best squad and tactics and those who wish for a quick fix will criticise whilst we are struggling at the bottom end. However, those with an 'ounce' of football nouse, know that with all of the armory at his disposal, DP will employ the correct tactics and team that will see us finish comfortably in this division.

You are suggesting we judge him when everything is going right... I continue to suggest you judge the managers ability as much when the :censored: hits the fan...

You are suggesting we judge him when everything is going right... I continue to suggest you judge the managers ability as much when the :censored: hits the fan...

managers ability or not the time to judge isnt now.

and your right,managers should be judged on good and bad things they do,however this current injury thing is pretty similar to one of shez seasons,where we had to make do and mend bring in loans and use kids not ready...and whilst i agree he hasnt been able to put out anything like his first team,he still has a job to do with the players at his disposal,and its this that is baffling fans.

why play smalley upfront when we all know he can run up and down the touchline all day long and take defenders on...but cant hit a barn door with a banjo.

parker isnt played in correct position and too much tinkering with midfield,but is this down to injurys or lack of ability from players.

i do think dp will get it right,i just dont know how long we will have to wait,or how patient people are going to be.

I think that's my point!! - People judge managers when the :censored: is hitting the fan and that is why very few are given chance to prove themselves - very recent examples are Megson (whom admittedly is a bit of a t i t and Irvine - both were brought in and kept their teams in the division with Irvine going on to make play offs in his first full year....pne sold their 'supposedly' best defender, goals dried up and a short term period of bad results (11 games!!!) suddenly he's out of a job!!!! - bull:censored:

the problem is that altho we all want DP to be successful that he has already lost a huge section of fan base due to negative play and insipid tactics. Ok so whats next - well Ronnie was a grade 1 :censored: who lost the fans early doors with his old pals act / long ball theory and then shez lost the fans wirth his 'win or lose have a booze ' mentality. so we got DP . so guess what - another complete change over of personnel- which we all know never ever works, but what the fook. So we go to the monkey hangers with a bit of christmas cheer and get what we deserve - fook all !. was hoping today to be proved wrong but was exactly what expected. Latics have never been so un-inspiring to watch in the last 40 years. Penny :censored: off and do us all a favour !. Lost the faith.

managers ability or not the time to judge isnt now.

and your right,managers should be judged on good and bad things they do,however this current injury thing is pretty similar to one of shez seasons,where we had to make do and mend bring in loans and use kids not ready...and whilst i agree he hasnt been able to put out anything like his first team,he still has a job to do with the players at his disposal,and its this that is baffling fans.

why play smalley upfront when we all know he can run up and down the touchline all day long and take defenders on...but cant hit a barn door with a banjo.

parker isnt played in correct position and too much tinkering with midfield,but is this down to injurys or lack of ability from players.

i do think dp will get it right,i just dont know how long we will have to wait,or how patient people are going to be.

Its fine to judge now... Draw conclusions around March though I would say...

I think that's my point!! - People judge managers when the :censored: is hitting the fan and that is why very few are given chance to prove themselves - very recent examples are Megson (whom admittedly is a bit of a t i t and Irvine - both were brought in and kept their teams in the division with Irvine going on to make play offs in his first full year....pne sold their 'supposedly' best defender, goals dried up and a short term period of bad results (11 games!!!) suddenly he's out of a job!!!! - bull:censored:

DP will be given chance to get us out of the :censored: I hope.... Come March is the time we would have to think about making a change... The would be about 11 months into the job...

DP will be given chance to get us out of the :censored: I hope.... Come March is the time we would have to think about making a change... The would be about 11 months into the job...

why march??? you would have 8 weeks to get it right if your deep in the :censored:,the loan and transfer windows firmly shut and you take what you have

thats why the majority of clubs looking to change a manager use the christmas period...because they have a chance to see what the manager can do up until then,and if they dont like they know if you bring in a new man then,he gets the transfer window to bring in a few new faces to hopefully inspire the rest of the players into something.

if you wait till march you may as well wait until season has ended,then get rid.

this feels very similar to ronnie moores time here.horses for courses style management,isnt pretty to watch mostly uninspiring with the few odd highlights thrown in to keep the hardcore interested.

im guessing if we have the same end to the season and then there is a very slow uptake in season tickets he will go,just like ronnie as the owners will get very uncomfy with the situation and panic once again

why march??? you would have 8 weeks to get it right if your deep in the :censored:,the loan and transfer windows firmly shut and you take what you have

Plenty of clubs have changed management in March and reverse their fortunes. Don't you remember Moore taking over from Talbot ?

if you wait till march you may as well wait until season has ended,then get rid.

