Getting beyond a joke now!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moore didn't drive away as many people as have been driven away subsequently.

One conclusion: the problem isn't primarily the manager.

I disagree...Moore drove alot of fans away with his boring style and lack of affinity with the fans and that was the main reason for his dismissal, the problem is after Shez's brief shot at promotion and subsequent demise we have continued our decline.

I do agree that the problem is not primarily with the manager as there are a whole host of reasons why this club is on it's arse, however, the main reason is the crap out on the pitch. TTA are responsible for keeping this club alive but unfortunately the product on the pitch seems to get worse with every passing manager....I can't remember a more depressing season than this one and really don't get any enjoyment whatsoever from going to BP anymore.

We are 6 years into TTA's 5 year plan to get established in the championship.....If we no longer have this ambition then I think the club is doomed.

I, and many more, will certainly not go to Failsworth to watch any more of this sh**e!!!!

We are 6 years into TTA's 5 year plan to get established in the championship.....If we no longer have this ambition then I think the club is doomed.

I, and many more, will certainly not go to Failsworth to watch any more of this sh**e!!!!

The crux of a problem that no stadium can solve.

We could feel better about the delay in 'the plan' if it were not for the fact that a stadium with a capacity of 12000 (or is it 10000?) indicates no intention to establish the club in the Championship. Almost every stadium of such a size belongs to a club with little or no prospect of ever rising out of the lower divisions.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

• 1 month later...
managers ability or not the time to judge isnt now.

and your right,managers should be judged on good and bad things they do,however this current injury thing is pretty similar to one of shez seasons,where we had to make do and mend bring in loans and use kids not ready...and whilst i agree he hasnt been able to put out anything like his first team,he still has a job to do with the players at his disposal,and its this that is baffling fans.

why play smalley upfront when we all know he can run up and down the touchline all day long and take defenders on...but cant hit a barn door with a banjo.

parker isnt played in correct position and too much tinkering with midfield,but is this down to injurys or lack of ability from players.

i do think dp will get it right,i just dont know how long we will have to wait,or how patient people are going to be.

A squad should be strong enough to cover all eventualities and the time to sort that out is in pre season.

It seems to me there is too much emphasis on quantity of playing staff rather than quality, with the development squad/Hungarians adding to costs yet little signs of it flourishing.

I would like to see a trimmer more competitive squad in future.

A squad should be strong enough to cover all eventualities and the time to sort that out is in pre season.

Now BP1960, let me nail my flag firmly to the mast. You are one of the most invaluable posters on here, but that seems to be impossible to me. A leaner more trim squad (when we had 10 players with a shout for a claim to be first team, out at one point) that also is big enough to cover all eventualities.

It's just occured to me that a quarter of the games I've been to this season were pre-season. :blink:

Draw your own conclusions!

I can't remember a season when I only went to one game or less... People have already drawn conclusions about me though :wink:

Now BP1960, let me nail my flag firmly to the mast. You are one of the most invaluable posters on here, but that seems to be impossible to me. A leaner more trim squad (when we had 10 players with a shout for a claim to be first team, out at one point) that also is big enough to cover all eventualities.

Quality rather than quantity is the key Singe.

Quality rather than quantity is the key Singe.

to cover every eventuallity your talking at least 25 to 30 players....of decent quality.

you may find the odd gem out there amongst all the players,but you wont get the calibre of player we require in those numbers unless were throwing around silly money on wages...

as we are basically debt free,i dont see any probs putting in the cash in a big amount to buy quality to get us up,you get your money back in the long run,but not in huge numbers of players.