Exeter Away

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and OldhamSheridan have a beer-based bet to settle there, so I guess you can count us in. I for one would be grateful if you could also research and tell me what the nature of the bet was.

I for one would be grateful if you didn't, but I get the feeling unless QPR make a late bid for Mr Heaton I may be a couple of pints worse off.

All this reminds me though, I must book those flights.

Me and Masked Owl need to be informed where you are all meeting , we didnt meet up with anyone in Norwich <_<

Here, here.

All this talk beforehand and we didnt bump into a single latics fan during the evening celebrations. I was sure we'd meet some oldhamers in the strip club, haha.

Me and Masked Owl need to be informed where you are all meeting , we didnt meet up with anyone in Norwich <_<

Here's a starter for ten...extract from Fans Guide:

Exeter City - Where To Drink?

There is a Social Club at the ground, which admits away supporters. Otherwise, the ground is walkable from the city centre where there are plenty of pubs. Mike Faulkner from Somerset, recommends the Duke Of York and the Amber Rooms in Sidwell Street. Tony Fort recommends 'The Victoria' on Victoria Road (follow Victoria Street from the back of the Grandstand). As Tony says 'You can park here (for free) but it is a good 10-15 minutes walk from the ground and steep! The pub is great, very "studenty", but full of friendly Exeter supporters. Both the food and ale were excellent both from a quality and value perspective'. Whilst Mick Hubbard adds; 'We walked on from the city centre towards the ground and, instead of following Old Tiverton Road which leads to the ground, we forked right, up Blackboy Road and stopped at the Bowling Green pub, which is about a quarter of a mile from the ground. We enjoyed this pub very much - good beer (i.e. proper ale), comfortable and quite airy, very friendly (locals were hospitable and fans of both clubs mixed amicably) and a separate pool table for those so inclined. A definite recommendation'.

Otherwise if you like your real ale then there is the Wells Tavern (formerly the Brook Green Tavern) on Well Street. This pub is a regular in the annual CAMRA Good Beer Guide and is located only 50 metres away from the football ground and is away fan friendly Sounds promising :drinking45:

Edited by TheBigDog

Its £22 each way, without a railcard but goes up and extra £x, I forget now, but if you don't mind it taking 14 hours and 2 changes to get back to Piccadily you have to pay for it, otherwise looking at a midnightish return to M/cr, 4.5 hours travelling from M/cr, about the same as in car.

prob go for £65 return. leavin fri early evenin and returns early afternoon on sun. only one change and thats in exeter itself