This is so painful... Come March if we are still in the bottom 4 then one would suggest waiting to the end of the season could see us down a division.

this feels very similar to ronnie moores time here

No no no... It is completely different... Moore took over in March saved us from relegation, and then the following season led us to a mid table position. Some of our more bright posters / fans did not think this was good enough and forced the clubs hand to sack him. TTA being as weak as they are gave in.

DP took over in April... Had all summer to rebuild the squad and we are no in 19th. That is more like Talbot.

Edited by oafc0000

Plenty of clubs have changed management in March and reverse their fortunes. Don't you remember Moore taking over from Talbot ?

This is so painful... Come March if we are still in the bottom 4 then one would suggest waiting to the end of the season could see us down a division.

No no no... It is completely different... Moore took over in March saved us from relegation, and then the following season led us to a mid table position. Some of our more bright posters / fans did not think this was good enough and forced the clubs hand to sack him. TTA being as weak as they are gave in.

DP took over in April... Had all summer to rebuild the squad and we are no in 19th. That is more like Talbot.

once again you have completely missed my point.and why the need to highlight march so big...

it feels like ronnie time again because people are walking away again in droves,and the football is less than entertaining to say the least...and i can again see the owners giving in and panicking...

if your in the bottom 3 in march and have no means of escape you would just do it at the end of the season...

once again you have completely missed my point.and why the need to highlight march so big...

To be frank that is more your fault than mine then. Your posts and opinions seem to swing wildly.

it feels like ronnie time again because people are walking away again in droves,and the football is less than entertaining to say the least...and i can again see the owners giving in and panicking...

The owners have shown no back bone over the last five years. They showed no back bone when people like you was complaining about Moore and asking for his head. So you are probably right... Difference is this is like Talbot time all over again and getting rid would be the right thing IF (and only if) DP dose not get results out of the team in the coming months.

Its nothing like Ronnie Moores time to be frank. Its a lot worse... Moore did not drive out some of the regulars who now declare they are not going on here.

if your in the bottom 3 in march and have no means of escape you would just do it at the end of the season...

To get it through to you exactly why March is being talked about. Its worked for other clubs and its worked for us.

Edited by oafc0000

To be frank that is more your fault than mine then. Your posts and opinions seem to swing wildly.

. They showed no back bone when people like you was complaining about Moore and asking for his head. So you are probably right...

Its nothing like Ronnie Moores time to be frank. Its a lot worse... Moore did not drive out some of the regulars who now declare they are not going on here.

To get it through to you exactly why March is being talked about. Its worked for other clubs and its worked for us.

so you dont listen then do you.

i never wanted ronnie moore sacked in the first place,because i could see what he was trying to do,horses for courses,first full season in charge gets us to tenth in league,and i firmly believe had he been given the chance his second full season would of been better...

pretty much like what he did at tranmere,getting it right before they bottled it,like our board did.

i wanted talbot out yes,and shez...

i never wanted ronnie moore sacked in the first place,because i could see what he was trying to do,horses for courses,first full season in charge gets us to tenth in league,and i firmly believe had he been given the chance his second full season would of been better...

Rewrite history if you want but I remember you calling for his head. I was one of about five people saying it would be a stupid move and you was not one of them.

Rewrite history if you want but I remember you calling for his head. I was one of about five people saying it would be a stupid move and you was not one of them.

ok,whatever....i dont need to re write history,everyone who knows me knows i didnt want him sacked...thats good enough for me,my consience is clear.

Crowds stayed reasonable under Moore throughout his time. Come the summer of his sacking STs where going slow but it remained to be seen how serious that lot where.

I'd say season ticket sales being down is the exact definition of driving away regulars.

As for right and wrong with Moore. I myself didn't give one either way. I could see the point of those ditching it though, as it was godawful to watch and sometimes I was putting in more effort going to the game than the players on the pitch were during it. However, the results weren't exactly poor.

To me, it wasn't the best or worst of moves, but the only really vocal one against it was BB80, who didn't stop chuntering for about two years.

I'd say season ticket sales being down is the exact definition of driving away regulars.

As for right and wrong with Moore. I myself didn't give one either way. I could see the point of those ditching it though, as it was godawful to watch and sometimes I was putting in more effort going to the game than the players on the pitch were during it. However, the results weren't exactly poor.

To me, it wasn't the best or worst of moves, but the only really vocal one against it was BB80, who didn't stop chuntering for about two years.

Moore didn't drive away as many people as have been driven away subsequently.

One conclusion: the problem isn't primarily the manager.

Moore didn't drive away as many people as have been driven away subsequently.

One conclusion: the problem isn't primarily the manager.

No arguments from me there.

But, then again it's fairly obvious that donkeys years in Division 3, a :censored:heap stadium with awful catering facilities, a recession and no real prospect of promotion aren't going to pack them in.

Product on the pitch would help to an extent though.